Swiftcurrent Creek Opening I
Prince of Nothing
51 Posts
Ooc — Wilth
All Welcome 
All welcome, though please allow @Reverie to post first :)

For now his stomach was full. The strange woman who led him to the carcass was now gone and with it Ikaros was left to his own devices. Wander, he did. The strong breeze and rushing sound of water leading his paws towards his next destination; a shaded area to await the evening sun. 

Though a distant smell stopped his tracks, and raising his head Ikaros regarded it with hesitation; A pack border. He knew to stay clear of other's territories less he want the feel of teeth within flesh but the promise of shade was  all too tempting.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,417 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Reverie was tired.
No, tired did not begin to cover what she felt. This was pure bone-deep exhaustion in a way she had never felt before, even at her lowest points. She slept more than she was awake, in the days following her conversation with @Lestan. When she did wake, she was lethargic, and there was a growing hunger constantly within her that she did not know what to do with. Reverie quickly started to feel self-conscious about it.
She woke and Lestan was not with her, so she wandered from her sleeping place in search of him. Every so often she would stop to cover her mouth and yawn, looking around as if he might appear. As far as she followed his scent, though, she found a stranger at the border before she found him. Her ears pulled forward in surprise, and she stopped to stare, thinking that she must make quite a sight: slightly plump in a way she'd never been before, all tousled fur and sleepy eyes and slow steps. Hello, Reverie greeted, sleep thick even in her voice. This is Swiftcurrent Creek. She couldn't think of anything else to say.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Prince of Nothing
51 Posts
Ooc — Wilth
It was only a matter of time before some wolf noticed his presence. He wasn't surprised in the slightest it happened so soon.

Looking past the overgrown area a figure of gold stood out amongst the lush greenery; A woman—pale and glowing with eyes of  sun. Instantly the boy felt his cheeks flush, she was beautiful. And very obviously pregnant. 

His dry tongue darted out to moisten his lips in anxiety and swallowing a lump within a tight throat Ikaros approached with a shy smile and a wavering tail at his hocks. "Hello," He greeted, his voice undeniably juvenile. "You're beautiful—" wait. "I— I mean it's beautiful. The area. The creek." He backpaddled as fast as possible. 

Letting out a breath the boy shook his head before attempting to try again. "The area here is beautiful, sorry. I didn't mean to intrude, i'm just looking for somewhere to rest." He lifted a paw to nervously scratch at his leg. "Is that... alright?"
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,417 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Reverie giggled softly, delighted by the unexpected compliment. You're beautiful, too, She returned, gently glossing over his stammering. He really was. She stepped forward, reaching out to sniff delicately at the air around him. Alone, by his scent. Would you like to dance with me?
It had been so long since Reverie had tried to dance at all! She didn't think of the possible danger of it. Her body was already adapting quite poorly to the changes that had come over her, so she really should have. But she was just so tired, it didn't occur to her. All she wanted was a moment of fun.
Prince of Nothing
51 Posts
Ooc — Wilth
The boy blinked owlishly at the woman, his dark eyes widening and brows raising. Him? Beautiful?  His ears pulled back as he grew flustered, the hot rush of blood warming his cheeks and ears. If he were a lighter shade perhaps it would be apparent through the thin fur on his face. 

He thought of his Sayyadina, a woman spun of darkness and beauty who no doubt passed her genetics onto him. He longed for the smell of her fur, the gentle sound of her voice, and the lulling she sung most nights he was unable to sleep. Oh, how he missed her presence. 

It was then he noticed he'd been silent far too long, lost within the memories of mind, an affliction his sire berated far too many times to count. Blinking away the distant memories Ikaros stared at the golden woman with flickering amusement. 

"I—I'm sorry? Dance? Im afraid I don't know how." An odd request he didn't expect, but not one he would pass. "Will you teach me?"
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,417 Posts
Ooc — xynien
She took in a sharp little breath, finding that she never failed to be shocked when she met another wolf who did not dance. Most didn't. But it seemed like such an essential part of life to her, she could hardly imagine never knowing what it was like. Oh, of course! Everyone should know how to dance, But it would take time for him to learn, and —
Suddenly she remembered that she had been looking for Lestan. I should... find Lestan first, Reverie blinked, still terribly sleepy and thinking aloud more than anything. He'll be worried if I don't. And she wanted to give him no cause for worry. It wasn't good for either of them.
Prince of Nothing
51 Posts
Ooc — Wilth
"Lestan?" The boy echoed, ears falling flat at the mention of her leaving so soon. It was a shame... he thought they would dance for a bit.

"I understand." he nodded, though he didn't. "May I ask of your name? It was nice meeting you."
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,417 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Note to self for later: maybe a Lestan thread set after this?? MAYBE.

I'm not actually sure if Rev is going to come back but if she doesn't I'll try to have her send someone else LOL
Oh, he's my - well - Reverie blushed. But! I'll come back! I just need to - make sure he knows I'm okay. And then she would return to teach the boy how to dance. It was a foolproof plan, really!
I'm Reverie, She smiled gently, and started to turn away. I'll be back, I promise. It won't take long at all. And with that she darted away, intent on locating her Mayfair before he imploded from worry or something. It really did seem like he might, sometimes.