Fairspell Meadow A miserable hunt
"I used to be so afraid of looking into the night sky, so vast.. so deep.."
27 Posts
Ooc — Peppermint
All Welcome 
@Atka Tsimshian if you want.  Otherwise, anyone is welcome.

Latte stalked through the tall grass, gaze trained on a rabbit that was nibbling on a berry that had fallen from a bush.  Narrowing her large brown eyes, she made a wildly uncoordinated leap at the rodent that she hoped would become her dinner.  The dream of a full belly was cut short, however, when the grassy ground suddenly become mere centimeters away and... "Yow!"   Latte's yelp cut through the air as she landed on her snout and tumbled off into a prickly bush, where she flopped onto the ground in defeat.  

She hadn't expected to catch it, of course--Latte's hunting skills, or, rather, lack thereof, had become quite apparent in the days she had spent wandering the hills, searching for a sign of her family--but it was still disappointing.  If only she was back with her owners... they had given her plenty of food...

I may not be comfortable with certain topics due to the fact that I am a minor.  Cursing and suggestive or sexual behavior (beyond simple romance), even in-character, is a definite no for me.  If you wouldn't be comfortable posting something knowing that there may be a child reading it, do not post it during a roleplay with me.  :)

Latte gives out compliments like grandmas give out candy.  She sees the beauty in almost everything, I promise you that she is not flirting with your character.  Like, seriously, she compliments snails. 

Loner
234 Posts
Ooc — bee
Atka's head and ears perked up, nose twitching as she tried to process the scent of the dog, new to her. Once her gaze had settled on the lilac coat that was almost swallowed by the tall grasses, she stopped in her tracks. She had picked up on the scent of the rodent, assuming a hunt was about to take place, but moments later she was proven wrong. Atka stiffled a laugh at the outcome, the dog was nothing scary so she figured approaching it would do no harm. She was not usually one to go out of her way to introduce herself, but a lack of hunting skills in Teekon Wilds could turn into starvation fast.

❝Hey,❞ She chirped out a soft greeting, staying her usual comfortable distance she gave with new wolves, or in this case, dog.

❝Perhaps you'd like some help?❞
[Image: dcm9zur-d3aafd96-e9dd-475b-8fff-3c9c9da5...N13Rk97sII]
27 Posts
Ooc — Peppermint
Latte hopped up so fast that a couple thorny branches snagged her fur and stuck to it.  A wolf!  Memories of large vicious canines bringing down deer while Latte hid in the shadows came crashing through her mind, along with a long list of ways that the wolf could be planning to kill her.  But... wait, the wolf didn't look like it was about to eat her...  After a moment, the stranger's words made their way through Latte's mind.  She wanted to... help?   That didn't sound terribly diabolical.  

Moon eyed, Latte took a shaky step back.  "U-um, maybe...?"  If she hadn't been so concerned about being cannibalized, Latte might have felt awkward, but right now, the simple--and possibly stupid-- words were all her dry throat could manage.

I may not be comfortable with certain topics due to the fact that I am a minor.  Cursing and suggestive or sexual behavior (beyond simple romance), even in-character, is a definite no for me.  If you wouldn't be comfortable posting something knowing that there may be a child reading it, do not post it during a roleplay with me.  :)

Latte gives out compliments like grandmas give out candy.  She sees the beauty in almost everything, I promise you that she is not flirting with your character.  Like, seriously, she compliments snails. 

Loner
234 Posts
Ooc — bee
❝No bad intentions here, I promise.❞ Atka's head tilted as she analyzed the fearful body language.

Atka was very small for a wolf, surely she wasn't that intimidating? She paused for a moment, studying the dog. Stopping herself with a blink she faced away, nose tilted to the air for any other creatures on the meadow.

❝Well for one you saved yourself lots of trouble getting up close, they change directions so fast they're hard to catch alone, even for experienced hunters.❞ She huffed, tail giving a few swift wags as she recognized the scent of rabbit was more that present in this area.
27 Posts
Ooc — Peppermint
"Oh...!  Really?"  Latte perked up a bit.  Was this a compliment?  

Latte wasn't sure.  "You can never be sure with wolves."  That's what her mother had always told her.  But Latte could never seem to be sure with dogs either.  She probably could if she really tried, but who had that kind of energy?  Her time was better spent doing more interesting things, though right now Latte wished she had put in the effort.

Loner
234 Posts
Ooc — bee
Atka nodded, a light expression on her face. This dog's energy and personality was refreshing to her, the heaviness on her shoulders seemed absent in her short conversation.

