Greatwater Lake but he sang louder and louder inside the house
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
@Clarence
tag for reference

Throughout the week there would be less and less rain. The storm did not come on the last day. Cenric saw this as their opportunity to finally leave the mountain. So that morning he informed @Célnes he’d be scouting ahead and went off.

Come nightfall and he had finished his descent from the heavens. It felt nice be on earth once more. He strolled along the water’s edge and stopped to take a drink.
closed for threads
266 Posts
Ooc — Van
Valour was with another pack now - Clarence hadn't known what had caused him to want to join them, but honestly... the piebald boy didn't agree with the idea. It seemed like Nightwalkers all over again, and he just wasn't willing to place himself in that position again.

The rain finally stopped, and Clarence was far happier to be traveling. Never too far from the mountain, because Valour was there and his loyalty to the former Warlord ran deep, but far enough.

He liked the lake, a lot. It was overfilled from the constant rain, but traveling along its edge was therapeutic. The boy was drawn from his thoughts at the sight of another, larger wolf standing by the water. He had dark brown fur and was taller than Clarence himself, but that was not a deterrent. 

"It's nice that the rain stopped, isn't it?" he asked, approaching with a wag of his curled tail.
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
There’s a white speck in the distance that morphs into a figure, which then morphs into a man. He reminds Cenric of the witch; eyes of blood, cherry red nose, stripped of color from head to toe. He evokes the same passive disgust he feels each time he saw Whitney. Yet, he still treats him with the same respect he would for anyone.

Yes, it is. I was afraid it would never stop. His lips pulled upwards slightly, then turned to face him. What brings you here at an hour like this?
closed for threads
266 Posts
Ooc — Van
Clarence smiled, reading nothing but pleasantry from the man. It was nice, seeing a friendly face. "Me, too," he responded, then tipped his head to the side. "I hang out here a lot. And... I felt like going on a walk. It's a nice night." 

He looked over at the water - the moon was reflecting off of it. It was probably the first time he'd seen the moon in weeks. His attention, however, was quickly drawn back to his companion. "What's your name?" he inquired. "I'm Clarence."
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Let’s hope it stays this way, he chuckled. Give the creatures of the earth the warm summer they deserved. Bring them a quiet fall. The storms can come back in the winter, when they were expected.

Ah, indeed. Walks are a great way to clear the mind. I enjoy going on one from time to time. Was he out here to clear the mind of its troubles?

A name is given to him, and he felt obligated to return the favor. I am Cenric Déorwine. A pleasure to meet you, Clarence.
closed for threads
266 Posts
Ooc — Van
Walks were often something Clarence did to clear his mind. Unfortunately, it was a mind that needed cleared often. He didn't get headaches so often anymore, but he often felt antsy and uncomfortable, and simply needed to stretch his legs. 

"I do this a lot," he explained with a grin. "But I don't usually run into other people." 

Ooh, this guy had a first and last name. Clarence didn't understand why he felt like that was fancy. Should he have a last name? Should it be Arcos?

No, definitely not.

"It's nice to meet you too, Cenric," he responded, tail swishing behind him. "Do you have a pack?" He didn't, not anymore, but... it wasn't something he'd be opposed to, eventually.
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Based on Cenric’s theory, his constant walking would mean his head was filled with troubled thoughts. What ailed him? He wished to dig deep into his mind to find the answers. It’s a habit.

Inquiry could wait. He wanted to answer the ghost’s questions first, especially when it regarded Kingslend.

Ah, yes. Well, you could say it’s more of a traveling group. We’re small, and have yet to settle. I’ve come out here to scout out a temporary camp.
closed for threads
266 Posts
Ooc — Van
Clarence frowned in thought. A traveling pack, that needed a place to stay? 

"There's a forest, south of here," he explained, figuring that it wouldn't hurt. There was no one who lived in the haunted woods anymore, after all, so who'd even care if they sheltered there for a while? "Nobody lives there, anymore, and it's sheltered." 

Maybe Cenric and his little pack could find use of it.
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
He need not scout further, for the man lets him know of a spot. A forest to the south. Sheltered. Empty. It’s empty now. Cenric raised a brow.

You know a lot of this forest. More than a passerby would know. It intrigued the Déorwine. Who abandoned it? Do you know?
closed for threads