Neverwinter Forest made a big sound
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
All Welcome 
Orochi returned bloodied and bruised. He had searched in every nook and cranny for miles and miles, but there was no sign of Hide. Needless to say, he was angry, but he was more afraid than anything. 

What happened to him? Was he attacked? Taken? Did he just.. leave? The yearling refused to entertain the last possibility. Hide wouldn’t leave without telling him. He promised he wouldn’t. 

Orochi furiously sniffed each tree he came across. Maybe his friend had found his way back here while he was away.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
The scent of blood, and Orochi, was what caught her attention that morning. As soon as she found that trail, she followed it- he had been gone just as long as Hide. Had the red guardian returned as well? 

When she found him he was sniffing a tree itensely, moving from one to the next. Orochi! She called as she raced towards him, practically skidding to a halt before him. You are back!! Where were you? Where is Hide? The questions fell frantically from her lips; matters were too urgent to delay.
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
This was the first time he’d seen Huā in awhile. Each of them had their own business to attend to. It’s a shame she’d have to see him at a low point.

Orochi did not share his leader’s energy. His body was low, he could barely keep his head up, and there was a scowl etched on his face.

I-I don’t know. The sigh he’d contained was finally released. Another breath was held within his lungs. I was out looking, but I couldn’t find him..anywhere. Orochi stifled a growl.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Orochi nearly had a visible stormcloud hovering over his head, raining down on him and dragging his posture down with the weight. It seemed Orochi had been searching too, but even further than she had, for she was always sure to return to the forest in the late evenings or early dawns. He'd been gone some long days, and now he was home- without the fiery guardian that they'd lost. Huā hung her charcoal head and let out a heavy sigh, taking s moment before speaking. I have been looking also. But the rain washed away so many scents- there is no way I can know where he went. In her mind surely brewed the possibility that an enemy had done this, killed him, or maybe he'd been flooded somewhere- but she didn't want to alarm Orochi with frightening ideas. On the other paw, it was unproductive to stand around and mope about Hide's dissappearance. And yet even those who were searching couldn't find him- it was a hopeless cause to dispatch more search parties to look for trails that were already gone. Huā didn't know what to offer Orochi in this moment. To most, perhaps some gesture of comforting, but she believed she knew Orochi well enough by now, figuring that he wouldn't enjoy a hug from the siren. But she couldn't help a couple warm words, I am... hoping he will return soon. Lifting her head up, I am going to keep looking. Aiolos is too. I promise you, Orochi, we will find him. Dead or alive.
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
Orochi allowed himself to feel a bit of hope as Huā began to speak. His ears perk ever so slightly, and there’s a subtle glint in his eye. He hoped that she’d had more success than he did, that Hide had returned with her safe and sound. No good news from her, just the same stuff he’d already known; the rain had washed away his friend’s scent, and there still was no other trace of him.

Frustration made his blood boil, and reassuring words did little to turn down the heat. I’ll find him, he declared. The leader’s help was appreciated, and he’d be grateful if they found any clues, but Orochi needed to be the one to find him. He needed to see if he was ok for himself.

Orochi pulled himself together and ran forward without another word.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Orochi promised he'd find him. Then the warrior was off- and Huā could only watch him go, drooping shoulders an indication of her heavy heart.