Jade Fern Grove a saint bernard sits at the top of the driveway
PP is fine!!

Shortly after their first meeting, West sought out his mom to ask for her permission and much to his excitement she seemed to have no issues letting him go. Her only request was that he returns and as far as he was concerned, that was a guarantee. It had been a week since then but the duo finally left the safety of pack borders into the vast unknown. The glimpses of spring seemed to be blotted out by the cold and recent snowfall, yet the sunny boy seemed to burn past it taking each stride with a new sense of adventure. Polaris seemed to glance back every now and then, but most of the time the woodland boy would miss her gaze, eyes glued to their surroundings as he took in everything.

He hadn't noticed her slow at first, the line of trees quickly approaching when she paused and broke the silence that had fallen between them since their departure. West glanced behind them, the borders of Easthollow already gone from view, If you're tired we can rest, but I don't mind going further. He never had to pace himself before, but he was content pushing forward. Realistically a break was smart. He had no idea how much ground they still had to cover before they reached their destination, nor how long it would take. The woodland boy turned his attention to the dark forest, his eyes casting up as the sunlight began to diminish through the canopy. West had seen fog before, but compared to the sparse trees and open land this was already so different from Easthollow.

Polaris explained her plan starting with the nearest pack. It seemed smart enough to him, after all he had no idea where to start or who they were even looking for. Half way, really? Then we could get there today, right? His tail wagged excitedly at the thought. He had never been to another pack before. It's fine, why the stress though? They're alive somewhere, we just gotta track em down! West liked to think he wasn't half bad at tracking, but this was a lot different than finding a rabbit for a snack. He offered a grin in hopes of easing her worry and as a response to the dove's last question. It's neat. Not too different from the hollow so far, but I'm excited to see what else is out here! My grandpa Kove has told me a lot about different sceneries and mountains in the north. My sister Ira also lives somewhere past the mountains to the west by a river? Maybe it was plains now, but she says it's really different there!
#008000 , PawprintWest's Playlist 10/10* 2/10, * = incomplete threads
Messages In This Thread
RE: a saint bernard sits at the top of the driveway - by West Tyree - April 18, 2020, 03:39 PM