Big Salmon Lake We can wash the dirt off our hands now
2 Posts
Ooc —
Away
All Welcome 
Slouched with a heavy gait, Paloma weaved between dense batches of conifers which protruded from the soil in haphazard angles. It seemed only weeks ago the air had once been racked with unbearable heat- the sun’s wrath bearing upon the land with unfaltering vengeance. Now however, a slight chill was entwined within the breezes, warning that the mild temperatures would soon veer to a harsher climate as they always had. Nonetheless the brunette was grateful for a return of winter despite the drastic measures that would have to be taken- at the very least it provided relief from the allergens that assaulted the rosette of her nares. 

Matted, coarse fibers bounced and bobbed with each step of a supple limb, cerulean hues flickering about the space with an unfaltering heedlessness. Weeks worth of endless travel had worn thin on Lee’s nerves. The added factor of a dried mouth didn’t contribute much to an improvement of mood, either. 

Within good time the reflective expanse of liquid becomes apparent through the fringes of the conifers, rolling waves churning softly against a gentle embankment. The brunette releases an obnoxious bellow upon her arrival, aching pads flexing against the dampened sediment. Once she ventured within close proximity of the lapping water, the vagabond cranes forwards to quench her thirst, salmon tongue relishing the chilling sensation which pooled down her maw.
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
I think my brain just shut off whoops messy post

The Count had insisted that she departed immediately from the claim and while @Hieronymous had complained, there was really no way he could stop her. The last thing Ira wanted to do was leave the Queen waiting. As things stood currently, she had surprisingly made good first impressions two years ago, impressions she planned on keeping. Kaistleoki had their own problems to sort out right now, but other than giving orders she would have been sitting around anyways. Her council could handle the bear in her absence and when she returned it would be time to take action.

The roan woman was making good time, the towering mountain ahead now much closer, perhaps only another day's travel to reach the peaks where Moonspear laid claim. Apparently, the river that flowed from her home lead most of the way to the mountain pack's claim, an easy mark for her to travel along on future trips. The end of the river branched out, splitting and reconjoining into a large pool that stretched out. The land surrounding seemed alive with the chatter of birds and bugs, a signal that a fresh meal might be lingering.

It was here that Ira decided she would stop for the day. She could drink and rest before catching a meal, then start off early tomorrow to cover the last stretch of land between her and Hydra. At least that's what she thought until golden eyes landed on another. A woman large in structure much like Orlaith and littered in scars. A warrior perhaps, or a territorial loner. The Count debated approaching or if she should just turn to leave now, though as things were she showed no aggression or high alertness. Perhaps she too was just passing by...Ira kept her distance but offered a chuff to gather the other's attention, her own stance neutral until she knew just how the stranger would respond.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
Orlaith in all her life- never listened to orders. Be it from her home court of the fairy land, to the point she was reckless enough to be casted out due to overpulation, or to Seelie Court, when Lumiya wanted peace, she wanted war. Then that too, she felt to be casted out for not having the respect that the once fairy-guard, so deserved. Now, that same court, was falling into shambles.

Even now, with memories lost, and family once knew was but gone; she still didn't follow orders. The factor was there was a bear around, and she too, had been attacked by the monster. The order to stay home and still, be but a peaceful commander within Speedy's care. Yet, never once did Orlaith ever listen to anyone, and as days went by, and her bruising felt better; she was already off.

"Hey there!" Unknowing on the Count being there, Orlaith approached the stranger who stood by the lake and lapped up a few drinks, "fancy meetin' another warrior!" As assumed so, the commander greeted them with but a large grin followed by a friendly laugh as she walked toward the other. It was simply deducted; large and with scars, much like herself. Though, she did not smell like pack.
[Image: dbsjoiy-a0dc5a12-726e-4fc9-9f6e-325ac868...sKmYWTqVa4]
2 Posts
Ooc —
Away
The satiating liquid trickled down Lee’s parched throat before depositing within her internals, which on its own brightened her mood a fraction. A salivating ribbon swiped haphazardly across a cedar maw, crystalline droplets still clinging stubbornly upon dampened jowls. If she was to return to her Hovel and gain any semblance of rest any time soon, the brunette knew it was best to make for a hasty departure before any lupins discovered her presence and slowed her endeavors. But alas, just as Paloma turned to make way and traverse back where she had come from, a beckoning chuff sounded from nearby. 

Speak of the devil.

