Lost Creek Hollow Among the flowers, we just let the days pass by
THREADS: 1 / 1
PLAYER PREFERENCES
238 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
All Welcome 
With no one left at the Caldera and no particular reason to hang around in one place, Alyx spent the early winter wandering alone and feasting on voles and snowshoe hares when she could catch them. Having spent a considerable amount of time traveling of late, this was no big change from her norm. The occasional snowstorms were a problem, sure, and sometimes the bitter cold at night dampened her spirits. Most of the time, she was just fine.

So when loneliness began to surge in her on a daily basis, she was taken aback. When little things began to irritate her more than usual, she was confused. It drove Alyx to wander farther and farther with each day in search of company to help settle her mercurial moods. She was certain all she needed was a good hang with some good wolves and she would be right as rain again.

Yet company proved difficult to find. Packs remained close to their territories in this dismal season, and many were drawn away to the north where the caribou roamed, which Alyx was unaware of as he strode briskly through the quiet forest, unaware of most of the rivulets and streams buried beneath the snow.
merry and bright
43 Posts
Ooc — H2O
neon is springy on her feet, bounding from snow pile to snow pile in a graceful yet playful manner. today is another day, full of freedom and joy, and thus it is a day worth cherishing and being thankful for. it appears that she has entered a new landscape, as this one smells more pungent of life than the other places she has found herself lurking through.

of course, the bodega wolf is nothing but excited. and so, her springy gait continues to push her forward. it had been quite some time since she had run into another soul, but thankfully this could change in a matter of a few days to even hours. the girl sometimes would wonder if she scared people off with her larger size, though she tries to forget the notion and instead put the best foot forward each day.

thankfully, the universe has cast good fortune upon her! up ahead, someone who is clearly not as camouflaged in the snow like the noble gas is herself. instead, she resembles a creature found scuttering on the forest floors. her tail wags behind her as rose quartz eyes lock onto the figure.

"you sure have a pretty coat!" she calls out to the other, hoping to encourage a bit of interaction.
[Image: giphy.gif]
PLAYER PREFERENCES
238 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
The crunch of pawsteps alerted Alyx mere moments before the other wolf called out a boisterous greeting. It always amazed her how white wolves could blend into the background in winter. Neon went entirely unnoticed despite those pink eyes and coal black nose, so when Alyx's attention was called to her, it was as though Neon stepped directly out of a snow bank.

Daaamn, she exclaimed, immediately adopting the other woman's sprightly attitude with a wagging tail, thanks, girl! Wow, you really just popped outta nowhere! She ought to have been paying more attention to her surroundings, but besides the creep with a death wish, Alyx had never met an unfriendly wolf. There were other threats, of course. The scar on her throat attested to it. Alas, she wasn't as suspicious as most loners.

I really like your eyes! she said, leaning forward to peer at Neon's unique pink irises. That's so cool, I've never seen them that colour before. I'm Alyx, by the way, she added with a grin.
merry and bright
43 Posts
Ooc — H2O
popping out of nowhere tends to be neon's gig, considering the woman just disappears in the winter. she kind of likes it this way, probably because the girl spent time terrorizing her parents by vanishing in the games of hide and seek that they use to play during her youth. she fits in now, but once all of the other seasons roll by, she'll stick out like a sore thumb. 

though, neon doesn't quite understand how this girl, alyx as she introduces herself, doesn't get complimented more. though, when her eyes are snagged into the conversation, neon flashes a smile. "some people find them pretty, other people think I'm an evil spirit. honestly, I leave it up for interpretation." it's already such a good sign that her first wolf is someone friendly like her, hopefully the others who inhabit this place are very much so like alyx.

"I'm neon, it's nice to meet a friendly face like you out here. i kinda... just got here and don't know much about this place. do you live around here?" yea, a place to live neon, you're gonna have to figure that out at some point if you intend to stay around here. hopefully, the redhawk had enough knowledge of a few places so neon would know where to look.
[Image: giphy.gif]
PLAYER PREFERENCES
238 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
That's whack. Evil spirits don't even exist! She plopped backward on her haunches, giving Neon ample room after her close-up inspection of her eyes. Fennec would box her around the ears for saying evil spirits didn't exist. Alyx believed there were only good spirits in the world. Sure, lots of bad things happened, nothing was sunshine and rainbows forever and boy did she know it... but that was some other force entirely, not spirits. That was what she believed.

Nope! I don't live anywhere, just kinda go with the wind, y'know? she answered, still quite cheerful despite the change of topic. It was nice to run into someone fun like this chick. My family used to live at Redhawk Caldera, thatta way, she gestured vaguely in the direction of the Caldera beyond the mountains, but they all left for some reason. Now there's no one there. Oh, there's Sapphique by the sea, if you like the sea!

For someone who was born and raised in the Teekons, Alyx knew precious little about the packs of the area. You lookin' for something specific?