Neverwinter Forest But this is the song I wrote you in the dark
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Mal waited, then listened attentively. He hadn't pried into Simmik's background. Maybe he should have, but he made the choice with the pack to not pry unless someone wanted to tell him. See, it just made it more important that he showed he cared and he made sure that Simmik was ok. Mal himself didn't matter. So he listened.

It was a sad story, and it certainly explained why she'd been totally ok with leaving home. He could kind of understand, but not to the proper depths -- he treated his own father as dead, but he wasn't actually at the time. It's okay. I promised you could have a fresh start here, no questions asked. He spoke quietly, I can only relate a little -- it's new for me. I got told my dad got killed after I left -- everyone else was gone already. Now, just -- I thought I had a family here again besides Caerus. He said I had a bunch of family through our mom. Didn't say much. But now I won't know and he's -- Sharp breath and he looked away. Mal didn't know how many he'd actually lost just by that connection going away. Just this brief flicker of hope that already went out.

Then he got up and moved closer, reaching out to lick the crown of her head (partially because it would keep her from seeing his expression), But yeah, it does. A hint of wavering to his voice, but he did his damnedest to keep out of eye contact. I want to help somehow -- let me know what I can do. With anything.
Messages In This Thread
RE: But this is the song I wrote you in the dark - by Mal - April 26, 2020, 12:55 AM