Greatwater Lake It's bloody and raw, but I swear it is sweet
taking a ride on a cosmic train
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
All Welcome 
2C°, currently it is lightly snowing and set during the afternoon. Located in Kintla Flatlands, greatwater lake | ooc notes: any RE members who want to follow her are welcome too!

This would be the first time she left the mountains or the immediate vicinity of the vale, of the empire and their sister's lands without a guard. Telling no one where she was going, the Empress slipped off, swiftly and away for a moment for herself. Too long had she put on a mask around the others, hiding that growing darkness that festered in her heart for weeks now. It was like an infection she could not cure. It spread like poison in her veins and the vale felt suffocating for the first time since their arrival. Ibis still had not returned from wherever she had gone off too, leaving the care of everyone and their slowly growing numbers in her paws.

As she neared the large body of water, here is where she would take rest. To try and forget that dark cloud that hung over her head and would let her return to the pack a fresh new outlook. Looking out into the great vastness of the massive lake, she stood and gazed with every intention to empty her mind. Despite the calm out shell, it took everything for her not to break down and sob like a child at the edge of this lake.
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

139 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Set immediately after this thread. Keeping details vague.
Chai saw little reason to leave the relative peace of the lake just yet. Although a light snow had begun to fall, likely one of the last attempts of winters comeback, there was still a reasonable amount of daylight left. Enough that given she use her time wisely, the wayward female could find a cozy place to rest for the evening, before her journey home. It had felt good to get away for a while. It would be nice to return too, especially with so many pups toddling around. But then, that left the adults...the parents, so busy with their families.

Sighing, Chai decided she needed to give it more time. More time to form connections and bonds within the pack, though her efforts had only gotten her so far as of late. As she moved down the bank of the massive lake, away from the point where she had first encountered @Haoniyao, she was pleasantly surprised to see another figure. Unlike his dark figure, this one was easy to spot with their pure, snow white pelt. Brows pinching together, she wracked her brain. Annigan, the white male from Rusalka? No, no. He was much too big for a dainty little thing like this, who at first glance, was decidedly female. Then as she slipped closer, the details of the other sharpening, a spark lit up in the recesses of her memory. Reiko! Oh how long it had been. Tail beginning to beat a mile a minute, Chai released a soft chuff before starting to race forward.

649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Within this moment it felt like her soul was being torn apart, shredded and thrown into the wind, carried by the breeze and into the water's depth, never to be reached again. Dragged down by angry spindly greedy fingers of whatever creature called its depths home. Only the swirling bodies of little fish kept her grounded, hypnotizing and soothing as they carved their way easily through the element. 

A chuff stole her attention away from the minnows beneath the surface, head darting quickly in its direction as she feared the worst - but quickly those worries faded. It was long ago since she had seen this face, but it was one she would not soon forget! Another Kaistleoki comrade, one who she hasn't seen in a long time. Chai! Pushing back the turmoil to bring back the mask, she smiled as the two approached one another. Tail swishing as well in a gleeful greeting.

How have you been? It's been such a long time! Are you well?
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

139 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Chai had never really been the type to just come rushing forward so openly. But Reiko, she was an exception. Though their time spent with one another back in the days of Kaistleoki had been limited, she knew this woman. The two meshed, got along like life long friends. The stormy turmoil the brewed within her ex-pack mate was lost to her. For the time being. The russet girl was too caught up in drawing herself near, bumping her shoulder against the others gently. "Reiko! It's...it's been so long..."

Pulling back, tail still cutting slices through the air, she nodded, catching her breath. "Y-yeah, I am." She wet her lips and swallowed thickly. Best to start over. She had been through a lot since they had last met. Reiko might recognize the slightly faded scent of Whitebark Stream laced in her fur.  Curiously, she noticed no trace of Kaistleoki, but an entirely new smell altogether. "Well...a lot has happened since I last saw you. I...left Kaisteloki."

649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
There was no hesitation to accept the shoulder bump and run her muzzle along Chai's cheek and neck in a warm welcome to an old friend. Though her mother would have told her that royalty should not be as physical as Reiko has been lately, this was her title now and not one she adopted from her ancestors. Friends and packmates were family and lovers and would be treated with as much warmth as she could muster - even in dark times such as today.

