Lion Head Mesa Hapi
Akashingo
NPC
74 Posts
Ooc — Teo
All Welcome 
For @Qiao maybe?

Bayek breathed heavily as he trotted in from his patrol. The cold air allowed him to keep a swift pace, covering the extent of the mesa’s border. His course had been long. He had ended near the catacombs feeling winded and restless.

The dark wolf made his way toward the caverns. When he had reached the wellspring, he slowed his pace and sniffed at the earth. Bayek thought he might look for the Jodai. He was certain that Khaba would have tasks for him. It would be beneficial to seek the dark wolf after the Medjay had finished his tour on the borders. He knew that the Jodai wanted him busying himself.

Amethyst eyes looked to the hallway.
Loner
burying them there while we carry on.
318 Posts
Ooc —
from the wellspring's waters qiao pulled a saturated braid of gaultheria. there was some fondness in her gaze as she observed its sodden leaves. bundling it in damp deerskin, qiao made her way towards the hall.

a figure darkened the chambers. at first qiao's gaze grew cold, imagining it khaba -- but this silhouette was of a different bent, of moderate statue and an exposed upper tooth. in the shadowy room his eyes gleamed like brooding orchids on a vine.

she sought the beholder of such striking amethyst eyes, placing her bundle to the ground. hale, mazoi.
Akashingo
NPC
74 Posts
Ooc — Teo
A voice hailed him. Bayek’s eyes lifted to the earthy features of a woman with dangerous eyes. She was sharp in her appearance. When she spoke to him, her voice commanded without volume.

The Medjay had not met this woman. Her coat carried scents from far away. He had no question for her place in Akashingo, though. The mudbrown man bowed his head graciously to her. Amethyst eyes fell on the items she had been carrying.

Greetings, his rough voice answered. Do you need any assistance?

Dutiful, Bayek kept his eyes trained on the parcel for a moment long before drawing his head up.
Loner
318 Posts
Ooc —
this one's mein was softer than khaba's. yet qiao thought no less dangerous. khaba's forthrightness had set her on edge -- this man, whatever his purpose in the red halls of akashingo, wore courtesy in the manner of a golden cloak.

no, i do not. qiao ushered in a simple smile. but if you would like to walk with me a while, perhaps you can tell me of all that i missed during my travels. she paused between the redstone arches with a deep bow. i am qiao, hemet to akashingo and ramesses' spice-trader.
Akashingo
NPC
74 Posts
Ooc — Teo
It is a pleasure to meet you, Hemet.

She was of importance to Akashingo. The Medjay was careful to show his respects.

When she bid him to walk with her, Bayek followed obediently. She wished to know about the things that had happened in her absence. At this, his lips turned down into a thoughtful frown. He had not engaged with many of the happenings in the mesa. His mind and heart had been set to work. When the Medjay was not patrolling the edges of the claim, he was seeking to teach the crown prince.

I have been tasked with teaching the prince Makono. She is a good student and has a good heart for her people, he said, voice quiet. But I am not certain I will have many things to share, madam Hemet. I have spent my time here in work.

The man’s eyes shifted from her face. Bayek wished to know more about her spice trading, but he was not certain it was within his right to ask.
Loner
318 Posts
Ooc —
their walk would be transactional. he fed her little combs of honey, she fed him bits of jagged meat. he shared he taught the crown prince. qiao wished to learn more of this matter, but sensed bayek's constitution was most proper.

all good traits in a crown prince. qiao walked briskly. there is a saying where i am from -- when the buffalo quarrel, it is the grass that suffers. she turned a glance sidelong to see if he understood. i apologize i was gone so long. the routes proved difficult to secure; there is one tradesman who.. ah.. needed some convincing. tradesmen are not like our crown prince, medjay. their hearts are often rotten.