Wheeling Gull Isle Everybody get on board
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
All Welcome 
He still didn't trust the coast. But given his experiences, could you blame him? Still, despite the fact he much would have preferred a Yuelong wolf to come to him, the last time, they didn't have any answers. He had questions -- what about the scouting trip, how was Hua, any sign of the crazy people -- and they should have at least some of the answers. He hoped.

Crossing low water if he had to, Mal had arrived at the border, sniffing around for a clue or two first about who might be around, he gave it some thought. It seemed like Ying was gone? Did she go off scouting and decide she didn't need backup from Neverwinter? It confused him. At least he could ask, shortly. He'd also missed out on Atausiq's presence entirely, that scent was gone enough that he didn't know he'd come here in the first place. Aiolos was still around, smelled like, but he didn't know any of the other wolves.

Look, really he didn't want to talk to the other wolves anyway. Hua had made an impression on him, and since he didn't have a damn clue of what had gone down in the island pack since, he'd shown up as if nothing had. Before he'd gotten too close, he'd stopped to preen his coat a bit so he could look good for her, though he wasn't sure if the mist now clinging to the end of his fur really did anything to help that. He tried, at least. The fact Hua had brought gifts on her visit hadn't been forgotten, so he aimed to do the same, and had fortunately gotten lucky along the way. The rabbit was young but plump, so he hoped it'd go over well. Not bad for winging it, at least. He placed it at his feet then raised his head and called for Hua, shifting in his spot impatiently a few times, excited to see her, but finally able to convince himself to look cool and wait.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
The call that split the air that morning was definitely unexpected. Despite having a mini-Mal looking child in her den right now, he hadn't crossed her mind much lately, truthfully. She'd been busy with one thing and the next- Ying's disapearance, giving birth, Atausiq's disappearance, raising her kids. There was little time for her to consider the young man who had fathered the kids she now had suckling at her stomach. Huā wasn't sure how to feel hearing him again now. Her heart thrummed wildly within her chest. 

She summoned @Daiyu when the younger girl passed by, trusting her warm heart and gentle nature to keep an eye over the children when the siamese could not. As she traveled toward the border, she could not stop the swimming of thoughts in her head. Did he know of her children? Would he care? She thought she knew him as a friend... but there were many things about him she did not know, and perhaps to him a one-night-stand resulting in pregnancy was just that, and nothing more. 

At one point she paused for a quick detour into the Quiet's entrance, checking her appearance in the stream beside her. She turned sideways. She was not as large as she was before the birth... but obvious weight still remained. She felt ugly. Huā leaned down to lap at the fur on her chest, smoothing it down neatly as she could. As if that would bring back the beauty she had held two months ago... oh, how she missed it. Surely this weight would fade in time, but for now it communicated to all who saw: this girl is no longer a girl, but a mother. The empress turned away from her appearance- for she must've had Mal waiting for many minutes now. 

By the time she saw him yards ahead, her nervousness had spiked to its peak. What to feel? What to say? What did he even want with her? Sure, they were allies, but at this time all she could think of was how awkward it would be. As she came to a halt a few feet away, she eyed the rabbit at his feet- not making a move towards it, as not to be too eager or presumptuous. Then her seaglass gaze rested on him again- he looked good. She shook the thought out of her brain, greeting him quietly with a humble Greetings, Mal. What bring you to Yuèlóng?
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
It took her a while to appear, but once he spotted her heading his way, his tail waved behind him. He was nervous too, but for likely slightly different reasons, and maybe in the end not as much as her. Something seemed a little different to her, but he couldn't pin down what until she was much closer.

As she got closer, the scents and changes to her were familiar to him. So then... She did have kids? His expression muddled for a moment -- he did like pups, turns out, but why didn't she tell him? Or was it all a fake somehow and they were someone else's? But he swallowed the feeling and smiled broadly. She'd explain, right? She totally would, he convinced himself. It made him more nervous though, instead of less. Instead of blurting something out, he kept to his script. Hua! Well, it's been a while since I saw you. Thought it was time I stopped by and see how things were going. A flashy grin, then he reached down then and nudged the rabbit forward. And I brought this for you. And let's be honest, it really was for her not her pack, at least from Mal's POV. His tail lashed a bit more vigorously then a couple of times before returning to its usual tempo. Inwardly he was 'plz spill beans plzplzplz' but was doing his best to not act like a fool.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
He seemed happy to see her, which eased some of her tension. Her tail wagged equally in response as she offered a slight smile when he greeted her. But... why didn't he mention the obvious? She definitely didn't want to mention it herself- too awkward, cringe- but it was clearly the elephant in the room. For now, though, she was fine with addressing his first words. 

