Stone Circle Silver
The Protector
48 Posts
Ooc — Liv
All Welcome 
For anyone wanting to help Ulfhild, I am NPC-ing this random blackbear encounter! Please feel free to ping me in Discord if anyone wants to plan something with this <333

The shieldmaiden prowled through the claim of the Heim, taking her time to mark the borders as she went.
There was much going on, and yet little at the same time.
None of it was yet hers to help with however.
She had not been asked, and so, did not offer.
Butting into others' business uninvited never went well, and this she knew from careful observation as well as her own experience, at least once when she was still a pup.
And so, she had learned quickly to mind her own and nobody else's.

Ulfhild paused as she looked upon what seemed to be a black bear nosing around.
It wasn't as big as a Grizzly, not nearly, but her hackles raised as golden hues glared upon it all the same.
Her body was stiff, tense, as she drew herself into a cautious prowl, lip wrinkling as she came closer to investigate the bear getting into one of the Heim's caches!

Ulfhild's protective nature flared as she launched forward with an explosive snarl, teeth snapping at the bear's face as she planted herself firmly over the assaulted cache of prey to shield it from the now-startled ursine.

Her posture and growling declared a very loud yet nonverbal MINE as she faced down the ebony-furred creature.
Protect the Weak, Purge the Evil
Kvarsheim
Systkini
136 Posts
Ooc — Neoma
All was peaceful in Kvarsheim for a time. His weight had been drastically increasing by day. No more was he as scrawny and thin as he once was. Even his coat was beginning to have a sheen to it, and with every step he took, it was as if he was being reborn into a new body. New skin. With new passion and flaring desires bubbling in his gut.

With a trotting gait, that fiery stare with amber lit ablaze set into them, his eyes darted themselves on a woman of pearl, and that same woman placing herself down on their hard-earned prey. No thought, no singular action or idea was made that was not immediately revolving around slamming himself out in front of Ulfhild. His hairs were on end, and nasty, violent barks met with snaps that were meant to land. Bonario didn't bluff, and he certainly didn't give a damn about being right inside of the line of flares.

Theirs.
The Protector
48 Posts
Ooc — Liv
The bear let out a rumbling huff as Ulfhild made her way to advance, only for one of their newest members to plant himself directly between her and the threat!
Given Ulfhild's first encounter with Bonnie when Tauris and Gunnar were there, she did not anticipate the boldness of the boy.
And yet a swirl of pride and sense of comradery swelled in the shieldmaidens chest at the protective display from Bonnie.

The blackbear of course, was the opposite of happy right now. 
A low roar from the ursine, as it swiped a paw at Bonario's face, ears flattened to its head.

Ulfhild pulled herself up beside Bonnie, standing shoulder to shoulder with him as she continued to snap at the bear, aiming to work with Bonnie to try and drive the bear backwards, assuming of course the bear's paw didn't connect with Bonario!
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
The roars didn't go unheard by the patriarch of the pack and with swiftness he had forgotten he once bore he raced to the help of his littles as he felt. All these wolves were his to care for. His to protect. A family.

There was flames in his eyes and years of training bled into his movements. He came from the other side. Bonnie who he was emensely proud of at the moment and Ulfhild who always had his pride faced off. He attacked the other side. Remembering what his mother had taught him. Stay in its blind spot, snarl, growl, ram snap back up. Like an age old dance.

he can be hurt a bit is okay and feel free to slightly pp him if you need
<i>Set and Avatar from JAVA</i>
Kvarsheim
Systkini
136 Posts
Ooc — Neoma
When the bear went to smack him, he was quick on his hind legs to jump away, scrambling back up and lunging repeatedly at its legs to try and land nips. He only backed up and failed most of those attempts from trying to avoid getting swiped or grabbed.

Warning bark after bark, saliva spinning out his lips. He had not the experience of Gunnar. He was young, knew no bounds, was reckless and wild. All he saw was a tunnel vision on biting, lunging and skidding away until there was an end. Gunnar, Ulfhild, he could hardly see in this view of violent red, but his body worked together with them. It joined them.

It was a synchronized back and forth. Ancient and instinctive to beings who offered loyalty. And while he cared not where he bit or when he lunged, spare for obvious paths that might kill him, he knew how to work. Bonnie was not one to back down.

