Blacktail Deer Plateau i told you i didn't want to go to this dinner
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer
If the end result of this confrontation was going to be the loss of his daughter, Mou wanted to make sure it was known how he felt about the situation, but by no-one more than Vesper; the darkling had become more than just a ward to watch over, but was a big sister to Blueberry, a daughter who was deeply loved.

The lie was hard on Phox and Meerkat but it would be something wholly different to Vesper, potentially something pivotal. Mou knew she was too young to understand. In time the situation might resolve itself; she could have the opportunity to know her blood-family and choose for herself, but for now she was so small; Mou would not let her be taken away and raised among the Redhawks if he could help it.

Perhaps that was a problem for another day. After all, Mi'takes... happen.

He thought of these things while focused on the girl. He could hear Phox moving away from them - heard him command his adult daughter to follow - and with their distance Mou felt a little more at-ease. He welcomed all the kisses that she shared with him, snuffling his nose against her, until Vesper collapsed in a heap against his chest. One limb hooked at her bottom, his one winking eye aligned to her bundled body as he rested his chin on the dirt.

Mou blinked, seeking Maegi's shape - mostly her feet since he didn't want to raise his head again or disturb their daughter. He wanted to wordlessly convey something but wasn't sure how; but motioned a moment later with a quick point of his nose and glance towards where Phox had gone — We're ok here, will you hunt for them too?

The chances of finding the girl's siblings were low, given the Blackfeather's luck.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i told you i didn't want to go to this dinner - by Titmouse (Ghost) - June 25, 2021, 11:28 AM