Blacktail Deer Plateau i told you i didn't want to go to this dinner
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer
Prevost is gone.
Peregrine, too.

Guts twisting, heart aching, Mou knew it was only a matter of time before their curse stripped their family away again; misfortune came to them hastily this time around. He had hoped their effort to rescue the unborn from their dead mother would have broken the cycle.

We have to find them, but we need his help. We have to... Tell him. Yes, Mou knew this too. He dreaded what may come of the telling.

Vesper; she tucks herself against her mother first, then seeks her father and hides against the dirt. The shadow of a man appears and Mou cannot help but feel that this is all wrong. All eyes on Phox. Mou's reedy limbs shifted closer to Vesper's sides, looming protectively over her.

He heard his brother's questions and saw the way his face twisted with remorse, how he looked so sad for them. Mou could have been the one to tell him everything, and yet he could feel Vesper's little body huddled so close to him, unable to draw together the right words.

So, he looked to his wife — nervous, of course, but equally apologetic for leaving such a sensitive moment to Maegi's discretion. It always seemed to be this way; the silent ghost haunting a heavy-hearted family.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i told you i didn't want to go to this dinner - by Titmouse (Ghost) - June 24, 2021, 12:44 PM