Moonspear You got nowhere to run
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Down across the flat lands and up through the slope, Nasamik made her way into the place known as Moonspear. A pale white fur was lain across her shoulders, and a limp rabbit dangled within her jaws.

Along the mountain, she wandered until she had found @Sialuk there.

I hear that you intend to bring life to the village here that once was. Whispers traveled quickly in Moonglow.

Gently, the carcass of the rabbit was set before the woman. A sincere offering. What was Moonspear like, then? Then she asked, curious of the history Sialuk may have had here.
pregnancy (9/9)
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
There was no secrecy in Sialuk's intention, and she welcomed the younger woman with a smile and a wave of her tail. Moonglow would be a sister village to Moonspear, and the raindrop knew their people would mingle with ease. Aya, she responded, confirming what the mountain wished of her.

To think of Moonspear before, felt strange. A dream which had come to be a nightmare on its last day. The strange storm felt as though it clouded Sialuk's memories of before, but she reached far back through the fog to see them.

My grandmother and grandfather held this village for many years, she said. Then, my aunt and her husband. Their ways were different from Kukutux—from mine—but I remember them with fondness. Sialuk paused, ear to the wind. Lowering her voice, she continued. Some days you can hear their voices whisper on the wind.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
so sorry for the short reply! just got to work... will hopefully get longer ones going later.

Nasamik offered a smile of warmth in return, nodding her head briefly.

It sounded like it was a village well kept. But of your intentions— will you keep the village the way of Kukutux, or of your family before?
pregnancy (9/9)
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
It was a forward question, though the raindrop found she did not mind. Directness had benefits. Kukutux is my family, she replied, I had not met my first year when the mountain village fell, and those older who lived past the strange storm have scattered far and wide. Only Kukutux and Sialuk had remained close after all this time.

Village of Moonspear will be the way of Sialuk, she decided with a clever grin.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
She enjoyed hearing the words of Sialuk. To talk tales of family and history with another was a pleasant thing.

Of Sialuk. Nasamik smiled. I like the sound of that. The village of Sialuk will surely be a wondrous place.
pregnancy (9/9)
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Sialuk nodded in thanks.

Tell me of your time in Moonglow, she said, settling into a seat and curling her tail so it might cover her toes. It had been many months since Sialuk had lived there, and while she had heard much news from Kukutux, she wished to hear more from this woman who lived there.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
It has been short, but rather pleasant. To know there are villages in existence so similar to the one I once knew... it was an astonishing find for me, if I am honest. Of course, things in Moonglow are a bit different... but it will be this way anywhere.

Pausing, Nasamik shook her body gently, freeing herself of the thin blanket of snow that had fallen.

I have told Kukutux I would stay, rather travel afar, so that I may learn more of her ways and further myself as a hunting woman of the north. An inquisitive gaze then found Sialuk. Perhaps I may even learn a few things from you and Moonspear, once things have settled a bit.
pregnancy (9/9)
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Sialuk listened, her attention squarely on Nasamik as she spoke of her time in Moonglow. It was odd to hear a near stranger speak of it, as Sialuk had once helped anaa build the foundations of the spine. The work had been difficult in all that had come before, but she was glad to have done it. Moonglow was strong now, with many men and women to keep its hearth. It was a thing of itself, no longer a shadow of what Moonspear once was.

Ah, that is good! Anaa is good teacher. She spoke of Moonspear then, and Sialuk's eyes brightened. It would be good to see your face upon Moonspear, she said. Those of village Moonglow would always be welcome upon the slopes.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO