Blacktail Deer Plateau i told you i didn't want to go to this dinner
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer
What came next was not violence, but calm. Such news would be hard to handle for anyone and the fact this was a Redhawk standing before Mou, not frothing at the bit to tear his throat open all over again, presented a certain denoument that did not fit the scene, at least for the ghost. He was glad to see Phox trying to stomach what had been said; surprised and somewhat relieved when he got down to business inquiring about the other children; but it was Meerkat's instability in the moment that drew Mou's focus next.

That and Vesper. The girl had slunk out from her hiding place and while the gap between Mou's forelimbs cooled, she looked back at both of her parents with a look of utter betrayal. It was an expression that Mou had seen before — worn by Raven, Towhee, and so many others.

As Vesper began to speak Mou ducked and began to move towards her, wanting to bring her back to where she had been sitting before, or to hold her, to be her father — and that was when Meerkat made a similar motion. The man immediately bristled, short tufts of his bleached fur standing on-end while he effectively moved to protect the little shadow.

He would not let harm come to her — effectively becoming an obstacle between the sisters. Once planted there he leveled a final sharp look upon Meerkat and then turned towards Vesper, softening and lowering himself to be on her level, as he often did when putting her to bed.

From there came a quiet, heartfelt murmur of, I'm sorry. She could run, or yell at him, or hit him, but he would be there with her.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i told you i didn't want to go to this dinner - by Titmouse (Ghost) - June 24, 2021, 09:16 PM