Northstar Vale Can I Stay? Would it be a Sin?
Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
Joining 
Forward dated to a week from now because I don't know how to schedule threads and not be impatient lmao

[size=16.8px]@Cordelia

Finally, they had arrived. As promised, it had not taken long. However as they approached Memory found his breath taken away by the sheer beauty of the place. "Thank you...for trusting me. I promise you'll be safe here. A lot safer than you would be back there." He gives Cordelia a meaningful look and steps into the Valley. It's like stepping out of a nightmare and into something long forgotten. Something beautiful. It looks so much like Hidden Glade that for a moment he blinks, having to check his reality. He was almost home. 
He found the border, well marked and well traveled. He held himself, not necessarily submissively, but not overly confident. Not like his approach to Nightwalkers. And then he Howled. [/size]
57 Posts
Ooc — JB + Ghostwriters
Away
I have permission from Noki for Hime to impersonate Reiko, so she'll smell like Reiko and everything!

Whether Reiko agreed to it or not, Hime would be doing her best to facilitate the transition of power. She was mindful of herself as she moved about the territory, keeping away from scents she didn't recognize, of which there were many. On occasion she came across the scent of pregnancy and tried to piece together which bitch of the kingdom was about to whelp — only her sister should have that right, but she was foolish and soft and utterly stupid, offering the freedom to those of low breeding. It would not stand once Hime was in charge.

Growing tired of being the poon-police, Hime abandoned the trail and headed elsewhere. Out of pure chance she came close to one of the Vale's entrypoints, and looked around for a patrol. Yet another piece of the kingdom that required a do-over, she thought. There was nobody here — except an approaching shape, coming over a ridge towards her. Hime stiffened, looking imperious for a moment while the stranger neared.

They tossed their head back and sang, which made Hime flatten her ears. It took a moment before she noticed the other wolf alongside them — pale, freckled, regretfully pretty. Hime immediately disliked them both.

It was easy to slip in to the guise of her Empress sister, though little changed from moment to moment. Hime knew how an Empress should behave, and she emulated the perfect version of the coveted position; proving, at least for now, how superior she was to the real Reiko. She hurried up the path to confront the strangers, appraising them with a harsh look.

Greetings. You are upon my land. Best give me a good reason, or I will summon my guard.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Big eyes.

She heard the howl too, and it took a bit more time for Ibis to make her way to the perimeter. How difficult the climb had become! This was not something she should have been attempting, not at five weeks pregnant, but Ibis wanted to stretch her legs. The song faded and she sucked in a breath, fighting gravity as she struggled up the rise, along the ridge, and then nearly toppled backwards — because Reiko was there. How had she managed that? Ibis was dizzy from all the effort so she did not look too closely at her magically-slimmed friend, but waddled up beside her and smiled at both the arrivals.

Ah, hello! She started, except — Reiko was already speaking, and her tone was sharp. Ibis didn't like the tone of it, and hadn't expected such a harsh manner from her friend, glancing to the pale woman and back to their guests; best not to show weakness, they were a united front as the leaders here. Mmn, yes, best be, ah, introducing yourselves. We are the Reneian Empire. How can we help?
Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
He wasn't expecting to meet someone so....Hostile. His face flickered and for a moment he nearly reverted to old habits. But he took a deep breath at the realization that with his face, and Corra's injuries, it might look suspicious. 
"We seek refuge. Corra needs medical attention. And I was asked to come here...by Awenfen." 
He smiled softly at her name, grinning like a lovestruck idiot.
As he finished a very pregnant shewolf approached, and his eyes widened in surprise. 
"We're both Nightwalkers refugees. I've abandoned my place there. And she was a prisoner. " 
57 Posts
Ooc — JB + Ghostwriters
Away
I am not sure if I should wait for Corra? So if I need to, just PM me and I'll remove my reply!!

The man stepped forth first. The look on his face bothered Hime but she was accustomed to muscle-bound servants, and took more offense to the obvious scars dappling his face. Disgusting. She wanted to dismiss him immediately; how dare someone so vile come and show their ugly face upon her doorstep! Not her doorstep, she corrected, not yet—close enough, though.

It didn't help that the little slut showed up in the nick of time to curtail Hime's immediate judgement. Her gaze softened, and while she was still poised as an Empress, she had to assume the facade of Reiko in Ibis' presence. As a show of solidarity she pressed her nose upon Ibis' hip and passed her a smile, then looked back to the man.

Our dear Awenfen. She is not at liberty to make such distinctions for us. Hime made sure to correct; though she could not identify who this Awenfen was, nor their rank, so she let the pronouncement hang in the air for Ibis to agree with or refute. She leaned against the other woman's hip, hoping she would take the cue.

