Wheeling Gull Isle Good Tidings
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
She trips over her words, a mannerism that goes not without notice by the man. Each time it happens he narrows his eyes— a quirk as he calculates what she might mean and what she is trying to say. It vividly reminds him of the time his whelps tried to speak, their mumblings and words falling over each other as they tried searching their limited vocabulary. The memory saddens him and pangs his heart with sadness.

He swallows it down.

"What god you worship?"

The question catches him off-guard, straightforward in a way he had not expected from the girl. "I do not know of their names, only that they exist and play an important role in our lives." he retorted, whispered almost as if ashamed. The gods had challenged him, driven his youngest away— a catalyst and a test that he had failed. He did not know why the gods sought to teach him a lesson, nor did he try to think about it too much. The only thought on his mind was the new task he was graced with— to find his other son, Newt.

"I'm afraid my pack does not follow in the same paw steps as me, I do not shame them for it though. I grew up far from here, in the mountains where the breeze was bitter and cold." Yes, Hengfell. A world way and a place Greyback had not thought of in years. "When I left I chose to close that chapter of my life... but what about you? What is your culture?"

He watched her eerily. Had Hua found solace in gods? Did she have of her own? Whatever he was about to say next died in his throat as she mentioned being leader. Instantly, the man's face heated and he bowed once more to her with a face of disbelief. "My apologies, I had not known I was in such a presence. Do not apologize. If you are indeed the leader then perhaps you can help shorten my journey, hmm?"

"I am looking for my son, Newt. Has he passed through here? He should carry my scent, and look rather similar to me."

Messages In This Thread
Good Tidings - by Greyback - March 07, 2020, 01:32 AM
RE: Good Tidings - by Huā - March 07, 2020, 03:21 PM
RE: Good Tidings - by Greyback - March 07, 2020, 03:43 PM
RE: Good Tidings - by Huā - March 07, 2020, 03:54 PM
RE: Good Tidings - by Greyback - March 14, 2020, 11:07 PM
RE: Good Tidings - by Huā - March 17, 2020, 03:09 AM
RE: Good Tidings - by Greyback - March 17, 2020, 02:00 PM
RE: Good Tidings - by Huā - March 25, 2020, 12:21 PM
RE: Good Tidings - by Greyback - March 30, 2020, 07:37 PM
RE: Good Tidings - by Huā - April 08, 2020, 06:01 PM