The Sunspire he held my hands above my head and i commenced to pray
Pledged
Dragonspine
fine as any blade
436 Posts
Ooc —
Riley wasn't unsettled by Praimfaya's admission - it would have been easy to dispatch him. It took effort to heal. 

He listened with a keen ear to the warrior-healer's (such a duality!) recount of how her own life had been saved. Riley assumed that kind of debt was not easily forgotten or erased. Strange how life worked -- those foreign wolves were now responsible for him too. If they had not existed and saved Praimfaya who knows if Riley's life would have been forfeit. It was overwhelming thinking of how much of life and its interactions were like an immense body of water, not a river -- one single motion set off a constellation of reactions beyond mortal control. 

He didn't understand one thing, though -- why did she call herself commander of death? The question lingered on the roof of his mouth. First, to answer her own questions. I was attacked by the wolves over in that soggy meadow. With the droopy trees. They said I was on their land -- Riley's eyes flashed, for he disagreed vehemently with their assessment, as it had been unclaimed at the time. I pissed on one of their trees, and they attacked. That was -- Riley counted back slowly -- Almost two months ago. Dunno if Donovan has sent anyone. I haven't seen him since he publicly humiliated me in front of the court. He can fuck off, just like those idiot 'fairies' in the trees.
Messages In This Thread
RE: he held my hands above my head and i commenced to pray - by Riley - August 27, 2020, 08:48 AM