The Sentinels come on, make it easy, say i never mattered.
529 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Her response bothered him. Not because she didn't roll her eyes at him and begrudgingly agree to stick around even though he could tell she was happy to (which was the typical react), but because of the way she spoke about herself. Like she was some broken, beaten thing that didn't deserve to do and say what she wanted. Penn felt his anger flare, but not at Bronco. He found himself suddenly annoyed with her.

"Would you cut that shit out?" Penn said, though some small part of him recognized that this was probably not the way to get her to want to stay with him, "What's with the self-loathing, wallowing in pity all woe is me crap? Is this all because of fuckin' Bronco? Fuck that guy! Life spat in your face the moment you were born by giving you fucked up eyeballs and all I have ever seen you do is give it the middle finger every day of your life since by marching around like it's nothing, proving to everyone without even trying that the ability to see is overrated."

"You are the most ballsy, confident, arrogant, headstrong, infuriating chick I have ever met," Penn continued, stepping towards her, "Since when do you care if some fucking jack ass like Bronco is too stupid to see how mind-boggling incredible that makes you? I know you're better than that." He stared at her, waiting for her reaction. He could see it going many different ways, most of them ending in violence. But he didn't care. That was the thing he'd always admired most about Fennec--he never had to worry about hurting her feelings. She was made of steel.

Or at least, she had been.
Messages In This Thread
come on, make it easy, say i never mattered. - by Penn - April 09, 2022, 08:05 PM
RE: come on, make it easy, say i never mattered. - by Penn - April 15, 2022, 03:29 PM