Neverwinter Forest That leads us to a better land
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Takes place some time between the Ibis thread and Aibreann thread. Probably a short thread? BUT WHO KNOWS, IT'S NWF.

Well, he got back a while ago, but hadn't called for @Vallkyrie immediately. He dawdled, trying to think of how to best phrase what he needed to say. Belharra had ragequit like a salty Dota player who didn't get to play mid, and that had pretty much been the end of it.

Eventually he made it to the heart of the territory, and figuring he couldn't waste too much more time, called for Kyr. He tried to keep things as neutral-sounding as possible. To him, it wasn't good or bad news. As much as he and Belharra had seemed to always be on the wrong foot, he at least was trying to appreciate the fact that she was Vallkyrie's friend, which sort of evened things out... But he also wasn't going to let one wolf try to blow up whatever tenuous acceptance there was with Moonspear. Just nope.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
I'll attempt with short. I've been slacking anyhow.

She already knew. 

Vallkyrie had been quite heartbroken when @Belharra had told her she planned on leaving the ranks and yet it had not at all been a shock. She was a gypsy woman, of course, a pirating seafarer woman. Kyr had only the hope it would not be too long before he friend came around again. Ying she visited, which had been quite nice though she felt between her and Q, she didnt see them anywhere near as much as she'd like. Typical, being in totally different packs and in different regions and all. Had it not been for Valencia as well finding her, Kyr would have felt quite lonely without the smart-mouthed woman. 

Time went on and it seemed more and more less likely her scouting mission for those whom had harmed the pack was needed. Maybe, finally, those little assholes had moved on. Good riddance. She wasnt on as a tense and high guard anymore but that did not mean that when Mal called her she was not prompt. She came to him, sniffing out a fee unfamiliar scents of wolves, assuming perhaps he had been scowling off elsewhere whilst she had remained inland for the time being. Hey Mal... She sighs out into the crisp air.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
She showed up fairly quickly. Mal of course had no idea what had transpired. But he did kind of wonder if she had some sort of bizarre telepathic connection or something with her -- but Belharra had gone the opposite direction so it seemed unlikely. So was something else afoot? Blinkblink. Well. He'd break his bad news first, but the tilt of his head 

He gave her a smile, but it wasn't quite as broad as other times, Hey! Still, he chose his words carefully. I have some bad news for you, he said, I'm sorry, but Belharra just left. Ran into Hydra, then she joined the party and didn't want to take 'don't try to pick a fight' as an answer. Her own choice. His ears tipped back slightly then. If whatever seemed to maybe be bugging her wasn't that, then he was expecting her to be pretty shocked. At least this time the disagreement between them hadn't been his fault at all -- he'd been perfectly reasonable.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
Mal tried to sound cheerful, offering a smile along with his greeting, yet the mention of bad news came quickly to which Vallkyrie folded her silken black ears down to. He went onto tell of ol Belly Bog having gone after a run in with he and Hydra. Kyr wouldnt have ever thought Hydra and Belharra would get along. The pair was just made of two totally different stuff - one seemingly almost always serious and proper and the other joking and very not proper. Both being the type to speak their mind it only would mean a bad situation. Uhh ...Yeah I know. She started, shifting her paws over the earth. Or well, she mentioned a bit ago she might be leaving soon. Headed East. She has always been the gypsy type you know, was getting restless, missed the travel. It makes sense but it still sucks. She spoke and shrugged her thin shoulders with a sigh as she settled to the forest floor. Despite the fact that she did leave, at least she had let someone know and she had been here a hell of a lot longer then most who were in and out in a week or two.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
So she knew it was coming, which kind of explained the mood, he supposed. His ears tipped back a moment again. Certainly wasn't what I was expecting. She'd kept a pretty low profile. I'd expected her to cause trouble, not just suddenly explode and bail. But at least she'd thrown her tantrum after Hydra left pretty much. And he'd be able to say that Belharra wasn't in the pack if Hydra did complain about it later.

A moment of silence, Anything I can do to brighten the mood? Look, the whole awkward sad thing wasn't ideal. He was bad at it. He'd rather have people smiling, and right now he wasn't sure how to improve it. Thus, asking. He didn't quite have Caerus' magic.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
Vallkyrie couldnt help the bit of chuckle, shaking her head. She didnt cause trouble cause she really did like this place, y'know. That and she didnt wanna cause trouble for me. Although Kyr couldbt control @Belharra by a long shot, the huntress could only assume Belly didnt do anything worth being angry about in the ranks because for a time, at least, she was happy here in the forest with her friend. She did like this forest, but she had grown restless and need for change. Did a whole lot better then some of these members who just 'visit' anyhow. She spoke matter of factly and with a bit of a snort. Hate her all you will, Belharra at least scouted and hunted. She didnt join the ranks with a lie of wanting a home only to eat up from the caches, piss on their lawn and leave in a weeks time without any work put in to be told. 

Lest you can drag her back and force her to stay, I think I'll make due. She spoke with a bit of a chuckle. Belharra leaving did scour her spirits, being a wolf she had known since coming to the Teekon Wilds but she figured it was bound to happen sooner or later and what's better, she didnt up and disappear on her. Which was more then many could say for their so called 'friends'. 

I'll be taking the day off, Boss. She said then, deciding he could help by pulling the lion's share of the work today. Besides, it wasn't like Valencia wasnt capable now that she was here to help with the work load of scouting and guarding. Smirking to this, Kyr awaited his respond before turning tail and heading off. Maybe a nap would do her some good.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
He sighed. Well, I could certainly tell I wasn't exactly her most favorite of wolves. I doubt I could say anything that'd make her happy, even before all that -- hell if I know why. She'd just always been rude to him -- it had been her fault to start, then she just continued with it. He wouldn't miss her, even if others might. She stayed here longer, but I saw her just as frequently as the ones who didn't stick around. As I said, don't think she liked me -- you had a different perspective. Hopefully she'll be happier wherever she lands. And out of his hair, but that was a bonus.

Okay. Take your time. But know I'm here if I can help with anything. It's my job, after all. The world might not be perfect but I'll do what I can. He bowed his head. She started to head off then -- Mal lingered a little longer just in case she had any last-minute things to say. If not, he'd continue on his own way.