❝Of course,❞ She dipped her head, not fully turning her head, but glancing at the collie. ❝What's your name?❞
27 Posts
Ooc — Peppermint
Latte sat down, wincing painfully at some of the thorns stuck in her tail.  "I'm Latte!"  She said brightly, fear (mostly) forgotten.  

This wolf seemed nice enough, and not at all like she wanted to eat Latte.  Maybe she'd have a friend!  A very pretty one, too... in her panic, Latte hadn't realized just how majestic the she-wolf was.  Sleek, shiny, and colored like the hot milk foam that her owners used to give her--Latte didn't think that she'd ever be as beautiful as a wolf, especially this one.  "Who are you?"

Loner
234 Posts
Ooc — bee
❝La-❞ Atka paused, brows furrowed as she tried to pronounce the name, ❝-tay.❞

It sounded odd in her mouth, but she figured she'd figure it out eventually.

❝Forgive me if I butchered that, I'm Atka.❞ She finally responded to Latte's question, tail offering a slight wag.

Atka took a few steps forward, eyes scanning the dog for discomfort as she did so, not wanting to frighten the collie. She lowered her head, attempting to pull the few thorns she could get from the dogs tail.

❝Does it sting?❞ Atka said, spitting a thorn from her mouth.

She was able to see the dog clearly from up close, she'd never seen a wolf with such a long coat, the patterns included. Atka did not see it as a negative thing, in fact she was in awe at the sight, it was well maintained for a creature residing in Teekon Wilds.
27 Posts
Ooc — Peppermint
"Atka."  It was a good name, Latte thought.  

Saying it felt like ice snapping in her mouth.  She almost yipped in surprise when Atka came near, but relaxed as soon as she realized what the she-wolf was doing.  In fact, she even felt a bit bad.  She had only just met Atka and barely deserved her help--still, Latte let her proceed.  

"A bit."  Latte admitted in answer to Atka's question, only just realizing it herself.  It didn't hurt a lot, but just enough to make her wince.  "I like your fur.  Wolves have such thick fur...I bet you spend all your time grooming it.  Mine gets all tangled when I don't." 
Loner
234 Posts
Ooc — bee
Atka felt no offense to the yip, her ears simply angling at Latte as she spoke while pulling what remained of the thorns out, licking over the scratches before pulling back with a sigh.

❝Thank you,❞ Atka's tail thumped at the compliment, her white coat was indeed, hard to keep white.

❝I'd assume your fur gets you caught on many things. I guess beauty like yours has a price.❞ She said with a slight tilt of her head and a smile, still admiring the dog's coat.

Atka blinked after her short stare, standing up and taking a few steps away to sniff the air again. Her tail wagged again as she found a clear trail to a hopefully unknowing rabbit.

❝At least we're downwind.❞
369 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Guardian

Hope you don't mind me tossing him in so late! He will appear from across the Akashingo border and be under the assumption the two are close enough for him to see. If anything needs to be altered, let me know ^^

The mesa was often quiet. It saved Khaba the trouble from having to perform any task greater than a simple patrol. Skirmishes were fun, but not if done for the wrong reasons. Even in the beast's eyes, harm to another was only meant for when they sought violent conflict.
Today, the mesa was still quiet. But as for the surrounding territories... not so much.
Traipsing along the borders, the traveling mazoi halted upon the sound of a booming yelp. He couldn't quite make sense of it so soon, thus, he chose to proceed and find the cause of such a sound.
A few gallops down, a pair of voices strung towards his ear. Tilting his snout downward over the small slope, the beast then made out the shapes of what appeared to be another wolf and a not-so-much looking wolf below. 
To them, he called. Though struggling, he somehow made out a hefty, baritone thick bark. It had been a while since he'd found the need to so, hence the odd feeling.
He waited now for them to hear and acknowledge that they were no longer alone.
silence at the
proper season is
wisdom and
better than any
speech.

27 Posts
Ooc — Peppermint
Latte glowed from the praise, opening her mouth and letting her pink tongue poke out in the sort of silly grin that was typical of dogs.  She loved giving compliments, it made her feel nice and cozy inside, it was a feeling of satisfaction that only came from making someone else smile.  It also helped that compliments were hard to do wrong.  Latte's tail was wagging as well when she stood up and watched Atka.  Atka was nice, a lot nicer than some of the wolves she'd met.  Maybe she could even be Latte's friend! 

Unfortunately, it was right at that moment that that Khaba's bark, a much less nice sound, reached Latte's ears.  The dog froze, head whipping around to lock eyes with the wolf.  That was her first mistake.  The beast hulked like a brown bear, complete with a thick dark coat--except this wolf had silver eyes that felt like they were piercing into Latte's soul.  Latte couldn't look away from them, they held her like a trembling mouse with nowhere to run.  "U-um... Atka..?"  