You too? So much has happened in recent months, not even a year gone and the list the Empress could draw would go on until nightfall should she explain everything to Chai. I hope all of it is good? Of course, as they brushed up against each other, Reiko did pick up the mild scent of Whitebark upon Chai's pelt. She was so close this whole time, living with a new friend Artyom! But it was faint, fading... what could have happened?
Healing (2/6)

139 Posts
Ooc — Mai
At the touch of her friend, Chai felt all remaining traces of tension slip away. Even though it had been so long, it felt now as if they had never been apart. Her time spent with Reiko may have been limited - more so than she may have liked, but Chai still felt a connection. The sort that came naturally, as if they had been friends a lifetime and not just a couple of sparse months. "I did." She affirmed. "But it was nothing against them. I had...some personal issues to sort through." She phrased her words carefully, skirting around the edges so as not to give away any hint that she had been dealt a cruel blow by depression. She needn't worry Reiko sick like that. "By the time I came back, the pack was no longer settled at Whitefish River." 

And speaking of rivers... Her pale eyes landed on the crystalline surface of the lake. Water again. A seemingly ever-present element in her life. First Kaistleoki...then Whitebark Stream. Now here, with Reiko. She nodded gingerly. "Mostly. I am with a new pack now, Whitebark Stream. The leaders Dawn and Artyom are busy, but kind." She appeared content enough, but not over the moon. There were other aspiring hunters in the pack, yet Chai still pursued what she hoped would be her true talent. "I'm just out stretching my legs for a few days. I feel like I've needed this." A subtle sniff and Chai noticed something different in Reiko's scent. Something she recognized before, in other females. She waved it aside. Maybe she was imagining things, with her own hormones ricocheting all over the place. "Your turn! Tell me, fill me in." She coaxed, eager to soak up all the news Reiko had to share.

649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Slowly she nodded as Chai told her story. It sounded familiar enough and at least they were both doing well after all. Life was cruel and so they had to celebrate every little victory, even if it meant they simply found home and food to fill their bellies at the very least. At the mention of Artyom, she beamed, tail lashing as she could barely contain herself. I thought I recognized the smell! He's a kind man. But whitebark stream also had a couple she was not too happy to remember either... Even if their leaving did bring the Empire to come to fruition, it was a heartache that could have been dealt with better than it was.

Her turn now huh? How much should she tell Chai? So much has happened that she could possibly talk about the gentle woman's ear right off. I... She paused for a moment, uncertain how to start it all. I got separated from Kaistleoki and lost, I only found my way back recently with a new group of friends. Leaving out the attack, Moonspear, and all the more gritty details for now. The pack I was in when I met these friends disbanded so we made a new home, a sister pack to Kaistleoki since we were too numerous to all join together.
Healing (2/6)

139 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Despite the gently falling snow and the chilly conditions, Chai found that she was in no rush to go seek shelter. Instead she proceeded to lay down on the bank of the lake, inviting Reiko to do the same if she liked. She listened quietly, nodding while Reiko shared with her the events that had unfolded since they had last seen each other. So, Chai was not the only one to inadvertently veer away from Kaistleoki.

Also, fortune seemed to have been kind to her in that she found a new group of friends, and in turn, a new pack. "Seems similar to what I've been through. But I am happy for you, that things have worked out as well as they did." Her glacial eyes fell briefly to Reiko's side, but only for a split second. Enough to hint that Chai sensed something was up. "I'm glad your pack is still in good standing with Kaisteloki. Where have you settled?" She inquired.

649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Of course, she laid down next to her friend, letting her paws rest over the ledge of the lake's lip, dipping her toes into the chilly waters like a child would, enjoying the chilling sensation. She settled shoulder to shoulder with Chai, enjoying the warm and cold contrast of the weather and her friend - lately she's been more physical in her affections with those she felt close with. Wanting nothing more than to drink up as much of their presence as possible before they were gone like so many others before them. 

