Sleepy Fox Hollow It always runs back but it's never quite the same
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Good, she said, his laughter making a tight smile tilt one side of her lips. It was gone just and quickly as it appeared, though. I'm happy that you have each other, she said. And you do deserve it, she added. Whatever issues they still needed to work through, she still believed that he deserved to be happy.

He frowned and brought up two subjects she didn't really want to talk about. She was miserable and heartbroken, but no way did she want to tell him all about that. I'm...okay, I guess, she offered instead. I have a lot going on, she added, probably making things even more cryptic for him. And Stigmata— she paused, her chest tightening painfully as she said his name. He died...a few months ago. And before that? things had been strained at best, something she would feel eternally guilty for. Three of my four children are missing. My oldest son is the only one that remains. I've been searching for them, but have not found anything yet. Everything just came spilling out. She had kept it all to herself for so long, the pressure building and building and now that she had let some of it out, the rest burst from her without her control. And I had to go and fall in love with the man I lead Diaspora with. Now things are all messed up, and I just feel like an idiot for letting him in in the first place. She turned away as hot tears pricked at the corners of her eyes. She swallowed and drew in a deep breath. When she had composed herself, she turned back to her brother. I'm sorry, Sia—I didn't meant to dump all of that on you...not all at once and not right now. It was unfair with so much still between them and their relationship still so fragile.
Inuttuk
Common

Messages In This Thread
RE: It always runs back but it's never quite the same - by Takiyok - February 04, 2020, 03:31 PM