Neverwinter Forest I can change this path
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Private 
*DING* ROUND TWO! @Mal

Overthinking made her nervous. Nervousness made her restless. Restlessness made her pick herself out of her stony den and slip out under the curtain of moonlight. In darkness she would travel, over the coast and into the wilderness. Eventually she would arrive where they'd met before. It stirred up strange feelings within her, both good and bad, which she shoved down together into the pit of her heart. Overcoming the worry of potential awkwardness, she summons @Mal , before taking a seat in the sunlight dappling the snowy floor. This time she did not bother to groom- he'd seen her at her most vulnerable already; there was no point in disguising herself as prim and proper now.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
A familiar call. Was it one he expected? Ehhh. Maybe. Not one he minded seeing, though. Look, Mal wasn't one to really keep much in the way of regrets, so it was unsurprising that he showed up with his normal grin and wag of his tail. He was glad to see her, and the fact that they'd been intimate hadn't changed the fact she had seemed quite nice and of course their packs were allied, so of course he'd be happy to see her. To do otherwise would be silly.

He bobbed his head in greeting as he came to a stop, Hua! Pleasure seeing you here again. However, he wasn't going to jump to conclusions -- or more accurately, jump to how she might take conclusions.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
His demeanor lightened her heavy heart- a happy boy, no matter what had transpired between them. Her tail wags joyfully, and she can't help but flash a toothy grin back at him. Strangely enough, despite raising her mood, he no longer sparked electricity through her. Where had the heavy fog gone? It was lifted, and she saw him for who he was- a handsome and pleasant young boy, but not one she was truly interested in. 

Oh, how could she greet him in return? Was it wrong to bring up the discussion immediately? She didn't want to be rude, and yet, it was the reason she'd returned. Not for anything diplomatic, that was for sure. Mal, I happy see you too! She greets with upbeat sing-song voice, coming a little closer on careful little feet. We need talk about other day... my sister, Ying, she not happy with me... She explains, tone dropping noticeably.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
As far as Mal figured, there hadn't really been anything wrong with what they'd done. Then again, Mal hadn't exactly been from a particularly strict upbringing -- he just kind of did his own thing and if it didn't entirely explode, then it was fine. People could do what they wanted as long as it was fair. Nothing between them should have anything to do with the other sister -- was it something to do with diplomatic stuff somehow? Didn't make sense to him.

He tipped his head, Hmm? What does she have to do with it? His overall mood hadn't changed.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Still unbothered, he seemed. She admired his light heart- often, she was unabashedly casual as he- but at a time like this, the weight of the world seemed to rest on her feather-boned shoulders. 

In my culture... to, um, do that, with man, girl need be married. I think, is no big deal. But Ying worry if... Huā paused then, almost cringing at the awkwardness of it all- or at least the discomfort that she, perhaps singularly, was feeling. If I get pre... pregnant, then my people, they hate me. For doing bad job in following our culture. She sighs as if releasing a great weight, relieved that finally she had someone to share her problems with. Surely there were no open minds to vent to at home.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Until she clarified, Mal had thought that he had totally read her wrong before, a brief moment of doubt. Sure, her departure had been a little awkward but it wasn't like Mal had found a way to make it not so. But that apparently wasn't the case and the doubt went away. Or most of it, at least. He had kind of thought she didn't care about the consequences at all, so maybe just Ying was giving her regrets.

Between not being aware of what all the female side of the equation entailed and the limited information he had beyond that, he was just left guessing. He gave it some thought, but Mal's life had pretty much been a no-rules free for all. He didn't really have the right background to see how anything she'd done was wrong as long as she was happy with whatever the results were. But you're the leader, shouldn't you be the one deciding if stuff is right or wrong? Can't you convince them somehow? Then Mal had another thought and snorted, I mean if your pack is all your family, it's not like one of them would be good to have pups with anyway, that'd be way more awful, I'd think.  But if for some reason it wasn't totally gross to her, then he was going to have to reevaluate what he thought of their pack to start with.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
She nods eagerly at his proposal that she be the one calling the shots in her own pack. He was right; who were they to question her? She was in charge. They had made the choice to join her pack, and so they should be keeping themselves in line. Instead, her own sister was questioning her. But she had no reason to clutch their culture so tightly now when Ying herself would sleep with any man that batted his eyes her way. She only wanted to blame Huā as incompetent, only wanted to make her feel ashamed. She narrows her eyes at the thought, but recalls her company and lightens up once again. 

You right. I in charge, they gotta listen to me. And yet they still treat me like I am no one. She scowls with annoyance. My own family least tru... trustworthy, of all. I know you friends with her, but to honest, I not trust Ying. She go behind my back make group, she get mad at me for sex. She think she know better than me, but she just one of my, um, sub- subordinate. I feel not safe with her anymore. She admits with a sigh, figure dropping to something sad and pitiful, hoping he would have advice.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
He certainly wasn't regretting not having some sort of culture behind him -- winging it was much easier when you got right down to it. I'm sure there's ways to buzz off anyway. He had a somewhat devious thought, smirking about it, Like couldn't you say it's some big sacrifice you're making to grow the pack? I mean, you came here for an alliance. Just say it was all totally worked out well in advance. Or at least that was his cheeky solution. He assumed he was the only possible father at least. But he was keenly aware that he was pretty... distinctive looking, and Caerus had pretty much proven that at least some of that was passed on. It'd probably be better to not lie. Maybe if he was something more drab and ordinary...

