Neverwinter Forest venus
101 Posts
Ooc — suledin
Private 
open for pup cameos!
She stirs slowly, roused by @Mal's late arrival to the den; no matter how quiet her visitors are, she always wakes when someone nears her children. She glances over their sleeping forms with a yawn and a stretch, tucking @Nuala closer when she realizes the girl has strayed a bit. Come in, but quietly, She calls softly to the lurking alpha, wondering what has brought him here so late. He usually doesn't risk disturbing the children this way, so she's certain it might be important.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
It didn't take a genius to see something was wrong. He'd been pretty well emotionally wounded by that whole thing. His steps were careful, quiet, and he came as close as he could to her without also interfering in the pups' space. He just wanted to at least kind of pretend that he lived in whatever fantasy world that had normal relationships because it certainly wasn't the one he lived in day to day. And in the end, it wasn't the night to be neutral. 

He lay down there, reaching out to touch her cheek with his nose, his voice low, I'm sorry. I just really needed company tonight. I didn't realize Cupid still didn't know about you.. Or well, anything. A sort of uneasy laugh to go with the understatement of the year, It did not go well. But he was in one piece at least? He looked to the newborns then, wishing they were old enough to smile and play.. But some time yet.
101 Posts
Ooc — suledin
She leans into the touch as Mal settles, returning it with a brief brush of her own nose against his muzzle. You can come here any time, She murmurs, ears tilting back slightly in sympathy. I'm sorry it didn't go well... is he jealous, then? She can't quite hide the touch of concern in her tone, the hint of another motive lurking under her words. The arrival of her children has changed her views, in some ways; recently, she can't help turning her thoughts toward her relationship with Mal, finding a new possessiveness just under the surface. It's nothing compared to the protectiveness she feels over her children, but it's something she knows she needs to address now. Especially with this new drama looming.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
At least with how straightforward Aibreann had been about everything, she had seemed safe. He knew there weren't surprises. But it was still a bit of a stretch to keep himself from being slightly ridiculous in one way or another. Just something to remind him that he wasn't a giant pile of garbage. I don't know... Maybe. But mostly angry at me. But he never seemed like he cared at all. We'd pretty much worked stuff out otherwise too. Put a verbal shrug there. Now they were back to square one. Or worse. He wasn't sure yet. How would he find out? Did he just have to go show up there and see if anyone got pissed? What about Caerus? More questions, more confusion. 

And now like.. telling Hua sounds awful. She should know, but I don't want to hurt her, she doesn't deserve that. That part had gone from kind of questionable to terrifying in that period from post-hunt to now. And yeah, he'd already been over the fact that he should have said something last time he was there but he was a little too dumbfounded to make his brain think that far ahead. If she had anything like Cupid's reaction he'd never get to see those kids again.
29 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Disturbed was exactly what she was. She hadn't initially woken as her mother scooted her closer, just stirred a bit before seemingly drifting back to sleep. But she had not been able to return to her deep slumber. That little blip of movement had slowly allowed hunger to seep into her dreams and bring her to full awareness. 

She let them know the second she was awake how bothered she was. She cried and cried, thrashing her head around in search of what she wanted. But her tantrum was keeping her from finding it, and so it was a vicious circle. She was upset because she was awake and hungry, but her dramatics were preventing her from latching on to feed. It was actually not an uncommon occurrence for the spotty girl, unfortunately, and she waited impatiently for the help she knew would come, her cries never quieting in the meantime.
like a bastard on the burning sea
20 Posts
Ooc — jem
finín was simply aggrieved by the sudden harassment he was forced to endure in the form of nuala's squirming figure by his side. he was not a greedy soul, he sought only the simple things in life. milk, warmth and peace yet it seemed he was not destined to receive even that if his sister had something to say about it. so finín broke away from tranquil feeding, determined not to have his feasting ruined by this vexing, writhing worm someone had set on him. 

and so, finding himself absolutely desperate to be saved from this horrifying calamity; the smoky child let little jaws part to release his own unending scream. unknowingly aiding nuala in performing the sweetest of caterwauling symphonies for their lucky parents, it wasn't everyday that you were provided with a free playlist of background music without an irksome ad break every few minutes after all.