Whitebark Stream My name is Connor, I'm the android sent by CyberLife
25 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Joining 
He'd given up on looking for Hank. His heart ached, but it was winter, & he was not an adept hunter. Connor knew he wouldn't last on his own. Dragging feet brought him to the border of a pack, & he swallowed hard. Would they accept him? Would he fit in at all? These were wild animals; they were so different from him in so many ways... but he had to try. Tilting his crown skywards, he called for leadership. Then, he sat & tried to calm his thudding heart with eyes fixed on his paws.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
her heat-scent was not as strong as it had been the past two days, and yet it was still evident. for two days she'd hidden away, for the most part; but she could not put off her duties any longer. she would only grow angry at herself. and so with a quiet request of @Artyom to stay near, she moves the fairly short distance to the call's origin.

the male she finds there is still, motionless as his crown tilts downward, toward his paws. one rove of her auds to where Artyom stands, and then her attention is fixed on the stranger. she chuffs, an easy greeting, and then, "welcome. this is whitebark stream; I am dawn, one of its leaders." further question of what he wants is not required; she expects he'll offer that soon enough.
323 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
The sound of a voice - a male voice - requesting a leader's attention at the borders was enough to raise Artyom's toughened guard hairs. He lifted his earthen eyes to seek his ashen companion's features and found a reluctance there, something in her eyes that told him she wished to stay.

A request came, one that asked him to keep close, and he had not even considered the possibility of her intercepting a rogue on the borders alone. He moved to bump his muzzle to hers, a quiet reassurance, and promised out loud to be sure that she was safe.

As the pair approached, Artyom's gaze on the stranger was particularly out of character. He eyed him with suspicion, flagged his tail and emitted a low rumble to accompany his fleeting flash of fangs. He hoped the boy wouldn't take it personal though moreso hoped his display was enough to deliver an appropriate warning: Dawn was receptive still, but not a free-for-all. She was his mate and, as collected as he may oft appear, Artyom would put himself in harm's way before he'd allow it come for her.
25 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
The first to approach introduced herself as "Dawn", a pretty name. She was kind & welcoming, which eased his nerves. But then a pale man came close behind, & he made a flashy display of dominance. Possessive, he noted, but he didn't take it personally. It was the courtship season, & if they were both leaders, he could put two & two together that they were mates. He found it inappropriate nonetheless but wouldn't comment on it.

Connor kept his composure & retained a neutral stance. Seeing that Dawn was clearly more open to conversation, he kept his attention on her. I'm sorry to bother you. My name is Connor; I was wondering if you had room for one more in your ranks. His heart fluttered again, though he didn't let it show.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
she'd expected some manner of irritation at Artyom's display, but there is only a warmth in her chest, a press of the familiar desire. but she remains composed, shifting only slightly to brush her shoulder against his, a barely-noticable motion that betrays her desire for nearness. 

but here she is a leader first, and the woman's attention remains fixed on the man. connor. "we do," she affirms, with a dip of her muzzle. "what skills could you offer to us?" she inquires, intent on learning a bit more about who this man is before letting him past the borderline.
323 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
The other male looked his way, acknowledging his flash of fangs with a cool stare. Artyom noted that he was young, perhaps inexperienced in the ways of a mated wolf with a need to defend his partner from those who may chance their luck should the opportunity present itself. Dawn was not yet liberated from her season, solidifying Artyom's desire to protect - and a need to secure that her offspring would be his alone.

She delivered a small acknowledgment of his defense, and he slackened at the touch. The unknown wolf didn't seem interested in Dawn at all, thankfully, and in fact presented an almost robotic appearance as his attention shifted to her. Although the enticing scent of his mate continued to keep him alert to the situation, Artyom felt content to simply observe this exchange without further warning.
25 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
"almost robotic appearance" i c what u did there, & i RESPECT it.

The pair exchanged a silent conversation of caresses that appeared to quell the man's tension ever-so slightly, which extended to him, as well. Dawn asked what he had to offer, & he answered, I have experience in defensive combat & can also act as a messenger, though I'd be happy to assist in anything you request of me. He gave a little smile, always eager to please both humans & canines in any way he could.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
he listed practical, useful skills that she commended at once. if he was true to his word, the pack could use wolves like him to balance out the ranks. they needed variation within the rank structure to be strong, and the boy seemed just that. 

her gaze shifts over her once more before she smiles, dips her muzzle somewhat. respectable, polite, and with useful skills to boot; he is the poster child of the perfect recruit. "you're welcome to join our ranks, connor. you'll start off as a recruit, and join the main body of the pack once you've integrated yourself here." any rigidness in her stance relaxes, then, as her tail wags softly. she considers, then, and issues a howl for @Daylily

"Daylily is a packmate; she can give you a tour, and introduce you to some of the others." she's in no mood to do so herself, not now. when the woman arrives, the leader will reiterate the instructions, remaining a moment to ensure the pair accept the arrangement. the girl seemed the best suited; her activity within the pack is not unnoticed, nor is her initiative.
323 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
He was watchful, curious of the newcomer that Dawn saw fit to welcome among their ranks. His name was Connor, he had stated before, one that Artyom was sure to recall considering the tension that first clouded their encounter.

The ranger's overwhelming desire to be kind was what roused some thought to apologising for his display, ultimately deciding against it. He could revisit it perhaps, when Dawn was no longer receptive and his protectiveness of her lessened, but for now he maintained his silence and hoped there would be no hard feelings in future.

A summons for Daylily was regarded with a cant of a smooth lobe, and he felt relief that his mate seemed as eager to retreat toward their little glen as he was, where they could be alone again for the remainder of her heat cycle.

77 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Assuming this is meant to wrap up so I PP’d @Dawn giving instructions to Day and then her and @Artyom leaving if that’s fine? Tell me if otherwise!

Daylily heard Dawn’s call and came trotting quickly over to her. Upon approach, she smelled two other wolves: Artyom and an unknown male. Through a break in the trees, she saw the young male… and was immediately infatuated. He had strange curly fur in places and his ears were splayed as if he couldn’t keep them up. And his eyes… Her body went hot beneath her fur, but she tried to remain professional. “You called?” she said, coming to stand beside Dawn. The leader gave her instructions for Day to show this… Connor around. He was a new recruit. “O-of course!” Daylily said, and turned to face Connor again. “N-nice to meet you,” she stuttered, smiling bashfully. “I’m D-Daylily.”

As Dawn and Artyom departed, Day felt a nervous excitement to be showing Connor around.