Nova Peak My friends aren't far,
Dritte
89 Posts
Ooc —
Away
All Welcome 
With the thanks of Taikon, Asra had found a hopefully, permanent den. It was a small little cave by the side of the mountain, and toward the distance it faced the sea. Clearly so from her tunnel could she see the stars from afar, and moonlight but shining within. Big enough for herself and more, she truly felt blessed to find but a small home for herself.

Cold to the touch, in-caved downwards, it but just a hole. The walls seemed like it had been hit, and looked at though it was a makeshift 'shelf', perhaps long ago the waters once touched this opening to form what it was, but now it was dry for the frost-touched thrall.

Her body snuggled deep within, curled cozily, with a dark head peering out to the sky.

Isn't it lovely,
all alone
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
The onset of night meant that Taki was headed to her place high atop the peak. It was quiet at night, and she liked to perch on her ledge and watch the world below as she let the day's thoughts sift through her mind. It was clearer tonight than it had been the previous few, and the moon lit the worm path in front of her.

She had only just started making her way up the mountain when the fresh scent of her new packmate filled her nose. She was not really the social type, even if she had chilled out a bit over the last few months, but the prospect of running into another wolf did not deter her any. As she continued her trek, the scent got stronger, and she knew she would not be alone much longer.

The woman's dark head stuck out from a cave carved into the side of the mountain, and Taki slowed to a stop not too far from her. She offered a stiff nod in silent greeting and waited for the other wolf to speak; she was content to be on her way up the mountain, but she would also stay for a bit and talk if that was what her packmate wanted.
Inuttuk
Common

Dritte
89 Posts
Ooc —
Away
The group of Sagtannet was small, but they were tight. Many seemed rather reclusive however, and simply assumed that was the nature of so. The only wolves she counted with familiarity, was Mahler who she enjoyed the company of, and the golden man Taikon. It seemed the snow-blazed woman had found the company of men, but no sanctuary in other woman.

As her head reached to the stars, a pale nose caught the scent, and the greeting of another. She smiled lightly back, and spoke softly, "It's a lovely night, isn't it? Though I do believe we have not met before."

Isn't it lovely,
all alone
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Taki nodded. Yes it is. She thought most nights were, regardless of how cold it was or how well she could see the stars. Nights were quiet, and recently, they had been peaceful. 

She took a seat. I am Takiyok, she offered, glancing up at the sky. You are new here, she pointed out. They had not had many newcomers recently, aside from her friend who had agreed to join her here, so she found herself curious about this woman. What has brought you to call Sagtannet your home? The griff asked. No matter where she was or the rank she held, she was always curious about her packmates' histories, especially as they pertained to finding themselves as her packmate.
Inuttuk
Common

Dritte
89 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"I am Asra Nightfall," she nodded at the greeting, "a thrall." She was a bit curious on how the rank origins were, as Mahler had told the frost-given wolf that Eisen was in german tongue, so naturally she was curious if the rest followed through too. She wondered, on how to perhaps rank another rank as well.

She wasn't ambitious to gain something that was equivalent to a beta, but she also desired to be counted as one of them, rather then just a newcomer.

"I had left my homeland, and naturally being from the north, I searched for something similar. I was fortunate enough Sagtannet was near such conditions." Asra hoped her story was not dull, but she did not lie. Coming from the northern lands, where it was cold on a constant basis, she only sought for a similar territory. It only just happened, that this group was the first to come across.

Isn't it lovely,
all alone
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Taki offered a stiff nod. If you pull your weight, I'm sure you'll move from thrall if that is what you want. She assumed as much since she made a point to bring it up. It wasn't as if Taki was unaware of her rank. 

You are from the north? she asked with obvious interest. I am also from the north. I traveled here with some of my family a few years ago. I too like to find climates that remind me of home, although nothing here quite compares. The glacier was the closest thing she had found but mentioning it would open her up to more questions about it, and she did not like to talk about it. She wondered, though. Do you speak the language of the north? she asked, switching over to her native tongue. It had been a long time since she found someone outside of her family that spoke her preferred language.
Inuttuk
Common

Dritte
89 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"I am not too concerned about ranking, though i'm unfamiliar with them, and hope to at least achieve familiarity." She only wanted to be but a mere' commoner, a rank she was used to, and would keep as so. Especially so, she didn't want to seem threatening to anyone, nor' mess with the system they created, as Mahler mentioned they were family oriented. As an outsider; she knew her place.

"I'm afraid not," the frost-striked woman shook her head, only offering a pitied smile, "I know of it, but was not raised to speak it." It was only a privileged to the nobles to speak the language. An odd culture, but it was akin to the sun, and to but the simple worms of the ground.. They were the sun to the northern court, disregarded. 

Though despite the negativity around them so, Asra didn't hold too much against them. She was satisfied as a commoner, desiring to be a happy family.. Though even she did not achieve that.

Isn't it lovely,
all alone
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Not very ambitious, but there was no harm in that, nor did Taki think less of her for it. In fact, the Griff had been pretty unambitious herself lately. Well, that should not be too difficult to achieve, she assured her. 

She did not speak her native language, which was a shame, so Taki switched back to common. That seems like a strange way to do things, she pointed out. Your parents did not want you to learn the language of their ancestors? she asked with a raised eyebrow. She had made sure to teach all her children how to speak her family's language, and she would do the same for any future children, as well.
Inuttuk
Common

Dritte
89 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"Where i'm from only the high-class could learn so.. I'm not sure why- it was but how I knew it." She still wondered how that was created, and only only the nobles could learn so. Perhaps it was just the thought to speak something neither of them know, or to remove them slowly from the heritage they once knew. Asra would assume the later, making sure that the lesser class did not know the culture.

"I'd like to learn, though." She smiled.

Isn't it lovely,
all alone
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
It had become apparent over the last few years of her life that she was not the only one with a complicated past. She couldn't be sure what had prompted Asra to leave her home, but it seemed she was seeking a better life here, and Taki had respect for that. If she were a more prying creature, she may have asked for more details about her past, but she wasn't and so she didn't obligate the other woman to speak of her home by asking any further questions about it.

She lifted her eyebrows when her packmate stated her interest in learning the language. I would be happy to teach you, she assured Asra. My son, Stag, also speaks the language, she added. I taught him and his siblings when they were young.
Inuttuk
Common

Dritte
89 Posts
Ooc —
Away
fade?

"Please be patient with me, i'm afraid I only know English." She hoped the other would no grow short with her on the struggled of possible learning the new language. Only knowing the main one, Asra was not sure how well she would fare on learning a brand new one, especially with her age.. However it seemed in the future the time would never come.

"Would you care for a walk?" Moving away from her den, and wanting to know more, the glacier-wolf offered the northern female perhaps a stroll through the mountain to discuss more on the topic, and where she was particularly from. Asra was curious on Takiyok's culture.

Isn't it lovely,
all alone
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
sounds good!

Of course, she said with a curt nod. She did not expect anyone to pick up on a new language easily; it took practice and time. 

She nodded again to the offer of a walk. I would, she said, getting to her feet to wait for the other woman to lead the way. I can teach you some words while we do, she suggested. As always, she was ready to get to work right away. But even of Asra was not in the mood to learn, that was fine; there were many other things they could discuss while they explored the peak.
Inuttuk
Common