Right, yes, it been a while, She sighed. How was Yuèlóng doing? Good in some aspects and bad in others. She wasn't eager to share the bad news. Ying has accident while travel, lose her memory. We bring her home but she dissapear from us, Huā shared gloomily, gaze falling away from Neverwinter's alpha. But, She began lighter, gaze moving back to Mal, We have many new member join, and Yuèlóng thrive, despite the problem. It was hard to keep her head up high after losing her sister so recently, but she kept telling herself she was the empress- that she had a duty to keep Yuèlóng alive even if she had her own problems. She pulled the rabbit closer with an appreciative Thank you so much, Mal, followed by a returning How is Neverwinter?
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
But why wasn't she mentioning it? Maybe it was on the end. Probably would be. Because he wasn't sure how to say it either. It was probably going to end up jumping out of his mouth at some point at least. But really, so far it seemed like things were far more formal than he was expecting. Maybe she just thought he was here for business only, not because he also liked her? Well, they could work that out at least.

But Ying was gone? His expression fell a bit -- Yuelong was all of Hua's family, right? So that had to be hard on all of them. His ears tipped back a bit Oh. I'm sorry. I know what it's like to have a sister disappear. It's not anything I'd wish on anyone. It was something he'd experienced twice. So now a lot less excited, and trying to both get answers to his questions and kind to Hua. But I guess that explains why we hadn't heard from her on some uh... Junshi stuff. I think we were both going to send a person to go scout for the crazy attackers, but no word from her. So uh... Is that over since she's gone? I mean, I can check with Moonspear too if you want? Hua hadn't seemed very into it in the first place.

But about his pack. What could he say? What might be interesting? We've been doing pretty well -- a few new faces around. Less like misfits, more like a family, you know? And I really do appreciate Aiolos staying with us a while and training Simmik -- I've made her beta since then. I think she'll do a good job at it. Was there anything else she'd care about? Probably not. Uh. He didn't think at least, in the weird way his mind worked. She wouldn't care about the fact he'd maybe fixed things with Cupid and Miriam still didn't talk to him, and because of that assumed she didn't care about the children involved either. That's the most of it at least. A light smile at that.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Mal shared that he had gone through the same, and understood her feelings. Though that didn't solve anything... she did find some comfort in the fact that she was not alone. Astaroth understood her... and now Mal. They had all lost someone beloved. She dipped her head as a silent sort of thanks before meeting his gaze again. When spoke of the scouting part, though, Huā's ears perked up. Actually, this is recent. Before this we still have time to send someone, we send old general, Orochi. I not see him in while, but perhaps he still traveling. She contemplated- realizing that was another on the list of I haven't thought about you in a hot minute. 

For Junshi, I think I can not lead this, but maybe I will ask my new general to continue it. I not check with her yet. She sighed. Always more things to be taken care of. But Junshi was valuable, this she knew, especially considering what Hydra had taught her about the importance of a defense system. As Mal continued she listened intently, feeling slightly jealous of the way he described it as a family... but she had new family now. Even if Atausuq and Ying had torn a hole in her heart, she knew her children would fill it. 

As for Aiolos... I thankful he do well... I trust him with anything. He is fantastic shǐzhě. And I happy to hear you have good beta too, and packmate you happy with. She praised, tail wagging. She had not met Simmik, but would not mind being acquainted with Neverwinter's beta sometime in the future, she thought.

If Huā had known how literally Mal 's use of the word family really was, considering all the children he'd have running around soon, she would've had many questions. For now though, she felt business was over, and yet he lingered. What more was he wanting? Would he not ask about her figure at all? Was he that polite, just foolish, or uninterested? All these concerns swam in her mind. 

