Firefly Glen Cut all of my hair off
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
Lane noted Keyni's arrival out of the corner of her eye, but she didn't really expect to be interrupted. The pack knew who she was by now, and what she was here to do. She couldn't remember who had suggested to her that she check on Ryn (names and faces weren't her strong suit), but the reason for a medic to approach a bleeding child, medkit in hand, would be pretty apparent. 

And so, the medic was surprised by Keyni's interruption. Lane was aware that there were wolves out there who mistrusted medical professionals... perhaps Keyni was one of them? Lane plastered on her most demure smile, trying to appear nonthreatening despite not fully understanding what sort of threat she could have theoretically posed.

"Keyni," Lane greeted, offering a nod of respect. She understood her own place to be ranked somewhere below the other wolves, seeing as her position in the pack was temporary. 

"That's pretty lucky," Lane commented after Keyni recounted her version of events. Lane had heard it somewhat differently. She'd heard not that the child had been found in the sense of a rescue, but rather that Ryn had walked herself, all alone, all the way to their doorstep in the middle of a blizzard. Lane also had done exactly that, arriving at the Grove at roughly the same time, and so she knew from experience exactly how much strength and fortitude it would have required the child to get herself here. It was another thing Lane and Ryn had in common. 

Keyni must have been the sentry who received Ryn, then, and now she had taken up the mantle to look after her. Keyni bent to nuzzle the child, all the while keeping her eyes trained on Lane. The overall effect was that she looked quite protective, and the whole show felt oddly like a power-move. Again, Lane smiled deferentially. She wasn't here to step on anyone's toes. 

Ryn seemed thoroughly engaged by the partnership Lane had posed, and she began immediately offering solutions. With a final nod of respect to Keyni, Lane turned her attention back to the kid. 

"Whatcha lookin' for?" Lane queried, "One of... these?" She pulled on the loose end of her medkit's wrappings and the whole kit unfolded, revealing a large piece of moss soaked in fresh snowmelt. Yep, Lane was basically a magician. 

A medley of dried herbs also tumbled out of the cobweb bindings. Lane nosed through them, separating out what she wanted. Coltsfoot and horsetail, and a bit of marigold. It was all soggy from being wrapped up alongside the moss, which was good. That would help get the poultice started. Lane began to chew them up methodically. 

"We'll stfart wift yours, since yours ift awlready clean," Lane instructed through a mouthful of herbs. Ryn had done a good job pulling away the old scab and licking her paws clean; all that was left now was to apply the antiseptic and wrap it. Lane spat the concoction into the snow and then looked up expectantly. She was ready to apply the medication to Ryn's paws as soon as they were offered.
Messages In This Thread
Cut all of my hair off - by Ravaryn - January 28, 2021, 04:50 PM
RE: Cut all of my hair off - by Lane - January 29, 2021, 08:52 AM
RE: Cut all of my hair off - by Ravaryn - January 29, 2021, 03:05 PM
RE: Cut all of my hair off - by Lane - January 31, 2021, 02:21 PM
RE: Cut all of my hair off - by Keyni - February 01, 2021, 09:05 PM
RE: Cut all of my hair off - by Ravaryn - February 03, 2021, 04:49 AM
RE: Cut all of my hair off - by Lane - February 03, 2021, 03:49 PM
RE: Cut all of my hair off - by Keyni - February 07, 2021, 05:15 PM
RE: Cut all of my hair off - by Ravaryn - February 17, 2021, 03:44 PM
RE: Cut all of my hair off - by Lane - February 19, 2021, 04:00 PM
RE: Cut all of my hair off - by Keyni - February 21, 2021, 10:10 PM