And a pretty devil, at that. The unknown woman was blanketed in fair hues of roan charcoals and pewter silvers, accentuated by a startling set of gilded eyes. For the most part the sturdy woman seems to be unmarked, save for patches of scars along the lower portions of a forelimb. Her stance was neutral- certainly far from inviting, but nothing aggressive hinting at the prospect of a brawl. With a flicker of a serrated banner in motions of neutrality, Lee approached the stranger- halting within a better distance to converse. ”Apologies- have I interrupted your drink?” The faintest of what could be considered as a smirk tugs at the edges of her maw. 

”Hey there! Fancy meetin’ another warrior!”

Apparently the rumors about this lake being a hot-spot for activity were true. Yet another unfamiliar woman approached with much more enthusiasm than the roan- bathed in hues of creams, rusts, and taupes which accumulated to form a pleasant parchment of varying colorations. She certainly wasn’t a warrior of any sorts- merely a wandering rogue who’d invaded these lands. ”I’m flattered you see me as a warrior, but I’m only a rogue,” torn ear flicking. Both the roan and the warrior possessed the same scent- thus confirming they were colleagues. ”I haven’t happened to get myself into some sort of a pack raid, have I?” At that, Lee swaggered forwards to observe the comrades from a closer perspective, ceruleans gleaming.
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The other turned to watch her, a moment passing as she too likely assessed the situation before growing closer. Just as she had shown, so had the scar littered woman, a stance of neutrality though to believe that she was territorial over this lake brought a short chuckle. Honestly, it wasn't unreasonable, there were many wolves in these wilds who would claim further than their pack grounds, but Ira saw no need and this was much too far for Kaistleoki.

Though right as the Count parted her maw to speak, another voice rang out, one she recognized. It was almost as if the Gods had sent her to mock the roan woman. Kaistleoki was days away yet somehow her injured knight commander had made her way several days out of the territory. Even if her injuries had not been too serious when Orlaith first received them, she was needed back home as one of the few that could defend should an issue arise while she was out. You could imagine the bewildered shock that painted itself clearly over her features.

A brief apologetic smile was offered to the stranger for what would follow. Reprimanding a packmember in front of someone she hadn't even introduced herself to yet wasn't exactly the best first impression, but it was clear that Orlaith's disobedience went further than their walls. Out here she could not be helped if something happened, in Kaistloki she had backup. It was the one reason she had not bothered forcing her to rest in the past, especially given that it would be hypocritical of her. As gold orbs moved to the knight in question, they grew much more cold, a frown tugging at her lips.

Orlaith. Her name was not a question, but surely the commander would hear the question in her tone, You're awfully far from home. Care to explain why you are days away from the river when you should be resting? Despite being upset, there was always a calm aura around the Count. It was the sound of a mother scolding her child for catching them with a hand in the cookie jar before dinner. Perhaps in some ways, Orlaith could be childish enough to warrant being treated like a child, or perhaps she had simply grown a little soft raising kids of her own.

She shifted her attention back to the self-proclaimed rogue, though her eyes never left her knight, No, my apologies. I'm on a trip to see someone, but it appears one of my knights took the liberty of weakening our borders. A heavy sigh escaped her lips as Ira shook her head. No matter what excuse Orlaith gave, she was still days away from the territory and there was no changing that Hieronymous would have to handle without her for now. I am Ira, Count of Kaistleoki, or Alpha in more plain terms. This is Orlaith, one of our Nobles.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
[Image: e16c5d2f2064d3edb9e3990cb3454b88.gif]

Oh.

Oh fuck.

That friendly smile paused on realizing the acquantice that Orlaith did not notice sooner- her dear Count, Ira, who was thought to be further away to Moonspear on a sort of peace journey. With that in mind, and the others not able to stop her, the Knight Commander stepped out a bit, however that 'short trip,' ended up being a few days away.

Thankfully though during said journey, the same bear that attacked her, also did not make an appearence. There was no trace it was nearby either, and the journey became but a small thought to where it could be.. Further and further did Orlaith go, simply a stroll gone wrong, and finally, meeting a stranger. With, her, count!

"Fancy meeting you here! Uh, Count," she turned to the other, "I'm just, yknow.. Bear hunting! No one else knows what they look like, so taking up the reigns on tracing! " So her excuse was. It could go a long way since in reality Orlaith was the only one to know that particular scent, and able to defend herself more then others. Saraneth seems too weak, and didn't even think on bringing her to the little 'excusion.' She always held but a brightful smile, though her words waver a bit. 

"Found nothing, and oh, no pack raid." Orlaith then added, taking a glance at the rogue.
[Image: dbsjoiy-a0dc5a12-726e-4fc9-9f6e-325ac868...sKmYWTqVa4]