Stone Circle PROLOGUE
Prince of Nothing
51 Posts
Ooc — Wilth
All Welcome 
Rays of gentle sunlight seeped through the lichen covering of his once beautiful den, coaxing the boy outwards with the promise of warmth. What was once adorned with blossoming flowers and tidy trinkets now laid bare; haphazardly strewn about in the wake of his sickness.

He desperately needed to clean it, air it out—something as to not drown down within it. What sickness took him should of easily reduced him to a shared state. But held within the stone confines, the wilting flowers his only friends, the darkened boy waded for months, reserving what little strength he had. 

The fever, now satiated with his suffering, seemed to release him, and feeling less fatigued he ambled outwards, seeking to soak in the hot sun before cleaning.
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
I'm going to make assumptions, please let me know if you prefer i change them or take them out entirely. Thank you <3

Gunnar often checked on the boy. But he had refused treatment or company and Gunnar was not a man to force his presence on the youth. He had taken food and some of it had been eaten, some had not. Those that hadn't he disposed of. HE was unsure if they boy would survive whatever it was that had ravaged his body, but he would not let him die without knowing that Gunnar had been there had he wanted him.

It was with distinct joy that the patriarch of Kvarsheim came across the boy in the sun, cleaning. And he chuffed happily, a rabbit in his maw. He lay it at his feet and smiled genially.

Ikaros! My boy. How do you fare?
<i>Set and Avatar from JAVA</i>
Prince of Nothing
51 Posts
Ooc — Wilth
Like clockwork the Patriarch would show and nearly jolting at his presence, despite the usual visits, Ikaros would turn around to look with relief towards the washed-out male. His seemingly blind eyes connect with the rabbits before jumping upwards to Gunnar's own silver.

"Gunnar," the dark boy began. His tail twitching behind him in slight happiness. He would take a step forward, sniffing lightly at his leaders shoulder in greeting. Taktuq's scent was there as well as... milk? Pups? Ikaros smiled—she must have given birth. He would make a mental note to go see her and the kids once he was no longer contagious.

"Today is better. My strength is returning, am I to assume that rabbit is for me?"
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar was a man used to routine. It was something he had grown into and sometimes without it he fell apart.

Gunnar smiled at him and sniffed in return nudging the boys head in fatherly greeting. One of his lost boys having come with a chip on his shoulder and turning around into a great man. He was so proud.

of course it is.
Prince of Nothing
51 Posts
Ooc — Wilth
Ikaros looked down shyly under Gunnar's affectionate display, his brightly colored ears pinning back atop of his blackened crown like a shyly pup. 

"There's something I have to say..."
He couldnt help but shift his paws nervously into the sandy patch of dirt.

"You're a great Faðir," His voice was hushed, his words sloppy. Ikaros was never one to use Gunnar's tongue, he often found it silly; too foreign and in turn strange when compared to his own past. But Tauris had been using them and the boy had a lot of time to think within his death throes.

"Thank you Gunnar. I appreciate it—you, I mean... You've been far more patient and understanding than most would. You gave me a home— a place to stay even when I dared take food from your mouth. Gods—even now you continue to feed me." A chuckle escaped between his lips.

"I want to repay you. Repay Kvarsheim. I want to be a Læknir."
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar owed no apologies. He was the wolf he was and showed great care to all those he could. This young male was no exception. Though it seemed he had finally warmed to the patriarch and Gunnar couldnt stop a small smile.

Gunnar tilted his good ear forward. The stump of the left spasming, but not moving for it was a nub.

Color him surprised as the youth began haltingly in the language of Gunnars father.

You never need to thank me for that. I'm glad i could help you. I think you will make a great Laeknir. I'm proud of you and how far you've come. And how well you do.Kvarsheim is better with you here.
Prince of Nothing
51 Posts
Ooc — Wilth
"Thank you, You're too kind." He was. If it were anyone else Ikaros would protest but this was Gunnar, and Gunnar was as thick-headed as he. 

"Is there someone here I can shadow as an understudy?" The youth couldn't recall ever seeing another Læknir within the lands—but that sickly darkened boy, the one he tripped over; He mentioned one moons ago. What was his name?

"Aquil-" Aquillus? Aques? 

Shame pooled within the contours of Ikaros's face as realization hit; The name had been forgotten! "Germanicus's son. He was under the care of one, yes?"
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar chuckled. I only give what is deserved. I saw promise in you when you arrived and I see promise now. You will do well. And that was the truth. He had been as sickly, desperate thing, but he had also had great promise. And that was a hill Gunnar would die on.

Gunnar frowned in thought. HMM well I know that Skald is learning too, Ah yes. The wolf Turmeric the one that is with Inkeri. He is a medic as his mother who is in Swiftcurrent and there are many in Riverclan too. Which you are welcome in any of those if you wanted to seek out knowledge on occasion from them too.

Gunnar had to think. Oh yes Aquillus. He was probably talking about lady Faun, though i believe her name has changed to Doedapple.