I am the Empress, Reiko. This is my Queen, whose name she'd forgotten, but she'd go with it. Maybe the little slut would introduce herself and save her the trouble. Awenfen has not shared any stories about you. Who are you, sir? A flicker of her gaze to the woman behind him, who for a beat looked familiar, but, Hime didn't let her gaze linger long upon Corra. And your charge.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Reiko's speech felt wrong to Ibis' ears. Overly formal, she thought. There was a confidence to her that Ibis did not recognize, and it made her uncomfortable. More than that, it was the way she was so -- dismissive, a touch antagonistic. This wasn't normal behavior; but then, maybe it was the pregnancy changing things? Ibis had been so distracted by her own drama with Akavir, and her own pregnancy, that she hadn't spent much time with Reiko of late. After their last conversation she hadn't felt comfortable with the idea. Maybe that was her own hormonal imbalance coming in to it, though.

For now she'd stand by her friend, and her Empress. Ibis had not met Awenfen either and felt terrible as Reiko spoke, requesting information. It made sense though, so Ibis would not protest. She offered the man a small smile, and quietly piped up with her name, Ibis! when Reiko partly introduced her. She felt her face flush with warmth after that, having very little experience with the empire's borders since her return. She might have been a trained ambassador, but this was new territory in the moment.

Oh—but I might, um, I could help? I have some medical training. I'm sure we could summon someone here as well. She added hastily, once Reiko had requested details from the man. Ibis looked to her with a flick of her eyes, and then focused on the visitors, straightening when she felt her friend leaning against her. A prisoner did you say..? Her face fell, a furrow of worry creasing her brow; she glimpsed Reiko out of the corner of her eye as if to ask her something, but—there was a chill in her blue eyes, and it unsettled her.
111 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Away
Sneaks into important meetings late and unstealthy xD No need to backtrack :)

It was an effort to traverse the mountainous border of the vale but once over them and down into the valley the change of scenery was astounding compared to the home of the Nightwalkers. The mountains high above felt like castle walls giving her the feeling of instilled security she had lacked previously. Memory thanked her for trusting in him and upon arrival to such a sanctative place she felt she should be the one thanking him, but for now she nodded her head and gave her companion a smile.

As they neared the border the smell of a pack was in the air and she was sure to stay behind Memory and the border as he lifted his head and called for attention. Shortly after a white female looking similar to Cordelia, apart from her freckles and malnourished state, declared her claim and asked their business. Following that a pale coated female with brown accents similar in size to Cordelia approached, visibly pregnant, and asked similar questions. Though this greeting was more hostile than Memory had made this pack out to sound, it was familiar to the royal blooded female. Defense of the kingdom was a necessity. 

She stayed quiet assuming the Memory's account of his invitation would be better than her input, she was wrong. As the individual Fen was not of influence here and appeared to mean little to the two rulers. Cordelia looked at Memory a moment with confusion before the attention turned to her. "I am Corra your highnesses." she introduced dipping her head in acknowledgment. This was what she was used to, formal conversation. "My companion doth speak truly" she hoped. "I was unrighteously imprisoned within the Nightwalker home for over a moon, sustaining an injured ankle and my current famished state. Memory assured my liberation" she stated as she stepped out from behind Memory to allow the two better view of her appearance. "I conclude my ankle has healed though I have little knowledge of medicine and can not be sure" she admitted and said no more about her malnutrition as it was visible to anyone eye she was not in a healthy state. "I'm requesting asylum within your beauteous, safeguarded home" she said again dipping her head. Complementing the home of someone was customary where Cordelia was from. It expressed that the land had value and applauded those at the border protecting it.
Cordelia's identity is currently unknown to the wolves of the Teekon Wilds. 
She is known by all as Corra.

Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
He decided he really doesn't like this Reiko. She's got a demeanor about her that's cold and dark, like a poisonous snake curled in long grass, waiting to poison anything that gets close. He doesn't trust her, and if he gains entrance, Will be keeping a very close eye on her. But for now he has to play nice. 
He's surprised Awenfen hasn't spoken of him... perhaps she was busy? 
As he is about to speak, Reiterating- in a mildly irritated tone- Corra stepped forward, and spoke. 
And astounds him completely. 
The eloquent way she greets them is as though she herself is royalty. She speaks like not only an Alpha, but a highborn one. And noticing the effect it has on their Audience, he decides to change tune and follow her lead. 
"I'm a skilled fighter- you have to in nightwalkers. Despite my handicap I am still able to provide for my pack. Your home is beautiful...reminds me of my childhood home. Im willing to undergo whatever test you deem fit." He shuffles, uncomfortable with the formal language. Then it dawns on him they don't even know his name. "My name is Memory....It's a pleasure meeting you both." 
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
jumping in here! (Just in case it isn't clear, the only reason Awen recognizes Hime's deception is because Reiko is currently her patient and she is familiar with the development of pregnancy - (i.e. she would know if Reiko had miscarried) also, Fen received ooc permission for Memory and Cordelia to post a joining thread :)

The healer was late to the tense gathering, the howl echoing distantly within the blushing groves where she's begun to build a home. Though faint, Fen recognizes it for Memory's voice and with a trilling heart, beams as she drops her herbs. 

