Ouroboros Spine take me back to a happy place
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
The Firefly Glen refugees had been in limbo far longer than anyone had intended, Lane was certain. It was as if they all teetered on the edge of some great precipice, waiting for the event that either tipped them over the edge of destruction or pulled them safely away from danger, to be restored and revived. For the latter to occur, someone would be required to step up to leadership. Surprisingly, both Antares and Bronco had failed to do so, though either would have been fit for the position, in Lane's opinion. 

There was also Keyni, of course, who might take it upon herself to step up to leadership once it became clear that no one else intended to do so. Keyni was a pack-oriented, dutiful wolf, and it only seemed natural that she would step in to fill a needed position. As Lane made her way toward Keyni's call, she wondered if this meeting would serve as her announcement of her intention to lead.

Before Lane arrived at the source of the call, Keyni's voice filled the air again, summoning the Moonglow leadership. That was curious... perhaps Lane had misjudged Keyni's intentions? If instead of rallying the Glen wolves, Keyni meant to leave them for Moonglow.. would the Glen be able to survive her defection? It seemed unlikely. There were barely holding themselves together as it was.  

Moonglow had responded to Keyni's call more quickly than Firefly Glen, even though they had been summoned second. That did not bode well for the vitality of Firefly Glen, Lane imagined. Lane's amber gaze fell upon Kukutux and her subordinate with the attentiveness and gratitude they were due, as the Glen's gracious hosts, and she nodded respectfully. She then turned her attention to Keyni, encouraging her to speak with a flickering smile and wag of her tail.
Messages In This Thread
take me back to a happy place - by Keyni - April 07, 2021, 08:12 PM
RE: take me back to a happy place - by Adrastus - April 07, 2021, 08:25 PM
RE: take me back to a happy place - by Kukutux - April 08, 2021, 12:50 AM
RE: take me back to a happy place - by Lane - April 10, 2021, 02:19 PM
RE: take me back to a happy place - by Antares - April 11, 2021, 11:26 PM
RE: take me back to a happy place - by Keyni - April 12, 2021, 10:52 PM
RE: take me back to a happy place - by Vallkyrie - April 16, 2021, 04:01 PM
RE: take me back to a happy place - by Adrastus - April 17, 2021, 07:47 PM
RE: take me back to a happy place - by Kukutux - April 18, 2021, 01:01 PM
RE: take me back to a happy place - by Antares - April 19, 2021, 01:22 AM
RE: take me back to a happy place - by Lane - April 20, 2021, 12:58 PM