Redhawk Caldera Let's go and see the stars, the Milky Way or even Mars.
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,531 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
There was a lot that Maia was leaving unsaid too, for many of the same reasons.  Just because Eljay was a dad now didn't mean he wanted to be one again, with her.  And what if she changed her mind?  She didn't think she would, not after having felt like this around a year or more now.  But the risk was there, and if she brought up kids, she'd also need to explain that she wasn't willing to raise kids who didn't have her big sister as a staple in their lives.  Wraen couldn't have kids of her own... and Maia knew, without a doubt, her own would help to cut any hurt she might feel about that, even if she'd never really shared it.

But without a pack, kids weren't an option.  Maia knew enough of the world to know that.  You couldn't raise pups without stability and the safety of a claimed home.  What if they never found one?  What if she had no choice but to join the Redhawks for good?  Would Wraen join as well, or would she continue to roam, and would her own kids become like Terence's?

It was all just so much. Fortunately, Eljay seemed to be okay with not pressuring her for now, and the look she gave him was infinitely full of gratitude.  Thanks.  She replied, getting up and stepping forward to nestle her muzzle into his neck.  It was weird how quick these little gestures were becoming natural to her... but she'd always been a physically affectionate sort.  

Wraen wants me to be happy too.  And I won't be happy if I can't see you, like, all the time.  She added softly, with a little smile.  Honestly, Wraen would probably just tell her to stay here if she thought that was really what she wanted.  That would be the easiest option... but it wouldn't be the best.  And she was going to go for the best option first before she worried about needing to really choose.

WC: 336
Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's go and see the stars, the Milky Way or even Mars. - by Maia - November 16, 2020, 11:53 AM