the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
Private 
Set to 7-19-2020
shortly after this

With the short-lived battle with Derg and their minor introduction, Orlaith was quick to head down in a feirce rage. She was always a flaming wolf, but at the moment it looked like she would set the forest ablaze. A feirce look to her eyes, of vengeance and a lust for for war. Even upon coming down into the hushed willows, she continued on with a raging fire within the guards soul.

She called for @Lumiya, a call of urgency.
[Image: dbsjoiy-a0dc5a12-726e-4fc9-9f6e-325ac868...sKmYWTqVa4]
Everything lies within Emotion
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Tags just for reference!

She'd been hanging out with @Dante - something that had become quite the norm when she wasn't on duty or freshening up and training in the lake. She felt her endurance increasing - swimming was one hell of an exercise - but her small frame would never become as bulky and strong as a real warrior. She'd just like to be able to defend herself a little was all - be better at providing for her faeries.

Loinnir and her turned their heads in sync at the call, and Lumi sent her owl ahead to find what she thought was Orlaith. She shot Dante an apologetic glance before running off. Her padding became a trot which became a sprint until she was face-to-face with the fuming fire faerie. Something amiss? She asked, concerned.
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
Like a beast, her olives locked upon the bird and thought of him as prey. She thought to lunge in anger, but upon realizing it was Lumiya's bird, the raging fae had to calm herself more. She had so much steam, and anger. Her pride had been hit, as so the man wanted, but it also raged her fuel to be better.

"I fought with a member of The Saints. I found them."
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
The queen cocked her head, trying to process what had been said. A fight between their best warriors and one of the saints? Was Orlaith hurt? Why were they still so close by and starting trouble? Her expression grew grim as she looked askance. How could she fix this?

Are they still close? Where have they settled? She dreaded the answer.
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
"They went south, past the Empire. I'm assuming below Sunspire, but definitely within the mountain range." She didn't know the exact whereabouts where they could be, but simply deducted. The spire may be too close for any wolf to truly be comfortable to be upon, as the Vale was close. They would neighbors- unfriendly ones at that.

"I haven't been that far down, I do not know what lays there." The fire fairy was taking deep breathes to calm herself in order to give the Queen answers, without breathing fire down upon her. She had a lot of pent of anger, to release.
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
The mountain range wasn't very far at all - it was barely a day's worth of travel from their previous settlement... And so close to the Empire.... This wasn't good. Lumiya didn't feel comfortable with their enemies in the mountains she often crossed to get to the flatlands. What if she or one of her faeries got caught unawares by one of them? They'd have to take detours through the coastal territories, adding at least a day to their travels. No, this wouldn't fly; not if she had anything to say about it.

She was filled with determination. I must send word to our allies that they've settled nearby the Empire and us. It was unwise of them to settle nearby. I know the mountains like I know this forest - knowing them, they might've settled in the canyon - It suits them. She nearly ranted. I shall first go to the coastal wolves - Hua is good at rallying packs together. Will you stay here to protect the others?
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
Orlaith had not fully explore more then the territories around them, and she realized perhaps that was better to do now that an enemy had settled into a nearby one. Somewhere, she did not know of. It irked her even moreso, as fustration was settling upon her twitching body.

She was ready to set off in a rage.

"As I always will." Even despite the flaming storm within her belly, she wasn't that ill-tempered to run off and fight them once more. She knew what was more important despite furstrations, to stay within the realm and protect their court. Especially so now, that the enemy was so close to their mantle. 

"What will you do once you tell them?" She inquired.
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
She was glad to have Orlaith and Fionn to protect their weaker faeries and the two pixies they now had to protect. There was no telling what the crazy Saints might do when they find all the spots a faerie could hide in - be it the cave of wonders or the one hidden behind the waterfall. They had the advantage of knowing their lands, and there they'd stay until this ordeal was over.

I must warn Reiko - if it truly is the canyon they've settled in, then only The Sunspire keeps them apart. She spoke of the Empress as a friend, though it was quite possible that Orlaith did not know who the name Reiko belonged to. Loinnir hooted in frustration, gliding through the air and digging his claws in her back as usual. You must stay here, Loinnir. You can spy them before we can, if they come to ambush us. She ordered, knowing that Loinnir would also slow her down on her travels. It was hard to run with an owl on your back. I better be off then - we have not a second to waste. Perhaps she was overreacting, but the safety of her court was her primary objective and everything that threatened it had to be dealt with quickly.
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
tags for references.

Orlaith was not familiar with wolves of other packs. She only had faint meetings with their members, but didn't divulge further upon that. She counted herself a rather friendly wolf when it wasn't business related. Dealing with someone like @Memory, who she did not approve as a fairy, was a different type of initiation. She deemed if they were appropriate to enter the court- strictly business. Along the lines with @Derg as well, as he was an enemy, she gauged his strength and gave a warning (despite the failing to win).

Perhaps she needed to go out more, but definitely now was not the same.

With her mind cooling down, becoming but an ashen fairy, she breathed, "Safe travels."
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
The fae curtsied, bucking Loinnir off gently and spun 'round to sprint into the forest. It was near a cache she gulped down a rabbit, not very lady-like, and without even saying goodbye to her lover she was off. The island of the sea folk was a long ways away, at least 2 days of travel if she was fast... She hoped she could get there in time before something terrible happened.