Lion Head Mesa flower power
dandelion puffs on the breeze
120 Posts
Ooc — Kai
Haizel was having a fun time on his travels. The hulk of a wolf was the color of deer, soft browns capped nicely by darker uses, splashed with white and cream. 

He looked like everything warm about autumn, and he was just as cozy. 

What was he doing this close to a pack's land, mayhaps?

He'd never seen so many new flowers before. 

They smelled so wonderful, so exotic compared to the ones he had grown familiar with. Look at them! So vibrant and pretty, too. 

Surely the pack would understand if he stopped to enjoy the flowers?

@Toula
A lover of flowers, a friend to all.
The gentle giant sees no enemies,
but friends unchristened with blossoms in their pelt.
Akashingo
Erpa-ha*
936 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Chaplain
Missionary
akashingo prepared.

the shrewd green eyes of the approacher was noted. senmut did not send another, but came alone, stepping possessively over red sand.

"what brings you to the sacred domain of Divine Consort and Queen to the Gods?" he spoke clearly, standing with all the royal authority bestowed him.

the creature was far larger than he, and yet senmut showed no fear.
120 Posts
Ooc — Kai
Haizel stopped when he heard someone approach, his tail wagging and his eyes friendly. Well, he giggled, rummaging through the soil with one paw to find a little white one with round petals. I was sniffing the flowers! They're beautiful this time of year, aren't they? I've never seen such pretty flowers in a desert... nor... have I been in a desert.

His head tilted a little, and then bowed his head. Am... on a pack's land, then? I'm terribly sorry for intruding. Your land is lovely; I'm sure your Queen and her consort are also lovely.
Akashingo
Erpa-ha*
936 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Chaplain
Missionary
now the power of each stranger mattered much to senmut.

a man of this size would be warlordly; however he seemed far gentler than that, wanting their flowers. the high priest looked around at the tiny cactus blossoms, his face at last softening.

"akashingo is a place blessed by the gods." he did not correct the man, only paused a moment before saying, "the queen is generous. always there is a place here for those who favor the natural world."
120 Posts
Ooc — Kai
There was not a single mean bone in the large wolf's body. In fact, he was hesitant to kill a rabbit to satiate his own hunger. They just looked so cute...

That is so cool! his eyes glittered with adoration, pictures of queens and kings and gods all mashing together in one worldly pack - it all sounded like the tales he'd been chasing. I love the natural world! So many cool things to explore and see! Smell, too.
Akashingo
Erpa-ha*
936 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Chaplain
Missionary
oh, would toula not dote upon this amazon of a gentle man!

but senmut knew he must be discerning. "what is your name?" came his first inquiry, and then, "how long have you enjoyed blossoms?"

small talk, after a form.
120 Posts
Ooc — Kai
The large form of the man perks up from his blossoms at the smaller one's question. Haizel! My name is Haizel. I've enjoyed flowers all my life.

He smiled, sincerity all he knew.

For everyone was a friend, even if he didn't know them.
Akashingo
Erpa-ha*
936 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Chaplain
Missionary
"and do you seek a home, haizel?"

in truth, senmut was not sure of what skill this one might be.

determined, then, to discover this.
120 Posts
Ooc — Kai
The man tilted his head. 

Was he offering a place to live? 

Fun! Friends were fun! 

I suppose you can say that. I haven't had a place to call my own for a while now. While not a good hunter, he was a rather good healer, specifically for wolves that needed someone to help their mind heal. He was skilled in plants and comforting words.

The gentle giant smiled.
Akashingo
Erpa-ha*
936 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Chaplain
Missionary
"perhaps you should meet our queen."

it was an invitation. he inclined his head and turned to step away, moving toward the palace.

the man, for now, was welcome to follow.
120 Posts
Ooc — Kai
Oo! I love meeting new wolves and making new friends! Hey, do you think she'd like a flower for her fur? Haizel's stilts trotted after the strange wolf, his tail bouncing behind him in a wag. Now and again, he'd ask the wolf a question. What was his name, his interests? Did he like playing games? Though the wolf kinda got the feeling the smaller one was not one for it, he definitely had to ask. Surely there was something he liked doing in his free time?
Akashingo
Erpa-ha*
936 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Chaplain
Missionary
senmut did not know what to make of this wolf. "bring your bloom," he chose to say.