Hastening to the borders, the Lady arrived in time to catch the last of the dying conversation. 

She recognized Memory of course, but not the freckled fae who hid in his shadow - conjuring a benignly curious perk of her wispy ears as she trotted to the small group. Ibis too, from the brief introduction Reiko'd given not long after the Queen's return and her own admittance to the Empire. 

The final woman is baffling - at first glance, the botanist assumed her to be the northron Empress herself. Yet, as the wind shifted and her seelie optics chanced a closer look - she did a slight double take. 

Though almost entirely identical to the Izuka who held her loyalty, even in scent, there was something missing: Reiko's blossoming motherhood. This pale sylph lacked the swelling abdomen and teats of pregnancy, maintaining the toned build of a healthy young woman. The perfume upon her icy coat was altered too - no trace of milkscent or maternal pheromones to be detected by the midwife's sensitive nose. 

"Apolo-gies, Queen Ibis," the druid murmured respectfully as she drew near, halting and dipping in a diffident curtsy. Her pale gaze slid to the stranger at her Queen's side, "..and Lady..?" she questioned, intending to fill in as the ivory Lady gave her name.

"I came vhen I 'eard ze 'owl. Zis is Mem-ory, 'e expr-essed an in-terest in join-ing an' I encour-aged 'im to pre-sent 'imself at ze borders," she explained, voice soughing and soft with submission as her gaze flickered to the foreign duo at the Vale's threshold. 

"I coul' 'elp to 'eal zis Lady's injur-ies, if'n ye are villing of course," her crown of ice dipped in deference as she gestured to Cordelia.
"You see, I got a bullet for a tooth and
I'm gonna use it to shoot you."
57 Posts
Ooc — JB + Ghostwriters
Away
That is totally fair, Awenfen! This got ridiculously long I am sorry.

The next stages of this meeting went awry immediately, according to Hime, and it was all Ibis' fault. The girl was worse than Hime's own sister when it came to intelligence—offering herself up in the role of a healer, of all things. Was she not a Queen? It was not the way of Queens to service the peasants of the realm. Her charity would win her nothing, Hime believed. It was futile to offer such a thing to the unproven and uninitiated rabble of society: only those of the Kingdom should benefit from such skills, and certainly not from a Queen. It was preposterous; the very idea made Hime's spine turn rigid.

Then came the pretty woman, finally stepping forth to speak. Her pose was unmistakable, and the timbre of her voice was remarkably familiar. Hime saw much of herself within this stranger—more so her own mother, which did nothing but spoil the girl in Hime's opinion. The girl offered platitudes and a piecemeal sob story that likely made Ibis' heart throb, but for Hime it was painful to her ears, a struggle to suffer through without letting the veneer of her assumed role break to pieces. Even her bow was well placed, a practiced thing of beauty, and Hime hated her all the more for it.

Finally the ugly mess of a man spoke up again; through all of this Hime held her tongue. She may have been trained as a diplomat in her youth, but no matter how well versed she felt in social situations, she was a heartless creature. It struck her as odd that they had these two guests: one, an escaped captive, and the other her likely keeper. Was this all some sort of trick?

As she opened her mouth to do away with them both, banish them from sight with some kind of pointless test that would lead them away from the vale (and with luck, to their deaths!) there came a sweet scent, a lilting sound of a voice from behind them. Her first thought was Reiko—had her sister managed to hike her way to the borders after all? Was Hime's ruse finally at an end? She shot the oncoming slip of a girl a daggering look, but softened slightly.

A stranger. Perhaps the woman these two had previously named—Awenfen? She was a slip of a girl, oddly proportioned, and deer-like, more-so than the Queen beside her. The woman looked from Ibis to Hime, murmuring introductions softly enough that Hime had to strain to hear her voice; but she noted the title that passed from her lips, realizing that her ruse might well be over after all.

