Sawtooth Spire to endure steadfastly;
i'm defeated and i gladly wear the crown
266 Posts
Ooc —
Just like that, their spar is over -- but Stag is far from feeling victorious.

He loosened his grip on her scruff, feeling that perhaps she was holding back from him. That there was some untapped current beneath the frostbound glint of her eyes, just waiting for the day it might be unleashed.

Let it never be unleashed upon him; Stag shivered as he stepped back, his tail swaying. "You could have stopped that." His voice was not quite accusative, but it carried puzzlement. "Why didn't you? I know you could kick my ass."
and it brings me to you, but i won't just past through
i'm not asking for a storm.  
743 Posts
Ooc — viz
Master Warrior
Rogue
i could've, perhaps, praimfaya agrees with him. she reclines upon her huanches, settling down as her frostbound gaze studies him. but i'm not infallible. well trained enough to survive her conclave while her competitors were buried in crogeda's burial grounds. and it's not always about winning. she tries to explain her reasons. there are plenty of lessons to be learned in failing. she says matter-of-factly and then worries once the words are left hanging in the air that he might take her words as patronizing when that isn't how she meant them. just because i'm skilled doesn't mean i'm always going to win. even though her pride — a alluring temptation that she too often falls prey too despite her wise-woman teachings — would very soon come to collect her repentance.
i'm defeated and i gladly wear the crown
266 Posts
Ooc —
There are plenty of lessons to be learned in failing. Stag remained silent as Praimfaya explained; perhaps there was a novel truth to be gleaned from her statement, but all the same, he felt cheated on her behalf. It wasn't a sting to his pride -- it was more a nick of confusion, because if she was capable, why not show him?

He decided not to look too deeply; she was back, and that was really all that mattered. "Alright then." He accepted, still musing over what she had said about not always winning. "I'm thirsty. Want to go down to the river? There's a spot that's great for drinking and swimming."
and it brings me to you, but i won't just past through
i'm not asking for a storm.  
743 Posts
Ooc — viz
Master Warrior
Rogue
this seemed like a good place to wrap this up. thanks for the thread! <3

left to her own devices, praimfaya contemplates her conversation and spar with stag, trying to think of what she did wrong. clearly, to her, she has done something wrong with not trying to gain the upper hand in their spar. her tail drifts across her hocks as she contemplates, broken out of her thoughts only when he speaks. yeah, sounds nice. she agrees, holding onto the blossoming hope that she hasn't entirely ruined their reunion at his offer. motioning for him to take the lead, she follows him to the lake where she unceremoniously throws herself into its waiting waters, unable to recall the last time she swam.