Dragoncrest Cliffs Leather Jacket
Loner
335 Posts
Ooc — Jess
All Welcome 
BWP: Crabs! Thousands of Crabs!!

Suzu chatted away with Ravin as she led him down toward Siren's Bay, where she would show him her fish trap, and encourage him to help her maintain it. Raelle was a help as well, now that she understood the trap's function, and she found it worked well enough that its spoils could be shared between a few wolves. It had proven solid enough, and grew stronger still with the tangle of seaweed that begun to bind the pieces of driftwood together. She'd essentially built a dam that would disappear below high tide, and would hold back any creatures that got caught there when the tide went out. 

Low tide was the best time of day to go and check for easy scavenging, and so she led her little brother down so he might learn to catch small things in the tide pools- but when they exited the tunnel, she halted. Normally, the waves tossing themselves at the shore were the only things moving on the beach. But today? The entire beach moved. 

At first, it looked like the grains of sand themselves were moving collectively, until she realized that some of them were larger, almost the size of rocks- and when she approached, she stood, jaw hanging, as she appreciated the spectacle. 

there were literally thousands of crabs shuffling along the beach. 

If only Ancelin were still a part of the pack- she could've teased him an called this a family reunion. 

...But it was likely for the best that he was gone- because she intended for this to become a feast. She tilted her head back and howled, calling for her family to come and join in the spectacle, and put forth the notion that they should have a crab-eating competition while there was such a boon of prey!
"If you mess with my family, you mess with me"
169 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
i know this is like nearly 2 months old but i need theo posts so up for a theo-suzu thread? (:

Theo heard his sisters call and when he reached the sand where she was, he started to chuckle at what it was she was calling about. "Theres so many crabs!" He then said with a gasp.

adding a tag cuz it’s so old @Suzu
SIGNATURE
Loves his family. Very sweet boy but can get really defensive and protective over his loved ones. Very caring but also an ambitious hunter and fighter.
Loner
335 Posts
Ooc — Jess
absolutely anytime <3

It was a frenzy. The entire beach seemed to shift with the movement of a multitude of crabs and when Theo showed up, Suzu felt she had waited long enough. She recalled being able to feast on the beached whale for what had seemed like months- these crabs might not last as long, but they would surely feed a lot of wolves!

"GET DEM!" She said, snapping at one of the nearest ones and ripping its claws off with a shake of her head. She dropped it, aware it was still alive, but at least it couldn't pinch. She reached for another, grabbing it deftly by the claw and whipping it so hard that the crab's leg came detached, and the crab itself went flying with one claw outstretched. It landed with a clack against a few of its brethren, who didn't seem phased. "Get dem all!" She shouted, diving for yet another.
169 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Theo couldn't contain his laughter at how much Suzu was into catching those crabs. She had gone half mad! But he was down to help, so in a more controlled manner, he started to snap at the crabs and ending their lives, alongside his sisters crazy motions.
SIGNATURE
Loves his family. Very sweet boy but can get really defensive and protective over his loved ones. Very caring but also an ambitious hunter and fighter.
Loner
335 Posts
Ooc — Jess
She grabbed and ripped the claws off crabs left and right, sending them flying. After a couple attempts, she learned to hold one claw down, grab the other in her mouth and then simply pull, freeing both of the crab's claws so it was left with nothing to fight with. 

Still- it could crawl back amid the thousands of others, and she realized quickly that the crabs she'd disarmed (literally) were simply blending in with the rest. She needed a new plan. She looked around, searching for something that might work as a trap, similar to the one she'd constructed to catch fish at low tide. In seeing nothing, she then began to frantically dig, hollowing out a hole in the sand, keeping the sides of it steep- so the crabs couldn't easily climb their way back out. 

She grabbed a crab, ripped its claws off (though one of them pinched her lip before she could be completely free of it) and then dumped the crab in the hole. To her delight, it fumbled, but could not crawl up the sides. "Theo! In de hole!" She shouted over the sound of scattering crabs. "Stick 'em in dere, dey can't get out!" She shouted, before she plucked one of the disarmed ones out of the crowd and chucked it into the hole.
169 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Theo nodded and started doing what Suzu was doing. He ripped the claws off them threw the crab in the hole, repeat. He also got pinched a few times, a couple on his feet from the escaping crabs and a couple on his face. After a while though, the hole was getting full. "I'm gonna start killing them by spearing them with this stick." Theo told Suzu. "You keep collecting them though." He added
SIGNATURE
Loner
335 Posts
Ooc — Jess
We just need a couple more replies each and this will count for the BWP :) Thanks for helping me to rescue it!

Spearing crabs? Suzu paused, a clawless crab hanging from her jaws as she considered the effectiveness of the innovation he suggested. She placed one last crab in the hole, but was a bit wary of trying to handle a stick herself- she felt certain she didn't have the strength in her neck or the coordination to perform such an act- but if Theo could, she would love to see it!

"I will dig anot'er hole- we will need it!" She cried happily, as she began to delve deeply into the sand again.
169 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
"Ok!" Theo said, and he continued to jab the stick into the soft spots on the crabs, the opening under their rough outer shell, which could be found by their claws or legs. Crab guts were kinda getting all over him and the stick but most of the meat stayed in tact so he assumed his method was working well.

ofc! Always love threads with these two, Suzu is prolly my favorite wolf oc to interact with lol (:
SIGNATURE
Loner
335 Posts
Ooc — Jess
The crabs would provide a feast for the wolves, and with each hole dug and filled with the boom of crustaceans, their stash grew. Grateful for a hunt that didn't require a tonne of running, Suzu threw all of her energy into snatching up crabs, disarming them and dumping them into the holes that she and Theo dug, until the massive migration of crabs began to recede back into the waters. 

"Well!" She breathed, panting heavily. "Dat be enough for today but ouf! What a feast we will 'ave!" She chuffed enthusiastically. When a crab attempted to climb its way out of one of the holes, she gave it a smack with one of her broad paws, and it fell back down into the hole. "We take a break, an' den we call the others, hmm?" She suggested.
169 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Theo nodded. "Sounds good." He said with a smile. He enjoyed spending time with Suzu so this whole thing made him quite happy.

we can archive here if you're good w that
SIGNATURE