This bear could royally piss itself to death.
The Protector
48 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Doing some minor PP of Gunnar landing bites to the bear, please ping me if I need to edit anything Danni! <333

Ulfhild's pride swelled greatly in her breast as Gunnar, too, came to the scene!
He was ferocious in his own right, even as an Elder.
The Shieldmaiden's gaze flicked briefly to Bonnie a he danced away from the claws of the blackbear, avoiding its touch.

The bear roared with wrath as it felt the teeth of the Alpha tearing in, to which the ursine whirled and swiped for Gunnar's head in retaliation-!

Ulfhild saw red in that moment and immediately charged the blackbear with a savage, ungodly roar, aiming to throw all her weight into it as she sunk her teeth harshly into the meat of its cheek upon impact.

The Blackbear will be retreating in my next post if that's fine with everyone?
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
I'm fine with it all.

A great paw came towards him and he jumped back. Not before it caught his ear and in a spray of blood it was mostly missing. But he continued doggedly forward. The warm bitter saltiness sliding down his head and into his throat fur.

The smell was overpowering of copper and Bear. The musky odor of such things. However, he fought to keep it's attention while the other two attacked from the front. As quick as he could he danced forward. Snapping and bitting. A tug to it's side. Another to it's forearm. Then dance backward.

Ulfhild went towards it's face. Bonnie full of piss and vinegar continued to stay between and snap and bark. His eyes a little crazy in his head.
Kvarsheim
Systkini
136 Posts
Ooc — Neoma

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: lil bit of violence!

Sorry for the delay! Fine by me.

What he could not refrain himself from thinking about, however, was going for the bears tail. He thought about it. He thought how good of a prize it'd be to throw around his neck in vine. Thought about removing it from the bears body just because he could. His bites kept going to lock onto the bears hind legs, and if he landed, he'd continue to try and land again, again, again and again while chunks of the bears pelt built up in his mouth. When Bonnie bit, he did not bite to warn. He didn't bite to simply make something flee and take off, but it was clear he intended to cause more than just pain.
 When Bonnie bit, he tossed his head back and tried to rip off skin, flesh, and anything he could, as if the live animal was a long dead carcass. Why would he care? Why would he care when it had invaded their home, their food, and their business. He went in at a high, and never left it.

Anything, even if unneeded, to bring it more harm. Had he not learned a minor lesson from being too close to its front, he'd have gone for its face.
The Protector
48 Posts
Ooc — Liv
To the bear, the cache was no longer worth the rage of three wolves, and potentially more on the way!
Especially with the wild rage of the pale she-wolf as she landed a savage blow to the ursine's cheek with sharp teeth, nearly knocking the black beast over with the show of force. 
Bonnie and Gunnar definitely helped settle the reality of the matter into the young bear's mind. 
Thus- 
Reeling and ripping itself free of Ulfhild's jaw, the bear grunted and half-heartedly roared as it skittered backwards many paces, turned, and ran as fast as it could to anywhere the fuck else, leaving behind a grisly chunk of flesh and fur on the grasses as a token of the bear's hasty retreat. 

Ulfhild tailed it for several yards with a snarling series of barks and flashing fangs to further the point before she finally turned, returning to Gunnar and Bonnie with concern in her amber gaze. 

"Both okay?" She uttered in her thick accent, glancing over Gunnar's mangled ear with a look of worry, the same glance offered to Bonnie to assure he was at least alive.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Ulfhild ran after the bear and Gunnar didn't give chase. As right then a particular throbbing pain ran the length of his head and side of his left jaw.

Red sluiced down over that side of his face obscuring his vision in that eye and a taste of salt and bitterness on his tongue.

He shifted and with the eye currently not covered in blood he looked for aomething to stem the bleeding for now. Nearby a range of trees and he slowly walked towards it.

Feeling his age. After all wolves his age shouldn't really be fighting bears, but well what was he to do when precious loves of Kvarsheim were in danger. Exactly what he did thats what.

He pawed at some moss there and tried to press it to his ear. It didn't work really well because of his legs and paws. But it was enough for now. He hoped.