I miss-ed you, She admitted quietly then, shifting the topic, smile falling. I have something important to tell you, but I not know how. Do you know it? She inquired, gazing up at him with careful blue eyes.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
So Junshi was TBD. He couldn't blame her if she decided that it was too much work for now. The alliances could be more of a normal thing rather than involving an army or what-have you. Well, let me know what you end up planning. I've got a couple of wolves that can still help check things out.

There was that pause. But both of them stayed there awkwardly unable to say things. The elephant in the room was practically flying loops around them. When she spoke again it was like the weird official haze had lifted a little. His smile came back again at her first words, I'm sorry I didn't show up here a little earlier. I should have, it was his not-quite-as-specific agreement. But while her expression became more subdued, his remained near the same, at least on the surface. There was the nervous energy building a bit more, flickering under the surface. Yeah. There it was.

Um.. Yeah..! I think so. I thought that -- I didn't know how to bring it up, uh-- But that had pretty much popped the top off that, and he kept rambling without a breath, tail wagging again behind him, You should have had Aiolos tell me, I'd have been back here earlier! I thought it had turned out to be nothing and -- It was sort of jumbled blurted thoughts that weren't entirely complete but the missing words weren't too hard to fill in, Unless they're not-- Uhhh. Where was he going? How did he politely say things? That was his old thought rearing its ugly head, that it was a false alarm and she'd had pups with someone else a little bit later (it wasn't like he knew the details of how many heats a wolf could have or anything). His excitement had pulled back a bit as he paused there. Uh. A very sheepish smile then, Sorry, uh, yeah. He probably said too much.

But hey, this was Mal. He didn't know about Atausiq. From his point of view, he thought Hua had already sort of agreed that the little spin on the truth was the best idea, that there was nothing that might stop her from saying anything to him.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
He apologized for the delay, and said he might've come sooner had she told Aiolos to tell him. No, no it okay. I am sure you busy with other thing. You not even know... do not worry.  She comforted warmly and earnestly. At the words unless they're not, she quirked a brow. Unless they're not what? So what if one of them resembled Dacio? She doubted she would see the man for a long time, (little did she know how truly long a time it would be,) and she didn't want Nüwu treated differently just because she lacked Mal's spots and had Dacio's dark muzzle. Of course, Huā had also wrongfully assumed Xiaoqing was Mal's, due to his spots. Guess these were the consequences of sleeping with two men with spotty genetics. Oh well. 

At the sorry, she shook her head, looking slightly annoyed. If you have question, ask it. But is it worth asking? If I am offering you the thing I am offering you? She questioned, gaze slightly hardened. She was open to letting him have a relationship with the children... but if he was to judge them each by their parenthood... well, she didn't like the idea of that. Being subtly questioned about who else she'd boinked during her heat would rub her the wrong way too, only reminding her of last summer when her value was dependent on her purity in the eyes of men.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Except her expression shifted a way he wasn't expecting. One second, rewind. He'd just been apologizing for his babbling outburst, it should have been nothing. Except.. What did he end with? Oh. He shook his head, vehemently once he realized it, Oh! No! Sorry, for real. Hell, he hadn't meant to insult her like that (or at least she definitely seemed to take it as one), Look, I'm not big on abandoning kids and certainly wouldn't do that to my own. I mean... How do I help from so far away with my own pack? Logistics. He hadn't thought of that at their last meeting -- everything had been just kind of a guess then anyway.

His ears folded back again, looping back to before, serious about all of it (not that he'd been joking in what he said above), I am sorry, though. My brain was thinking up stuff that doesn't make sense -- like stuff that would end up with either you laughing at me for saying that or I'd get chewed to ribbons for it. You can call me an idiot though, would probably be accurate. He seemed to be very good at being kinda dumb. Especially when it came to those he managed to get pregnant -- would he piss off Aibreann too?
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
To his second sorry, she said nothing, tail flicking impatiently as he babbled. How to help so far away with his own pack? If you want be involv-ed, that your trouble to fix, not mine. I not let them leave island until they can swim safe. Until then it your job to come here, if you want see them. She explained. Did she want Mal here all the time? Of course. But it wasn't realistic, and he had his own people to take care of. Though selfishly, Huā wished he could abandon them to live at the island with her and the children. Of course, she had no idea that he had his own brood at Neverwinter. 