A beautiful vale between the mountains. Tobias is there too! She remembered both were in the pack at the same time just as Reiko was, though Tobias was often on his own instead of making many friends, the man was friendly enough she thought that maybe Chai would remember him too. You know... if you ever want to visit, you're more than welcome to come by. Everyone is friendly. And she trusted Chai with this invitation without fear of her bringing any trouble along with her.
Healing (2/6)

139 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Chai let her nose skim above the glassy surface of the water, but she refrained from taking a sip. She wasn't all that thirsty and with how vast this lakeside territory was, she could quench her thirst once she was on the move again. Feeling perfectly at ease, she indulged in her closeness with Reiko by resting her chin comfortably on a pale shoulder. "Sounds nice..." She hummed pleasantly. "I've never gotten a taste for the more elevated terrain yet."

And then she mentioned Tobais. A former pack mate from Kaistleoki. Her russet ears pricked up in recognition at the name. "Oh he is, is he! Wonderful, I'm glad he is with you." Her tail tapped the pebbled ground happily. Her pale eyes drifted to her paws. "Though, I'm afraid I didn't get to know him as well as you." That was her problem. Chai always found it difficult to form connections. Not because she didn't want to - it was more so her nervous nature that got in the way. Reiko's invitation was received with warmth in her eyes and a smile. "That's so generous. Thank you. I will definitely make time to stop by and pay a visit."

649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
You'd be surprised at how quickly you get used to it. She certainly was. The vale was huge and the mountains made you feel protected by the outside world - as if nothing could touch them, no evil that wandered the outside world that seemed far too common for her taste. It barely feels like we live in the mountains. While chai rested her head on the Empress' shoulders, Reiko softly bumped her head against Chai's to return the comforting feeling.

The feathery plume of white bounced against the ground as Chai confirmed that not only did she remember Tobias, but also remembered he was a kind man. I only began to get to know him recently. She admitted, only after they found each other right before heading back to Kaistleoki as a group did she and Tobias really start talking.

I hope you do! She playfully rose her voice, with a faux stern look crossing her gentle face. Pursed lips and pale brows furrowing in an almost comedic way. No one I have invited to come visit has done so yet. I'm starting to believe they all hate me. Well, at least no one other than Collision, but he came to see if he wanted to join, as a guest, and eventually did stay (to her surprise) - so he didn't quite count as a friend visiting just for the fun of it.
Healing (2/6)

139 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Initially, Chai had certain plans in mind once she got back to Whitebark Stream. But now, with Reiko's generous offer to visit her kingdom, she was left debating how to manage her options. Her curiosity was peaked, certainly. She couldn't get her mind off of what it'd be like to see this mountain sanctuary her long-time friend spoke of. She wondered if @Tobais would remember her. She wouldn't be surprised if he did not.

Soft brows shooting up in mock offense in exchange for Reiko's feigned look of seriousness, Chai added to the display by lifting her chin away. Setting her expression into one of severe determination, that was hardly befitting to her nature, she set Reiko with a firm stare. "Then, I will see to it myself that I am the first! Maybe...send out a little reminder to those who have failed to respond to your invitation." Breaking down in a soft fit of giggles, she dropped the act, returning to her usual mild-mannered self. But a knowing glint held fast in her eye. "I suspect when I drop by, it won't just be you I'll be seeing." Her smile grew into a cheeky little grin. "So, who's the lucky man, Rei?"

649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
It was nice to see Chai was taking this all lightly as well, both of them chuckling and poking fun at the fact that no one really visited packs after given the option to come and be friends whenever; do things that friends do. Yes! She straightened out further, continuing their little joke with a cheeky grin. and a fine example you will be!

Chai made it sound for certain that she would be dropping by, Reiko tried not to let her hopes grow, but there was little she could do. She really hoped that her friend would drop by for a quick hello at the very least once in a while whenever traveling near enough. A place to rest maybe? The Empress would express her desires for such a thing later on without being a little too overbearing with her invitation. 

Oh! Ah — At Chai's question, Reiko's face grew hot. There was only one possible answer without things starting off on the idea that she was in any way unchaste. Some pack mates of mine of my birth pack found their way to me, among them was a man I was promised to by my parents from birth. Takeshi, he is my husband now.
Healing (2/6)

139 Posts
Ooc — Mai
With just a hint of smugness in her eyes, Chai awaited the yet unknown words that would flow off Reiko's tongue. Pack mates from her birth pack had joined up with her. And now Reiko had a mate to call her own. Inwardly, her shoulders sagged. She would have loved to find a sweet man for herself this season, but it hadn't been meant to be. Her cheeks grew warm. Was it her timidness? Was she not pretty enough?