Blink, I thought you knew about it. That's pretty weird of her to just do that. Like it's supposed to help your pack, so why leave you out of it? Like that seems like a way worse choice. She should be helping you so you can help her kind of thing. Has she gone to every pack around here by now? Maybe for a while she could go and just find normal people to recruit for the pack instead of just looking for warriors. Would that even be possible? But it might make her prove she still wanted to be in that pack..
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
His idea didn't sound half-bad. Introduce her pregnancy as planned, for the sake of the pack and the alliance- it would certainly be a simple answer to a complicated problem. Tell her people that, and get a husband to prove that she was not some mindless slut- and surely she could win the support of her family once again. Especially a marriage to a man before the birth would be helpful- that children would not come into the world as "bastards", whether or not her husband was the father. And Mal was just the planned sperm donor all along- would her people believe it? She could certainly try... So creative! I think maybe I can tell them this... She muses as her expression shifts to something a little sly. 

His next words have her nodding up and down again like a bouncing yoyo. What you say, exactly what I think. If she want help me, why not tell me? I not unreas... unreasonable girl. I understand why she do it. But she make me worry when she so secret about it. And yeah- I know she visit you, Rusalka, Moonspear. Maybe more. I think recruit warrior is good, but also other people important too. We need medic, counselor, hunter- but she not focus on this. I think she confuse me a little bit. Huā chuckles at last, expression somewhat exasperated.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Well at least he wasn't the only one who thought it was a good idea. See, he did have some good ideas some times... It's just expanding on the truth a little -- easier to remember that way too, I think. But you know  His smirk flashed more broadly then. But look, Mal was in places also a basic kind of guy -- because he'd always be up for more if she wanted it, very in the instant, no strings attached. Now or later. In that aspect he was very much an opportunist, and if she was the same, then they both benefited, did they not?

But Ying was peculiar wolf, sounded like. Were there wolves like that in his own pack? If so, they hadn't spoken up. Maybe he could go through and talk to them again, figure it all out... Hmm. Maybe she wants to do more or something? So if you tell her directly, tell her to find these other people your pack needs, maybe that would keep her busy? Use her idea to help you instead. Then she stays out of trouble, doesn't it? He was sort of talking to work it out, at least. Like if you ask, what is more important to her, the pack, or just her fighters?
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
What is more important to her, the pack or the fighters?

It was an essential question. Was Ying willing to tear apart the stability of the pack for the sake of having a group of talented mercenaries? Did she realize that the army she was creating to protect Yuèlóng could simultaneously be its downfall? Huā wondered these sorts of things, questions she could not describe so completely in the common tongue, but ran back and forth in her mind in mandarin.

Use her idea to help you instead.

If she could not subdue Ying's wild expeditions, then she could make an attempt at aligning herself with the girl. Try to assign the warrior tasks of her own- things that could be in the favor of both Yuèlóng and Junshi. Things that she could keep a watchful eye on, and trust Ying not to create issues. Mal always seemed to provide some good insight and comfort, and even though her time with him had been a mere foolish accident- she certainly would not mind, if such an easygoing and considerate man was the father of her children. I like you idea. I think I can try this, and keep my eye on her, make sure she take care of thing in good way. And the question- pack or fighter? Very important- I need to find where she keep her loyalty.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Seemed like Mal's tiny bit of common sense made sense. Always a positive! Certainly worth a shot. I think you'll get things back in line though. Hell, I think I've gotten this far just pretending I know what I'm doing, I'm sure you'll have better luck, and again a playful smile. Maybe it would seem like he was joking there, but he really had opted for the school of fake it 'til you make it. He'd figured out enough in the process to scrounge by, and it hadn't exploded in his face yet.

Really, there wasn't much else he could do from his spot over in the forest if she stayed off on her island or whatever. "Wait and see" seemed to be the only option for a number of things. And since we are allies, and well, everything, if there's anything I can help with, don't be afraid to ask -- or if you just want a break from it all. I think I'm pretty good at that too. A broad grin at that. A little bit of a lie on his part -- he was still pretty low on ideas for the whole goofing off thing, but he was pretty sure under pressure he could figure out a couple of options to go with the one he had for sure on his list so he didn't look like a fool. He'd just see how things went, move on from there, because some other things he couldn't change and so didn't try, even if another reality might be nice in his eyes.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
His good sense of humor had her laughing again. I don't know what I doing either. I just learn as I go, She chuckles in warm agreement. Few were born knowing how to lead, but that didn't mean others couldn't it. It just took time. Failure was a part of learning, and Huā was great at that part- now she just needed to conquer the next step. Overcoming the problems she'd created for herself and finding new solutions. 

Her offers himself as someone that would be there to help, and she smiles, satisfied. Mal, I really appreciate it. I will let you know If I ever need any more advice... or just a break from my home, She chuckles. Her eyes flit up to a break in the trees to look at the moved position of the sun in the sky. I'm on schedule... but not for long. She gazes at Mal, planting a loving lap on his cheek before pulling away, aware that she might've caused some awkwardness. I think I need go now. I need to go see Hydra... I guess you understand. Farewell, for now, She laughs, and after listening to whatever he may have to say, she would depart and head onwards.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
I got impatient, shh.

I'll be around, was his cheery response. He certainly wouldn't mind having her swing by more regularly for one reason or another. Hell, he might think up a few other clever reasons unrelated to possible kids that might lure her by, and he was speculating about those for a moment or two. Except then she licked his cheek.

Now it wasn't quite Surprised Pikachu because he wasn't openly gawking, but the brief flicker across his features definitely leaned towards surprise before he tried to bottle it up behind a grin that probably looked more sheepish (or boyish) than he probably wanted. Because had anyone done that to him before? Not that his writer remembered. In one small action she'd sliced through several layers of masks he wore, feeling so very young and out of his league again. He shuffled in place but she'd already pulled away so his response was gonna have to just be verbal, as he tried to keep his tail wagging within the realm of respectable for normal conversation, Okay -- you better stay safe out there. And don't be a stranger. Even if now he did want her to stay just a bit longer. Dammit.