To the third sorry, she finally sighed, shaking her head. It- it not your fault. I was fool. I should have listen to Hydra. Not that Mal would know what that meant- and she had already met him by then, so it was impossible to take back those actions anyway. And at the same time... if she had never met him in that way, she wouldn't have the little bundles of joy she had now. What a sad life that would be- no Ying, no Atausiq, no children, just Huā. 

I not call you idiot, silly Mal. If you idiot then I am also. She laughed. Truth was, they both were. Do you want to hear about them? She murmured quietly, wanting to shift the topic back to what was really important- at least to her.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
He was trying to think of something to say directly about what he could do, but the issue was one he hadn't expected to have to deal with. And if she didn't have a specific answer either... Well it would take some thought. A couple of rough ideas came to mind but then she spoke again. There was a very obvious question that came with the tilt of his head at her remark about Hydra. What did she have to do with anything? Blink.

But now they seemed to be getting back towards a more familiar, less weird track. His tail started wagging again. Look, he was quite happy to chuck the drama aside and focus on the fun part. His face lit up, much more like the Mal she'd run into before instead of the confused & drowning in drama version from like a minute or four ago, Now that is a silly question. Of course! How old would they be? They probably were as fun to hang out with as Caerus, he imagined.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
At his response, the foolish grin returned to her face and her tail wagged like a reflection of his. This was easier- discussing the lighthearted things, where she wouldn't feel pressured to lie. There was no reason to- he'd be meeting them soon enough she figured. Wellll, She hummed sweetly, There are four. Her voice held almost a pride to it, as if she was shocked that she could bear so many. Three daughters, one son. Boy named Xiaoqing- he brown like me and spotty like you. A moment of eyeing him, gauging his reaction if any. Every man wanted a son, did he not? At least in her culture such had been true. Though she doubted here, in these lands, that there would be any shame in bearing so few. 

The daughters, one who look so much like you. Grey and black and spotty. She is the one with energy, called Haoming. There is one called Nüwu, she brown like me too- with dark legs, dark nose. Last one is very little girl called Luli. She white and red, and very, very spotty. She summarized. Going through each was quite a hassle- but she felt blessed for that hassle. Her tail waved then, as she shifted her paws awkwardly on the ground. You want come see them right now? 
we could tie up this thread and have a backdated one at the den for the puppies to meet mal? if he accepts ofc
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Sounds good to me!

There was no unusual change in his expression -- girls, boys, it didn't really matter to him as long as they were healthy and happy and going to have a good life. He'd had a hard time getting the last two so it was important to him that they had a better chance. With his ears pitched forward attentively, he just seemed happy and excited to meet them. Maybe that was partially because of what he'd had happen so far -- he wanted to be involved in his children's lives, not have the weird as hell things happen that he had so far... This seemed more right and normal, aside from the whole distance thing.

He shifted in his spot, weight moving from paw to paw, trying to keep from acting too overeager. Xiaoqing, Haoming, Nuwu, and Luli? he repeated, having less trouble with the last two than the first, but wanting to make sure he was saying his own children's names right. Mal hoped she'd approve, I'd love to be able to meet them now, yeah! And see them as much as I can on future visits too and -- yeah, all of that. Words. He was not so good with words, but having more kids he was actually welcomed near was a good thing from his perspective.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
woo! I'll tag you :D

He seemed content with what she shared, showing little concern about the differences between each. When he repeated their names, she nodded- noting that most of them had been said fine, though perhaps he could use a little extra practice with Xiaoqing and Haoming. His next words were rather awkward, but, well... she couldn't blame him. He had just found out he was a father to four within a matter of mere minutes; it was certainly shocking, and so she could not expect him to be eloquent. Not that she cared much anyway- he was Mal, even if he acted like a clown, she would still like him. To his disorganized jumble of words, she simply smirked, waving her tail as a signal to follow and leading them inland.