Totoka River I keep a record of the wreckage of my life
I'm tired and angry, but somebody should be.
58 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
All Welcome 
The sun was setting beautifully over the ethereal sequoia coast and bid farwell to the sun, but the sea fae's paws still ached for movement despite much needed rest. So to fulfill this sudden desire for activity, Aimi would quietly creep out of her den in an attempt not to wake anyone, and pitter away from the Isle for some nightly walking.

It had been a while since the young otter had seen her brother, and she was starting to grow worried as a result. They had made it to a new home together, where he had found the very thing he'd been looking for, so where could he have gone THIS time? The simultaneous anger and fear she felt right now was like deja vu -- when the shark had gone missing the first time and she snapped at him in a fit of rage once found. Yet after a while, even Aimi felt unpleasant lashing out like that -- ecspecially when she hadn't properly apologized yet.

'He will return, I just need to remain calm....'

Her eyes shut tightly as she grumbled unpleasantly; no, this is supposed to be a relaxing.fucking.walk. Not an additional stressor. The otter needed to distract herself.

Lowering her head, she began lapping up the water running down stream in a rushed manner. It was unpleasantly cold, plus the fact that Aimi wasn't even thirsty, but perhaps the temperature shock could distract the girl for a bit...
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
Unfortunately for Aimi, this wouldn’t be a relaxing fucking walk because Orochi was out and about. He was angry for no other reason than not being able to fall asleep. Why couldn’t he? Hell if he knew. It just wasn’t a good night.

Unfortunately, when Orochi was pissed he tended to take it out on anything that moved. His packmate (who he’d yet to meet) was just the unlucky wolf of the hour.

The hell are you doing? he barked as soon as he saw her. As he came closer he recognized the familiar scent of Yuélóng. Aren’t you supposed to be on the island or something? It’s late you know.
58 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
HELL YEAH AN OROCHI THREAD 

It would seem as though her silent escape did not go unnoticed, unfortunately. She didn't turn her head -- but only froze at the sound of the disembodied voice and approaching pawsteps. She didn't know who this was or their intentions, and that fact alone made the otters fur bristle defensively. Would she need to defend herself? Then so be it!

"Who asking?" The sea otter countered, sharply turning her head and giving a low, warning growl towards the assumed "attacker" (because we love jumping to conclusions). However, it was soon after that she sniffed the air around them and realized that this was not some random loner looking to jump her, it was someone from Yuélóng. Her teeth were sheathed back in her lips after realizing this, but the furrowed brows did not leave her face. 

Aimi turned to face the male and regarded his features -- she definitely hadn't met him yet, and the absence of one of his back legs suprised her at first, but she shook her head and sought to look up at them again. "I go for late walk, what wrong with that?" She challenged his question with one of her own. Yes, Aimi did sneak off the island without anyone's permission (and was being a hypocrite due to this being the same reason she was angry with her brother, but Aimi chose to ignore that for now...), but she didn't necessarily see what the problem was. 

And like all scenarios in which the otter thought she was correct, she chose to be argumentative...
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
She seemed startled at first. As soon as the question left his mouth, her fur bristled and when she turned around her teeth were on full display. Ready to attack. Good. Orochi smirked, pleased with the idea of another fight. It’s been awhile since the last one. Imagine his disappointment when her attitude changed on a dime.

Her question went in one ear and out the other. Instead of answering, Orochi focused on on one thing: Why are you talking like that? An antagonistic response for the most part. If he wasn’t about to get a physical fight, a verbal one would have to do. It’s weird.
58 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
She awaited his response, and felt bewildered when the subject was immediately changed to focus on her way of speech. The otter frowned in displeasure and took a moment to subconsciously touched her muzzle with a paw. 

The yearling was new to the island (and the Teekons in general) and still had much to learn about the common others spoke here. As she did with most of her accomplishments, Aimi prided herself on the current vocabulary she was able to learn so far -- so the femme couldn't help but feel a tinge of insecurity when her lack of fluency was brought up.

"Tch-" after a few seconds of bewildered blinking, Aimi sucked her teeth and looked the other direction, pouting rather childishly. Was she going to show him vulnerability? Not if her pride had anything to say about it. Was she going to be petty and stoop to his level? Well of course she was going to. This is Aimi we're talking about... "Why you three-legged? Went for swim and piss off shark?" The otter rebutted snidefully, tail lashing behind her. I can play your game too, you little shit...
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
Her frown gave him a bit of satisfaction, though he didn’t let himself wallow in it just yet. It probably disappear soon, depending on what she said next.

Why are you three-legged” Her insult gave Orochi mixed feelings. Of course he was pissed about it. That always happened when someone pointed out his lack of a limb. Insecurity arose of course, another feeling he had no control over as of yet (annoyed the hell out of him). He pushed that aside (the insecurity at least) and let the thrill of retaliation overtake him.

No I didn’t piss off a shark, he shot back. It was much more pathetic than that, but he wouldn’t admit that of course. Pissed off a bunch of psychos. I made them pay for this.