Lion Head Mesa squirrel jokes
Akashingo
Fellahin
Bloomin'
113 Posts
Ooc — H2O
All Welcome 
vague about the war! AW <3

scavenging around the mesa has proven to be a not so difficult task. there were the lone rabbits and snakes and other animals that helped fill caches and keep the royals fed. while it was often the fellahin who found themselves doing the grunt of the work, tuna didn't really mind.

she had no desire for power nor even the smoldering and threatening aura of respect. no, the lowly tuna was happy making others happy. perhaps it was the only trait of hers that kept the wolves away from her throat. 

today, one may find tuna in a messy messy state. she's covered in fruit and sugar, a sappy and sweet smell comes to emanate from her mouth and stained lips. tuna had been desperate to find some prickly pear to share with Toula, and finally she had found a blossoming specimen! of course, they are difficult to work with considering their prickles and all. however, with enough big brain cells, the servant is able to use some very basic rock tools to help get the fruit off the cactus and begin scraping off the needles.

it's time consuming work, especially for tiny reward as the fruit is not very large. but the payoff for the taste would be well worth it all. besides, she's already greedily eaten one, and now she's currently pushing a rock around another fruit to de-prickle it.
"English" "Spanish" "Nahuatl"
speaks with a Texan accent which can come across in all of her languages
[Image: CACTUS1.gif]
steffi lynn
dandelion puffs on the breeze
120 Posts
Ooc — Kai
Haizel smelt the sweet scent of cactus fruit in bloom and was eager to get his paws on some. It would be just wonderful for the garden! Just imagining the wolves under his glorious and holy Queen to be able to taste their fine smell was His half-white muzzle coated in an array of berry residue, licking the sticky juice from his lips with a wag of his tail. 

The man was happy, and he was even more happy to have spotted a coyote that smelt of his pack! More so, she was one he recognized from his first meeting of Queen Toula! Hi there! I think we've met before? Your... name is Tuna, right?
A lover of flowers, a friend to all.
The gentle giant sees no enemies,
but friends unchristened with blossoms in their pelt.
Akashingo
Fellahin
Bloomin'
113 Posts
Ooc — H2O
before tuna comes the sesh, one who seems to know her name but quite honestly, she's at a loss for his.

"ahyes, tha's me," she comes to say to him with a sheepish half-smile, "yew'll hafta' forgive mah appearance, loyal sesh." she comes to point with her muzzle towards the fruit she had been working to de-prickle for the moment, and the work was nearly done. "what can'I do fer yew today?" it is the fellahin way to ask what is needed, after all, for her life's work is meant to serve the others.
steffi lynn
120 Posts
Ooc — Kai
You're quite alright, The Sesh, though titles, he thought, were overrated mostly, gave her a happy smile. Perhaps... quite a happier smile than the one he normally gave. The man's tail wagged softly behind him, though that wasn't unusual.

Everyone was a friend to him!

I'm Haizel! You... put the little desert sunflower in Queen Toula's fur when I was accepted as Askashingo's palace decorator! I was on my way to find the names of all the favorite flowers in the palace, for the royal garden I'm working on! I wanted to ask what your favorite flower was. And if I can bring you one right now. 
Akashingo
Fellahin
Bloomin'
113 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Haizel -- what a pretty name in her large ears.

and his crusade is one that is even more noble. his question brings about tuna's deep thinking face before she comes down to look at the prickle-less pear for a moment. "well," she comes to draw out, "mah favorite flower is'tha one found on them prickly pear cacti." with the march towards the later parts of summer, most of the flowers had already bloomed and transitioned to becoming the fruit. though, tuna takes notice of one of the late bloomers.

"ah, that one right there." a point of her stained muzzle comes to draw attention to the last yellow flower of the opuntia ficus-indica only a few yards away. she would come to lead the sesh, that is, if he wished to follow her, towards the growing plant. "i don't like'ta pick'em though, since they turn int'a fruit an'all. ah'm a lil' too greedy since ah like to eat'em too." a small coy laugh before she moves to take in a smell from the flower, inhaling its sweet scent before moving aside to see if Haizel had any interest.
steffi lynn
120 Posts
Ooc — Kai
The giant bent his head down and sniffed the flower, tail wagging almost as quickly as the action had been. That is a wonderful scent! he smiled, looking back at her.

It didn't take long for him to say the next bit, as it was already on his mind when he got there. Ya know, I'd be happy to take some flowering cacti to the garden when it's done! So you can go there when you're not busy and sniff them! Maybe nibble some, when they're ripe. 

A wolf who loved to please, one that above all else wanted to make sure everyone was happy. If they were happy, and content, then he was so, as well. Maybe Tuna would like learning about the flowers, too. Despite being a sesh, a tutor, he'd done more botanist-ing than teaching. Which was fine, of course. Still.
Akashingo
Fellahin
Bloomin'
113 Posts
Ooc — H2O
there's a happy wag in her tail when he comes to appreciate the different smell. truly, it remained sugary sweet, often a strong scent for many who preferred gentle flowers and such. for the perez family, this flower held deeper meaning than just fruit and flora.

"yew're full'a gewd ideas," she muses to haizel, "only problem is'tha spikes. how're yew gonna be able to move'em without gettin' poked?" unless this botanist truly has a secret green paw and magically can just pick and move things where he pleases, tuna can only assume that there would be some roadblocks ahead of this glorious plan.
steffi lynn