Lone Star Mountain you make my heart spin sorrow into silk
The stirring bouts of anger and jealousy was quickly snuffed by the dove's response. She had always been quirky and teasing with him, something he had come to love about their interactions, but there was more behind Polaris' words. She thanked him and there was no hiding the meaning held behind the words. Perhaps there was more hurt he was unaware of, a fight he would never know or understand thanks to his genes. I might be~ West couldn't hold back his own tease as a chuckle followed. You're full of surprises. His thoughts wouldn't linger long as the conversation shifted to her dad, though the woodland boy quickly wished it hadn't.

Polaris bristled with a fury West thought was impossible to come from someone like the peaceful dove, but it clear as day now that they truly did not know much about each other or each other's hardships. She snapped silencing him immediately as his own ears fell back. West stood by his opinion, but he knew it wasn't his place to speak. The woodland boy's brows furrowed as she continued, a pout resting on his lips. He hadn't meant to upset her, but before he could speak up again she apologized. It caught him by surprise, she had every right to be upset. By the time her mismatched gaze reconnected his ears had perked again, features now a mix of confusion and guilt. I-It's ok— I didn't mean to upset you. She offered a meek smile to which he gave a short wag of his tail. I can't really relate, but I've seen my dad do surprising things too. Maybe his reasoning isn't what you think...? The boy's mind wandered to the exile that occurred last winter. It had taken everyone by surprise, and based on the other's reactions it wasn't normal. West knew it was with good reason though, or at least that's what Greyback had said, even if he had gone too far. Had her father made a mistake too?

Polaris spoke again, this time offering a name he had only heard in passing. Nightwalkers. So it was a place, a pack? His gaze followed as the dove motioned over the mountains to some unseen land beyond his reaches. He couldn't really fathom a pack as horrible as she explained, but they had to exist. Clay seemed to have no interest in sharing what happened, for various reasons, but if it was truly as bad as the dove made it out to be he couldn't really blame his brother for not wanting to share. West had heard of bad wolves with bad intentions. His own sister was attacked by one.

The girl looked back to him with a gaze as fierce as the sun itself. There was no denying it, in the moment, she was breathtaking and her words brought a force that caused his heart to stop. Heat flushed the boy's cheeks as he searched for something to say, anything to keep him from standing like a statue. I...I'm sure you'll reach your goal. The words felt plain on his lips, but there was no denying it. He was sure, one day everyone would know of the dove and her fire.
#008000 , PawprintWest's Playlist 10/10* 2/10, * = incomplete threads
Messages In This Thread
RE: you make my heart spin sorrow into silk - by West Tyree - June 12, 2020, 07:49 PM