Ouroboros Spine take me back to a happy place
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
Keyni wanted Lane's opinion? She blinked, dumbfounded. 

No. Even though she had directed the statement to everyone, Lane could see Keyni's attention clearly focused on the owner of the only opinion that truly mattered here. Despite whether Keyni had decided unilaterally that "the time of the Glen was over," that could only be true if Antares agreed. 

Which he did. 

And so just like that, the Glen was finished. Lane breathed in, preparing herself to adjust to the huge loss that she imagined she should be feeling. ...She should be feeling something, right? Her time with the Glen had been essentially just endless work, exhaustion, and uncertainty, with a moment or two of abject terror. Maybe it was understandable that she wasn't feeling any kind of egregious loss here. 

From what Lane was hearing, it sounded like the plan was for the former fireflies to join up with Moonglow, as Keyni was doing. No doubt Kukutux would accept everyone swiftly, and full of gracious sympathy. 

If the events of the last several moons were anything to go by, Lane wasn't so sure she was feeling the whole pack thing. Honestly, it had been brutal, and it would have been so much worse if she'd had stronger ties to those who were lost. You know, the kind of ties that packs encouraged. 

It was nice of Moonglow to offer. Really. And it had been super nice of them to house the refugees the past few weeks. But Lane just wasn't sure. Antares mentioned something about going off for a bit, without offering any details. That seemed like a much better option to Lane, and she didn't hesitate to jump right on that bandwagon too. Anything to put off this decision. 

"Me too. I'm gonna just.. take some time." Lane swallowed, trying not to feel too guilty as she turned to Kukutux. "Tell Za-- tell anyone who asks, please-- that I'm headed, um.." Lane said the first thing that came to mind. "..north for a little while. Across the mountains." 

Fuck. She and Zane had dreamed up such a good plan, and now she wasn't sure she could follow through. If Lane had been a fully mature wolf with adequately-developed emotional intelligence, she might have looked for @Zane before she left. She might have explained to him that it wasn't him, and it wasn't even marriage that had given her cold feet. She just couldn't tie herself down to the whole pack thing yet, not right now-- not when she had just been set free. 

But as it was, Lane was a teenager. And as a teenager, she was a whole lot more partial to the idea of just disappearing as opposed to having a difficult, embarrassing conversation. They could talk when she came back. If she came back. Or he could come find her, if he wanted. That would be cool.
Messages In This Thread
take me back to a happy place - by Keyni - April 07, 2021, 08:12 PM
RE: take me back to a happy place - by Adrastus - April 07, 2021, 08:25 PM
RE: take me back to a happy place - by Kukutux - April 08, 2021, 12:50 AM
RE: take me back to a happy place - by Lane - April 10, 2021, 02:19 PM
RE: take me back to a happy place - by Antares - April 11, 2021, 11:26 PM
RE: take me back to a happy place - by Keyni - April 12, 2021, 10:52 PM
RE: take me back to a happy place - by Vallkyrie - April 16, 2021, 04:01 PM
RE: take me back to a happy place - by Adrastus - April 17, 2021, 07:47 PM
RE: take me back to a happy place - by Kukutux - April 18, 2021, 01:01 PM
RE: take me back to a happy place - by Antares - April 19, 2021, 01:22 AM
RE: take me back to a happy place - by Lane - April 20, 2021, 12:58 PM