Stone Circle Feeling Hotter Than a Glue Gun
One ear flicked at the sound of another's approach. A quick glance was given as his eyes locked on the dove before West quickly turned his head away to ensure he had wiped away all that remained. It wasn't exactly that he was ashamed of crying it just...looked wrong. Right now the last thing he wanted was for Polaris to see him like this. The woodland boy took a deep breath letting it slide out again before turning back to his friend.

Though a part of him wished he hadn't...

That stare. He couldn't read that stare. Was it pitty? Surprise? Maybe it was fear, though her tone suggested the former and thank the Gods for that. He wasn't sure what he would do if she feared him and pitty...well he could deal with that, even if it burned. Hey— Any other words fell from his maw as West suddenly found himself just...staring. The silence stretched for a moment longer before he would clear his throat allowing his eyes to divert to the river. We should talk...

It was his own suggestion, one that he had been bracing himself for up until now, but now that the time had finally come the fear of what she might say finally gripped him. I ah... I don't think... I should be here anymore. Each word was squeezed out as he was unable to meet her stare. He knew that he'd only get lost in her gaze and right now he needed to be sure of himself, sure that this was in fact the right move. I've always tried to protect Easthollow, protect my family, but I think I'm making all the wrong moves. I haven't protected anyone and I— I'm not as strong as I thought. Not as brave as Leta believes. I need to make things right.

Finally, with another deep breath, emerald eyes would raise to meet her pale mismatched ones. Ursus won't stop, we both know that and now they want my head. If I leave, maybe they'll leave Easthollow alone. A frown tugged at his lips now that most of his thoughts had been voiced. Sure he had been toying with the idea for a while, but saying it out loud made it...all too real. My parents... I want you to look out for them for me. I'm pretty sure they like you anyway so... maybe they can be your family too since...yeah... He hadn't really meant to bring up the fact that like...half her family was dead, but he knew it was important to her. Easthollow was one big family anyway, it wasn't that outrageous of a thought for him at least.

As West allowed himself to trail off, he'd keep his gaze locked. There was only silence as he waited for a response and while the wait was likely short, each second dragged on in unnerving eternity. He only hoped that she would take the news well but...well, Polaris had a habit of being explosive in everything she did. It as something that he admired, though right now the last thing he wanted was for this to blow up in his face.
#008000 , PawprintWest's Playlist 10/10* 2/10, * = incomplete threads
Messages In This Thread
Feeling Hotter Than a Glue Gun - by West Tyree - October 02, 2020, 04:03 PM
RE: Feeling Hotter Than a Glue Gun - by RIP Polaris - October 04, 2020, 11:48 AM
RE: Feeling Hotter Than a Glue Gun - by West Tyree - October 05, 2020, 01:09 PM
RE: Feeling Hotter Than a Glue Gun - by RIP Polaris - November 14, 2020, 12:53 PM
RE: Feeling Hotter Than a Glue Gun - by West Tyree - November 14, 2020, 03:19 PM
RE: Feeling Hotter Than a Glue Gun - by RIP Polaris - November 14, 2020, 06:13 PM
RE: Feeling Hotter Than a Glue Gun - by West Tyree - November 14, 2020, 07:38 PM
RE: Feeling Hotter Than a Glue Gun - by RIP Polaris - November 18, 2020, 06:34 PM
RE: Feeling Hotter Than a Glue Gun - by West Tyree - November 18, 2020, 07:23 PM
RE: Feeling Hotter Than a Glue Gun - by RIP Polaris - November 30, 2020, 02:03 PM
RE: Feeling Hotter Than a Glue Gun - by West Tyree - December 09, 2020, 06:01 PM