Wheeling Gull Isle and waste it on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
All Welcome 
backdated to the 10th! @Huā

Since his return to the island, Orochi has done nothing but sulk and rough up trees. The trip had been a humiliating experience, starting with the talk with Abaddon, getting lost in that forest, and finally his loss to the man on his beach. The only good thing about it was winning the spar against Vespera, but that did not make up for everything else.

Why did I even go? he hissed as he scratched at the same tree for the hundreth time that morning. He truly couldn't remember.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
She had finally returned to the island, only to discover that Ying was still out journeying. Oh well- she would search for her sister later. For now she would need to stay home until the scent faded. She could feel it coming to an end- soon, she hoped- but still the scent plagued her. Her tail lashed back and forth with annoyance as she paced down the beach, unknowingly spreading the scent all through the air. 

Eventually she wanders inland to find Orochi, tearing a tree up. She admired his work for a moment- the plague causing some strange twist in her gut as she noted his strength and stamina- before she awkwardly let out a chuff of greeting. You okay, Orochi? She wonders, tail wagging, still spreading her scent.
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
Orochi had a habit of letting his emotions take over his senses. A jolt of shock ran down his spine when Huā addressed him. He stumbled forward, turned around, and shook his head.

I'm fine, he grumbled before sniffing the air. There was something different about it, about her. Some pungent scent overlayed the salty breeze.

Are you ok? His face twisted into a perplexed expression. You seem different.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
He's fine- or so he claims, despite the fact that he'd seemed angry and emotional only moments earlier. But she takes his word for it, deciding to focus instead on his new question. His sniffing of the air does not go unnoticed, and she realizes what he's smelling- her. 

Um, She mumbles a bit awkwardly, gazing at him uncomfortably like a parent trying to decide how to give the talk to their prepubescent teen. I am different. It my, um, heat... She explains, accentuating the word heat with another wave of her tail, purposeful this time as if to further spread the scent; completely unaware of how inappropriate that was.
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
The awkwardness was unbearable for him. It's not supposed to be like this. Everything was the same; same Orochi, same Huā, same beach, same sea. Nothing weird had happened or is happening between them, so why was she acting like that was the case? He was confused, worried even. Did he say or do something stupid that he forgot about? Orochi went through all their interactions in his head and came up with nothing. So why was she acting like that?

Heat she says. Heat? Like warmth? That answer wasn't helpful at all. Is that.. supposed to be bad?
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
I... don't know, She admits. Other people told me I should not travel when it happen. Apparently, I more likely get... pregnant... She says with a perplexed shrug. The whole concept of fertility was still strange to her, and clearly Orochi didn't get it either. For a moment, she wondered if the boy even knew where children came from- or how women got pregnant- but he wasn't her kid, and she wasn't going to explain if he didn't ask. 

Sorry, am I um, making you uncomfortable, or...?
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
How did being warm lead to pregnancy? What was pregnancy? These questions were at the top of his tongue, but he refrained from asking. Last time he asked questions he was laughed at and probably scared for life. He didn't want another Abandon incident. The thought made him shiver.

What? No! Ok maybe a little. Her discomfort made him uncomfortable, but of course he wouldn't admit that. He just straightened up and pretended everything was fine. Why should I be? It's not a big deal.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
can we get this to 10 + fade? c:

What? No!
Brow furrowed unassuredly- he didn't seem relaxed. Of course Huā didn't bother to consider that her discomfort was making him uncomfortable. Because she totally wasn't exaggerating this whole thing... right? He asks why he should be, and she shrugs lazily, equally stumped. 

I don't know. I don't think it big deal, but Ying, and foreign leader Hydra make it seem like big deal. She frowns, ears twitching, before settling into a seat. Hoping to change the topic from the quiet awkwardness that hung over them, she inquired How you feeling lately?