I just drowned in a warm dream
85 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
All Welcome 
Early Morning; Sunrise
Sunny
75°
Forward dated to 7/10th; Thread title means "Sunlight"

The break of dawn breaches -- over the hills, through forest canopies, and soon enough, the far reaches of Teekon. Songs of morning birds filled summer's warm air and sunlight escaped through the willow's leaves to gently carcass the crane's delicate face. She yawns, stretches, shakes -- then slowly emerges from her den under a willow tree. Eyes of gentle lilac rain peering through dark lashes to wake.

Brecheliant hadn't brought her problems thus far, and everything in the fen remained relatively peaceful during the young crane's stay. Then again, that's how these types of things always started: peaceful -- until everything goes to hell in the end. The place Maia and Eljay had called their own was what Izumi had first approached with enthusiasm, and yet she couldn't help the creeping pessimism that told her it wouldn't last. Like Kaisteloki, the court, her own home -- it wouldn't last forever, and Izu would soon be on the run once again.

Giving one last stretch of her forelimbs, her dark paws skittered out of the den's opening to breathe in morning dew.

The Tale Weaver
Brecheliant
Family
798 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Towhee hadn't been all that responsive during her visit, so Bridget had decided to give the woman and her pack some space. Good deed done, but nothin more for it. Obviously she needed rest; Bridget hadn't seen many snake bites, but it was unnerving that something so small could knock a wolf sideways like that. She'd be givin the things a wider berth after this, that was for sure.

She'd gone for a morning soak and was just now coming back, damp, to begin hunting down an early lunch. She nearly walked past Izumi before doing a complete double take at the familiar pattern of her coat.

No frickin way. Izumi? When did you show up here!? Bridget grinned at the other wolf. I thought you were up north? That pack had sucked, far as Bridget could recall, or at least left a bad taste in her mouth. But Izumi she had liked in the short time she'd known her, and she was thrilled to see her again.
85 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto

Like a frightened feline, she jumped in sync with her raised scruff hairs. The crane had not heard of anyone’s approach while staring off into neverland, and adrenaline pumped feverishly in her chest from the scare. Owlish depths of violet turned to look at who approached, only to be met with a gaze of similar floral hues. In the while that Seelie Court had separated there were many faces that were starting to become blurry – so it took Izumi a minute of hard staring to actually recognize who she’d been looking at.

She blinked.

Then blinked a beat more,

Until her bewildered gaze warmed over like melted snow. No words were spoken as she approached, nor much expression in her placid features – the swaying tail and tongue that kissed underneath the golden girl’s chin were the only things to convey Izu’s recognition.

Bridget!-

The Tale Weaver
Brecheliant
Family
798 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
It was clear that Bridget had startled her. Her smile turned slightly apologetic, but did not lose any friendliness. Then she laughed lightly.

I forgot how chatty you were, she teased affectionately. It was sort of Bridget's MO to proceed as if no time had passed since they last spoke. Still, her tail waved happily as she got what was, actually, a surprisingly enthusiastic greeting. She hadn't been expecting her to actually come forward or, really, react. It was good to see her.

You... seem well, anyway! And signed on to Brecheliant. Couldn't resist my charms and decided to follow after all? Shit, it was too tempting. And it helped that Izumi was gorgeous as all get out.

She gave a slight, playful wink, then paused and waited. Who knew if she'd get any kind of story? But she was curious what her friend had been up to all this time, and what actually brought her here.
85 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto

It wasn't often that Izumi expressed any outward emotions to this extent, but her actions today were somewhat involuntary. After all, the girl had been thoroughly convinced that she lost everyone that actually mattered to her and that there was no choice but to move on. So to see Bridget here after so much time evaporated all the doubts Izu had about them coming back.

She took a moment to press her head against the woman's chest, taking in her friend's warmth and the rhythm of her heartbeats, and would soon pull away with a soft, relieved sigh.

"I didn't even know you were still her, I....thought all of the court left the Teekons." the crane said softly, trailing her gaze to find the blonde woman's lilac ones. "The others....are they here as well?"

The Tale Weaver
Brecheliant
Family
798 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Bridget warmed up considerably when Izumi embraced her by pressing up to her chest. She couldn't help it; she was a girl who crushed easily and, when she did, usually also crushed hard. Izumi was gorgeous, stately, and a hell of a mystery. Despite the prickle of heat under her pelt, Bridget pulled her in without hesitation for a long and enthusiastic hug. She didn't release until Izumi pulled away.

Just Teya. Bridget replied, thinking now of the others. Sundance came with originally, but he left not long after. I don't know where the rest went. She assumed that, wherever they were, they'd found happiness too.

She tilted her head and gave Izumi another look over, this time making sure that she really did seem okay. No injuries? No sign she was sick? Where were you, before this? How did you end up finding Brecheliant?
85 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto

Izumi was a strange individual, come to find out. Despite being her reserved, quite self -- she couldn't help but be strangly drawn towards a woman who seemed to be the very opposite of her. Bright, bubbly, sociable -- what was once jealousy morphed into adoration before her very eyes. Perhaps Izumi was a little too happy to see the lilac eyed sunflower again...

The mention of Sundance was just as brief as his apparent presence; appeared only to dissappear again. In comparison to the mention of @Teya, the talk of a man she rarely knew that much did little to interest her. Her and Teya had not talk much in the past, as the two seemed too afraid to even talk with exchange words with each other -- but they interacted, at least. And any friend of Bridget was one Izu assumed could be trusted too.

"I...left the Teekons after a while...after the second pack that I joined ended in ruins..." Izu answered reluctantly with averted eyes. Seeing the she-wolf's gaze search her body, a plush tail slowly swept over her hock to hide the hairless display of new skin from her last injury -- she was still self conscious about it. "I left to seek my family, and when I could find them I returned and found...this place..."

The Tale Weaver
Brecheliant
Family
798 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Bridget did take note of the injury while she paid attention to Izumi's story. She felt a not-so-small flare of anger on her friend's behalf, but it seemed old enough that it wasn't troubling her too much now. Better safe than sorry? Also, who the fuck dared.... because if they came sniffing around again, she'd snatch their face for it. No exaggeration.

The hypocrisy of this still didn't land. Self awareness? Who is she?

That when that happened? She asked, gesturing. Here, let me take a look. She took a step forward, but did wait for consent before fully inspecting. Some wolves were real jumpy around medics and she wasn't jonesing for a bite. It sounded a bit like Izumi wasn't keen on giving the full detail, but she'd pry as gently as she could.

And then I cut a bitch. As any responsible medic would - let's be real.