The Sunspire he held my hands above my head and i commenced to pray
Pledged
Dragonspine
fine as any blade
436 Posts
Ooc —
Riley shrugged. Praimfaya might have found the treatment he endured went against her impression of how a leader should behave, but Riley was used to it. When he disappeared from Easthollow Valette and Greyback hadn't chased him down either. Why would Donovan be any different?

Of course Riley had no way of knowing if it was true Donovan hadn't looked for him -- just like he had no way of knowing if Valette, Greyback, or Laurel had. They'd never found him, so as far as he was concerned they didn't care. 

Juvenile as that thought was, Riley had stayed alive all this time and was beholden to none. Praimfaya's genuinity wasn't lost on him, but Riley didn't know how to respond to it. No one cared about him, least of all strangers. Why would she be different?

Ever so slightly uncomfortable, Riley tried to fan out the fires he saw simmering in Praimfaya's gaze. I wasn't there for very long anyway. I've been on my own a while before that. So maybe it's better like this. It's what I'm used to anyway. He gave another indifferent shrug, his lopsided gaze sliding to Praimfaya. Why do you call yourself commander of death? What does it mean?
Messages In This Thread
RE: he held my hands above my head and i commenced to pray - by Riley - August 27, 2020, 01:14 PM