I came vhen I 'eard ze 'owl, the woman went on to say. Her words were heavily accented but they suited her too, which was peculiar. It had been Awenfen that invited these cretins to their doorstep. Really, was this how Reiko recruited her subjects? Send the women out to draw filthy low-bred men in to the fold? It was certainly a strong enough tactic, she thought bitterly, and glimpsed to the pregnant Queen.

Her eyes trailed to Corra's face, and Hime's blue eyes were hard. You will forgive the duplicity, she drawled in her true voice, a touch deeper than the sweet-and-soft Reiko who she had previously impersonated. My sister Reiko is the Empress here, and as she is heavy with child, she has passed the mantle of power to myself. It is a temporary position, a proxy if you will. A way to keep her safe so that she may worry over her future children in peace. At this she shot Awenfen a vaguely smug yet stern glance. Now that Awenfen is here to confirm your stories, you may visit the Vale.

She moved back, feeling the cool emptiness of the space around her, and nodded her head as if to welcome them across the invisible threshold. However, she did not stop with her explanation: Miss Corra, you are of course welcome to any help our kingdom can provide. Perhaps while you recuperate you can share exactly how you landed yourself in such a situation? Hm, but now was not the time for such tales.

Next, the scarred man. Your servant has brought you safely to us. We have ample protection from our own guardsmen, those who are trusted and beloved by our fine Empress. We do not require more. Hime glanced at the nasty dark socket upon Memory's face, her eyes trailing to the various twists and turns of ugliness set in to the flesh, finding it distasteful and choosing not to hide the underlying disgust she felt upon looking him over. Awenfen, if you choose to spend some time with him you may, but his duty is complete. He may leave now.

With that, Hime bowed her head one final time, righted her posture, and began to drift back down the path in to the territory.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Ibis had a feeling that something was off with Reiko through this whole exchange, but it wasn't until the thin woman appeared behind them that she really caught on. She watched as the Lady swept towards the gathered wolves and smiled fondly at her, although she still did not recognize who they were; an issue she would soon remedy. Poor Ibis had so much going on with her own pregnancy and overall situation that she wasn't as invested in the kingdom as a whole, leading to quite a problem. It was likely another reason why she didn't notice the difference between her lovely friend Reiko and this impersonator until it was too late.

The Queen listened intently to all that was said around her. The terrible tale of Corra's imprisonment and escape did make her heart hurt, and brought to mind the terrible situation between Reiko and her husband, so when so-called Reiko spoke up and condemned the two strangers for their choice, it baffled her. She felt her face flush with warmth, offended on their behalf, and stunned by the complete change in Reiko's attitude.

How cold she was being! Oh, but the new arrival, she seemed to notice things so swiftly. Ibis saw them do a double-take, and even address Reiko as if she were not the Empress. This made Ibis very, very confused. She frowned, opened her mouth to voice some sort of protest, and then shut it, because she was learning to behave as a Queen and in this moment, solidarity was more important than causing upset.

Not that this imposter cared. The pale woman who had seemed so friendly and beloved to Ibis, now came out as being a total stranger. She explained things swiftly enough to leave Ibis' mind spinning, but at the same time the Queen was mindful of their continued proximity, and carefully stepped aside from Hime, feeling a lingering itch where their bodies had been touching. It felt like some kind of violation; Ibis was reeling from all of it, and didn't catch on to what Hime was saying until she was already turning to depart.

W-what? She murmurs pathetically, dropping the pretense of her rank for a moment. Her expression looked childish, confused, shocked, and her bright eyes flickered between the retreating woman and Awenfen. At the very least the woman could stay... But what of the man? He had said he was here to stay with them. What would Reiko say to all of this? Um, this wasn't right, Ibis thought. She didn't know what to do. Her default was to trust, and if Hime was truly serving the Kingdom in such a way, so too must Ibis.

I'm sorry, but we will do our best to help you, Corra. Ibis turned to the freckled beauty, her expression shifting to something soft and apologetic. She moved to usher the weakened woman across the borders, and glanced shyly towards Memory, to whom she muttered under her breath: I will talk to Reiko, do not stray far. Something was deeply wrong, here. Ibis would make sure to get to the bottom of it.
111 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Away
After Memory's introduction and offer to serve as a sort of soldier the spoken of Awenfen appeared. Another white pelted beauty entered this ever-changing conversation. Her accent was rather thick and it took a moment for Cordelia to ascertain what she was saying and in fact vouching for what Memory had told her on their way here, along with the offer to help Cordelia with her state. It has good to actually be greeted by someone who was willing to offer medial attention when previously that promise had to lead her to imprisonment. 