Loner
234 Posts
Ooc — bee
Atka's eyes flitted to the corner of her sight, her head turning as she'd seen the wolf. She extended her neck forward, trying to catch a scent from the wolf. He did not smell like any of the others she'd met. She tried to catch Latte's eyes before taking a few steps forward, hopefully reassuring the dog they'd be alright. Atka did not want to be confrontational to the wolf, but she still placed herself in front of Latte, unknowing of this wolf's intentions. Nontheless, she offered a small wag of her tail, perhaps he was friendly as well.

❝Hello,❞ She said, hopefully loud enough for him to hear while her head tilted slightly.

She looked the stoic wolf up and down, his size was comparable to the beasts of The Heartwood. Atka hoped they had not strayed onto any claimed territory, prepared to spill apologies if he confirmed her fear. However, as threatening as this wolf could look, his nature did not seem malicious.
369 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Guardian

Both looked to him rather quickly, one with a facade encased in fear and the other with politeness. She even spoke out to him. A small, sincere greeting.
Flicking an ear, Khaba took a step closer to the border markings. Once directly over the line, the beast swiped a heavy paw against the dirt, flinging a few capsules of earth. This was as far as he would walk nearer and a boundary they could not cross. They still held distance, but now they would know where they were forbidden to go.
The mazoi watched them carefully now, waiting for some indication that the hint was made clear.
silence at the
proper season is
wisdom and
better than any
speech.

27 Posts
Ooc — Peppermint
Latte tore her gaze away from Khaba's and jumped as the great wolf's paw struck the ground, afraid, for a fleeting moment, that she was his target.  But then... what was the wolf doing?  Could it be a threat?  A code?  A message?  Latte glanced at Atka.  She seemed calm enough... and Atka seemed smart.  Smarter than her, at any rate.  "Who are you?"  The dog asked in a voice almost as small and quaky as she felt right now.  

Latte hated herself for not being as brave as Atka, but what was she supposed to do?  She was just a pathetic little dog who had gotten herself lost.

Loner
234 Posts
Ooc — bee
Atka knew what the wolf was implying.

❝Don't fret, we have no intentions of trespassing.❞ She said coolly, brow quirked as he drew his mighty paw across the dirt.

The fur along her neck pricked as his silver eyes bore into her and the dog beside her. He was an intimidating wolf, but Atka hoped her nervousness would not show. He had not outwardly threatened them, but did not seem like he wished to be friendly, engage in idle chat.

❝I go by Atka, this is Latte.❞ She said beside Latte's question.

Atka's ears perked as the pair waited for a response.
369 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Guardian
My apologies for such a short post! Trying to get a majority of my threads finished up, lol. This will be the last from me!

They understood. Or, so they said. It was enough for the mazoi to find satisfaction. Plus, now he knew their scents well. If they ever did return, he would know that he had once been fair before being forced to act against their incompetence or neglect of his warning.
Now both spoke, the shyer one snatching away a bit of confidence from their companion. And with words, questions came. 
It had been a long day. Khaba was in no mood to somehow explain his inability to answer. So, with no other options — or, none that he cared to attempt — the beast simply turned his frame and began his journey further back into the mesa.
silence at the
proper season is
wisdom and
better than any
speech.

27 Posts
Ooc — Peppermint
So sorry for the lateness of this post.
With every step that Khaba took away from her, more feeling flooded back into Latte's white paws.  Despite her relief, she couldn't help feeling even more confused than before.  What was the point, then?  Had the mysterious wolf just... shown up, threatened them, and then left, all without speaking a word?  Maybe wolves were just weird.  This idea seemed fairly plausible, especially since Atka appeared to have understood.

"Did he just... leave?"  Latte's doe-eyed gaze was filled with bewilderment.

Loner
234 Posts
Ooc — bee
apologies, i have just only realized i had not responded to this thread. we can continue if you'd like! (i know its months late though so no worries if not lol)

❝We are not welcome past that point, and he said that without words.❞ Atka's brow furrowed as she watched the beast turn away.

She briefly closed her eyes and shook her head, turning back to the dog with a smile. Resuming her scan of the layout of the meadow Atka sighed again.

❝Would you rather try our luck at some larger game or something smaller?❞ The pair could try their luck at a smaller deer, were they lucky enough to find one.

Atka didn't know how they would fair, but they could try. She was a decent hunter, and despite her size her agility and row of teeth proved efficient. Perhaps she could pass down some needed tips to the dog if she was to roam Teekon Wilds alone.