Mentally slapping herself out of such silly thoughts, she turned back to Reiko. Though her expression still held that smile, her voice held a genuine concern for the white female's well-being. Reiko was such a sweet and wonderful young woman. All that anyone could ask for in a friend, and more! "What is he like? He had better be good for you."

649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Unaware of Chai's self-esteem dropping, Reiko offered a curious glance to the woman's slightly different posture but couldn't quite put her toe on what might have happened other than their little game had dropped. 

He's great~ She lied, as naturally as she could despite the thudding in her chest growing stronger. If she wasn't trying to keep face around an old friend, not wanting to worry her with personal problems that she had most likely zero interest in, Reiko might have vomited right here and now. 

Some think of him as strange, but he really is sweet to me, I couldn't ask for a better husband. Once again, she tried to convince herself with her own words. @Takeshi scared her more than anything but still believed that in time, they would grow accustomed to each other's boundaries and would learn to eventually be the perfect husband and wife.

Just because they were still getting to know each other, that didn't mean he was terrible, right?
Healing (2/6)

139 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Sadly, Chai was the type who could be blinded by lies easily. She had been misled in Shadewood, and by the male who had brought her there. She had never discovered his true nature; only that one day he had left her side and gone. Now was not the season nor the year, she believed, to hope on finding love. Whitebark Stream had multiple puppies to look after, and her help there was needed. And just as importantly, there was Reiko. She was set on re-cementing her bond with her friend, deeper than ever before.

That meant, making sure there was truth behind her claim. But for the moment, Chai bought it, smiling brightly, pleased. "I'm happy for you. He sounds great, and as long as he makes you happy, that is what matters." Too bad @Takeshi was too good to be true, unknown to her. "I think I would like to meet him when I drop by." She added. Gently, tenderly, she grazed her coal nose against Reiko's flank, where deep within, new life bloomed. Peering up towards her with ever soft, shy eyes, she asked. "He's the father?"

649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
I'm sure he'd be delighted to meet a friend of mine. She reassured softly - but at the back of her mind, would remind herself to keep an eye on them should Takeshi show his colours to Chai too... There was still a lot for them to work out should Reiko trust him again, but hopefully,  his tastelessness was just with her and not with every woman (unfortunately girl, it's not).

Yes he is. We simply couldn't help ourselves after the re-union and my heat happening at the same time. Awkwardly she giggled, feeling her skin growing hot with both memories of that day flooding back, both good and bad, confusing her - but as well with the nervousness of her piling lies in order to keep that man from looking like a monster.
Healing (2/6)

139 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Chai's misguided opinion of @Takeshi, the man Reiko had wed, only improved as the Empress affirmed that he would love to meet her. Smiling, she offered a silent nod, committing to memory his name. Once she returned home, she'd keep an eye on her schedule, depending on how busy she was, and find the time for her promised visit. The timing had to work not just for her, but for Reiko too, who would be a new mother. She was familiar with how mothers were den bound with their brood during the early weeks, and she would not take away from that.

"Then, I extend both you and Takeshi my congratulations. I wish you both and your future children well." Chai couldn't imagine being a mother. She wasn't sure she was cut out for it. She was too bit of a nervous wreck at times. But a babysitter or a caregiver? That she could get into. Already she was wondering what Reiko's brood would look like. If they would be just as sweet as she was. Her answers would all come in due time. Sensing that the day was growing late and with evening not far off, the russet woman reluctantly stood up. "I really should be getting back. I don't want to worry them too much." She said, while leaning in to press her forehead into the lush ruff of Reiko's fur. She had missed her terribly and she truly didn't want to part so soon. Pulling away with a gentle lick to her cheek, she bid her farewell. "I'll visit soon." With a wink, she added. "Promise." With one last lingering, fond look, Chai turned to begin her journey home, her heart full.