the great haizel would be taken across the expanse of red sand, up the three giant rough-hewn steps, beyond the open-air throne room, and down below into the heart itself, the shafts of light, the red corridors, the scent of laughter and flowers growing underground beside the wellspring.

to the neatly expansive and decorated rooms of @Toula he took this stranger, announcing himself before the throne and bowing low. "his name is haizel, and his enjoyment of flowers is second only to yours, divine one."
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
633 Posts
Ooc — anon
with the made-prince was a giant! but her eyes were for the flowers he had brought, bright and warm. she listened to Senmut, ears pricked happily upward and cupping to listen well. 
Toula was thrilled! do you know the names of the ones in this bloom you have brought me? she asked, voice filled with her delight.
120 Posts
Ooc — Kai
Haizel was rather good at getting flower names right, despite the fact he'd never been in a desert. A flower he'd picked dangled gently in his jaws as he bowed before the young queen, tail curled high as his chest touched the floor beneath him.

He thought its vibrant yellow hues matched the queen's fur perfectly. The doe-pelted wolf lay it down for a moment on one of his giant paws, as to not get it dirty. It is a desert sunflower, divine one. Not before being in the presence of such an important wolf, he felt the need to copy the speech of the small wolf, of which he had yet to get the name of. Quite pretty, don't you think? A smile traced his muzzle. I thought it might look nice in your fur, if you wouldn't mind.
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
633 Posts
Ooc — anon
oh, yes, she hummed agreeably. it is true I have a great love of flowers, and with that a great appreciation for those who speak in the language of them, and it seemed this perfect stranger, who looked terribly fierce, was just that. a contrast to his appearance in this sweet way! 
are you so familiar with all flowers? Toula asked next. his next question gave her pause; instinct forbid it, and Toula said to him, my fellahin will take it, and do that for you, gesturing for @Tuna to do just that.

skipping Senmut as requested!
120 Posts
Ooc — Kai
I say there's always more to learn about our world and the things that grow within it. Every day I learn a little more; but I have studied flowers and other plant life since I was a pup. Captivating, how such simple things grow, how to cultivate them and how to use them, for healing or decoration, his pack had always called him 'odd' for his love of sniffing flowers, but they never did quite complain when he used sunflowers to reduce their fevers or another to plant to ease their sores or lull them to sleep when they couldn't themselves. He sat the flower neatly to one side, for the other wolf to get. There were many potential friends here, he didn't know who to befriend first.
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
633 Posts
Ooc — anon
how would you like to teach others of these flowers, she asked him, and be a decorator for the palace, perhaps, as well? create arrangements for the fellahin to duplicate, and if she liked them well enough, perhaps he could be elevated to a man who even outfitted the queen in such florals! 
she had grand dreams for him—and she wanted to explore flower fields to discuss the things that they two both loved! Toula sniffed gently at the flower Tuna brought to her, and then allowed the she wolf to tangle its stem into her furs near her ear. Toula stood and looked gratefully to the man.
120 Posts
Ooc — Kai
The great man dipped his head low in acknowledgment. It was all he ever wanted; a place of which he could be happy doing what he loved, and make others happy with his knowledge. Did he expect to be doing so under a goddess given mortal form? No, but he couldn't deny what he was hearing and seeing. That is very kind of you, divine one. I will be more than happy to do so.
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
633 Posts
Ooc — anon
oh! she was so pleased! such an emotion was as clear as day to see—she radiated the same warmth that the sun did. 
you must meet with your fellow Sesh, but first—eat, and rest. I will come and visit you tomorrow as well—we shall speak of flowers. you are now a tutor of Akashingo, to teach all those who might wish to learn of the thing that you and I both love. flowers are more than just things of beauty, but those that were merely things of beauty were just as adored by her! 
the fellahin will take you to your resting place, and deliver you your meal, she smiled happily the man of flowers.
120 Posts
Ooc — Kai
The doe-pelted man's tail wagged softly behind him. He got his very own place to sleep, and a meal delivered to him? Haizel didn't have to hurt anything; not a single fluffy bunny? It really was a dream come true, as if everything he'd ever wanted was appearing before his eyes. He'd never be able to thank the queen enough, but he knew where to start. He'd ensure every flower was pristine, not a single broken leaf or missing petal. Only the best for kind queen Toula. Indeed they are.

And, just as importantly, a flower for the wolf who talked of kings and gods when he got the chance, he looked like the type that would enjoy such things.