Firefly Glen Cut all of my hair off
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
Lane cringed inwardly as the child repeated the half-swear. Keyni seemed willing to ignore it though, so Lane followed suit. 

"Looking good," Lane murmured to Ryn, hoping to redirect her thoughts back to her task. It seemed to work, as Ryn began spreading the poultice on the wound without any more questions. 

Keyni's explanation didn't make a whole lot of sense to Lane. If the stranger had helped, then didn't it stand to reason that they knew exactly what kind of person she was? She had risked her hide stepping into claimed territory to help them bring down a monster. She was a hero, and the pack had treated her like a villain. 

Keyni's explanation edged on defensive toward the end, so instead of pushing the issue, Lane made an effort to dissolve the tension. 

"Oh, sorry, didn't mean that to sound like I was accusing you of anything. When I asked why you did that, I meant like all of you. I'm still a little fuzzy on pack-life stuff." It was moments like that, when all of the Glen wolves sprang into coordinated action without a word, that left Lane feeling a little lost. Whatever that instinct was that had all the pack wolves working together reflexively... yeah, Lane didn't have it. 

Lane really wanted to change the subject. She looked down at her paw, which was now wrapped. She wiggled her toes. The bindings were a little loose maybe, but they held. It was good work. 

"Well lookit that. I think you're a natural, Ryn. Once you're up for it, you should join me on rounds. I could use an assistant with your talent." Lane bumped Ryn's shoulder in congratulations. She then began cleaning up, sweeping her supplies back together to bundle them up in what remained of the cobwebs. Speaking of rounds, it was about time for her to get going.
Messages In This Thread
Cut all of my hair off - by Ravaryn - January 28, 2021, 04:50 PM
RE: Cut all of my hair off - by Lane - January 29, 2021, 08:52 AM
RE: Cut all of my hair off - by Ravaryn - January 29, 2021, 03:05 PM
RE: Cut all of my hair off - by Lane - January 31, 2021, 02:21 PM
RE: Cut all of my hair off - by Keyni - February 01, 2021, 09:05 PM
RE: Cut all of my hair off - by Ravaryn - February 03, 2021, 04:49 AM
RE: Cut all of my hair off - by Lane - February 03, 2021, 03:49 PM
RE: Cut all of my hair off - by Keyni - February 07, 2021, 05:15 PM
RE: Cut all of my hair off - by Ravaryn - February 17, 2021, 03:44 PM
RE: Cut all of my hair off - by Lane - February 19, 2021, 04:00 PM
RE: Cut all of my hair off - by Keyni - February 21, 2021, 10:10 PM