Moonspear Straight as an arrow; bayonet trials
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
Even in his diminished capacity Revui could not help but listen to his surroundings, and he heard someone approaching with an irregular gait. Irregular in the way that it hastened, moving more like a pest creature than a wolf, until the pale figure arrived touting a flower between their teeth. Not a pest, then - just a child.

A child that bore a striking resemblance to his dead father. They were not of an age to be Charon's, and by proxy a sibling to Revui, but there was a passing stab of something familiar about them all the same. A little bit like Charon but softer, smaller. Having met most of Hydra's children (and knowing her dark complexion had spread to each of them somehow) he could assume this was not her child.

They approached and lay the flower near where Revui was settled, then clarified matters - mentioning Kukutux. Asking a question he often posed to himself in private.
"How did you come to be here?"

The last thing he remembered, at least what he could piece together as real rather than part of some fever-dream, was, "I came from the sea." The smell of brine was the strongest thing in his memory. Before that, the musk of pine and a conversation with a friend; but Merrick seemed so far away from him now, as did Ursus.

Revui's mouth felt dry suddenly, and he coughed to clear his throat. "I was born here though, like you."

The woods have always been filled with these soft doe-eyed things;
with hearts beating for the arrow, the bullet, the lance.

I have always been the huntsman.  ⤑

Messages In This Thread
Straight as an arrow; bayonet trials - by Revui (Ghost) - October 16, 2020, 03:00 PM
RE: Straight as an arrow; bayonet trials - by Sialuk - October 19, 2020, 08:57 PM
RE: Straight as an arrow; bayonet trials - by Revui (Ghost) - October 21, 2020, 12:28 PM
RE: Straight as an arrow; bayonet trials - by Sialuk - October 21, 2020, 08:18 PM
RE: Straight as an arrow; bayonet trials - by Sialuk - October 22, 2020, 11:59 AM
RE: Straight as an arrow; bayonet trials - by Sialuk - October 22, 2020, 03:59 PM
RE: Straight as an arrow; bayonet trials - by Sialuk - October 22, 2020, 09:14 PM
RE: Straight as an arrow; bayonet trials - by Sialuk - October 23, 2020, 11:29 AM