But the empresses, or that the imposter's next words were confusing to Cordelia. She was not the true ruler, but rather her sister? Her explanation made sense. The passing of leadership for the time period when the true leader would be unable to present herself. And posing as such a person to an outsider may seem strange but it had a purpose [I'm Negan]. But it seemed that even the members of the pack seemed confused, specifically the Queen. To keep this from the pack's very members seemed to have no purpose and peaked Cordelia's interest.

Despite this plot twist the imposter still accepted Cordelia's plea for sanctuary and mentioned her explaining her story more fully in the future. "Yes Miss. And Thank you very much." she stated with a smile, regarding her as Miss now that she didn't know her true rank here. When she then referred to Memory as her servant she internally thought it a bit funny for a moment, until she realized what the female was saying, that he couldn't stay. Her expression was similar to the queens, what? It took her a moment to process and as she did Ibis approached her escorting her across the border. She was about to say something when she heard the queen's words. This would be sorted out at a later time.

This put her a bit more at ease, but she still looked back at Memory with both gratitude and sorrow that he wasn't able to come. Her expression might have also expressed her wish for him to join, but ultimately she had no power of the rulings of this pack.
Cordelia's identity is currently unknown to the wolves of the Teekon Wilds. 
She is known by all as Corra.

Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
A smile spread across Memory's face as Awenfen finally appeared. 
she belonged in this place, beautiful and wild, a Fae in her Glen. 
She vouched for them as he knew she would....and then it all went to shit. 
The one who had the audacity to call herself the leader here- the Snakelike one with hatred in her eyes, was revealed to be an imposter. The true Alphaess' sister. When she looked at him it was with complete repulsion, and he knew he had been judged for his scars. 
Her next words shattered all pretense of politeness. She had the audacity to call him a slave?? And Dismiss him?? A dangerous growl rumbled in his throat, confusion and hurt translating to rage at the bitch as she walked away. He turned, alarmed, to Awenfen, As the pregnant shewolf muttered a shocked apology, and lead Corra across the border. 
"What is the meaning of this?" He snapped, barely containing his hurt and anger. "Who is that bitch? Who does she think she is?" 
He wouldn't give up on Fen...but...with no pack to speak of.. he didn't have much chance. He was alone again. He had given up everything to chase a pipedream shattered by some domineering bitch. If he ever caught her outside the territory he would rip her throat out.
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel

Now was Awenfen's time to be confused, coming to the baffled conclusion that Reiko's doppelganger had been posing as their Empress, only to be foiled by an ignorant Awen. 

The druid's gaze didn't quite rise to Hime's, wisely, but it was visible when the healer's features hardened into a frozen mask of projected calm. She had nothing to say to this woman - this liar. 

Clearly, she'd not done research on the subjects she was trying to fool; else, the Izuka sister would've known that Reiko was Lady Fen's patient. The midwife would know if the Vale's true Empress had stepped down from her duties. 

She let the cold northron go silently, followed shortly thereafter by their stammering Queen and their newest Guest. 

"Velcome, if'n ye need any-zing, I am vithin ze cherry trees," she murmured to Corra as the fugitive passed, nodding respectfully to Ibis in acknowledgement. Hopefully, she could sort this out with Reiko - the motherly, kind leader wouldn't allow refugees to be turned away from her sanctuary. 

Her gaze snapped to Memory at his aggressive outburst, astonishment palpable in the air - in the hunch of her spine as she instinctively cowered back from the volume of his ire. 

"'ush!" She hissed anxiously, fluffy tail flickering at her hocks with agitation. "Please."

"Zat is ze sister of me Empress," 
the midwife reminded him, aghast with this unseen side of the Nightwalker. 

"..whoever she is," it hadn't slipped her notice that the Izuka failed to give up her name, "..she lies." The accusation slipped from her lips, soft as spring, as she turned to watch the tiny silhouette of the pale sylph fade into the distance. 

"I've been treat-ing ze Lady Reiko an' she inform-ed me 'erself zat she vould cont-inue about 'er duties as normal," Awenfen revealed in the whispers of a co-conspirator. 

"Queen Ibis vill sort zis out. Zat im-poster vill be dealt vith and I'm pos-itive ze Lady Reiko vill be intere-sted in meet-ing ye," the hart tried to reassure, offering him a gentle smile. She had no reason to doubt Reiko, or Ibis - they would see right by the Empire. 

"In ze mean-time, I vill fetch ye some-thing ta eat. I vill meet ye in ze mount-ain pass over yon-der." 

With that, the halfling turned and loped away - extending into the customary leaping gait of a sighthound as she raced back towards her groves - repressing the fear that he might not be there when she returned.
"You see, I got a bullet for a tooth and
I'm gonna use it to shoot you."