Lion Head Mesa [mp] chaos
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
632 Posts
Ooc — anon
All Welcome 
late last night, Toula awoke hearing a terrible cry. or perhaps even that had been a part of her nightmare. for the things she had seen were terrible, and she awoke with startled tears in her eyes. a fellahin awoke her, and Toula felt a chill. 
it was still dark when she rose, but this in of itself was not strange. she rose before the sun, always, to greet Ra. and today, as with all days, she took her protective totem, the one that her father had given her. 
it was to Iset she first went. and then to Bastet. and many others she would find and request protection. the dream, so unlike any she had before, felt like a warning. and when the sun rose, Toula’s cries to Ra compelled him to do as he always did, and protect and watch over all that she loved, too—this all of Akashingo. but His eye was upon all, and she did not doubt that He would, as He always did. 
she let her fear go; she would leave it in Their hands. but not before she spoke with @Senmut, who would know what else could be done to perhaps protect her dreams from such things. and her mind from its aftermath!
Akashingo
Erpa-ha*
936 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Chaplain
Missionary
he dreamt of nazli, of her body dissolving beneath the voice of weeping priests and from the soft ash rising a kohl-eyed proud extension of ramesses —

he woke in cold sweat to find a servant leaning over him, telling him that the queen's sleep had been disturbed. after a moment in which he splashed water over his face, senmut went to find her.

atop the mesa, she wept and he sang.

and when the gold of dawn threaded them both, he turned to her. "what have the gods said to you?"
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
632 Posts
Ooc — anon
something, perhaps Someone, came to me in dreams. I felt things… out of balance. I saw my people sick, or hurt, Toula shook her head. it was chaos. it was the nature of Apopis, but perhaps not Him. I do not know, but it was awful, she whispered, breathless. 
we must spend some time creating totems of protection. and to pray. perhaps this will offset some of what I have been warned of. what else can we do? she asked him, doing her utmost to keep calm in the face of all of this. she was shaken, but for her people, she could not stumble! Toula knew her path was good, and righteous—but that evil was a thing that cared for neither. 
she would persevere.
Akashingo
Erpa-ha*
936 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Chaplain
Missionary
"this first," and senmut spared a moment of truest loving look for her. she was the most pious of them all, an eternal student of the gods, and almost he wished she should never marry, never be swayed from her devoted studies.

chaos! "suppose apophis and set have come together in allegiance."

in her very heart did the queen wear the beating soul of akashingo as those before her had not. as princess she had been reared by attendants; her life had been a storied height of hierarchy where every whim and need was anticipated by those who could never ascend to her place.

but she loved them. there was no arrogance in the girlish ruler, and in this was her strength, for her people were devoted to the queen in turn.

"i will call to Amun, divine one. the First Spark, it is He who Knows All Formed Breaths. perhaps He will answer my calling and give to me the wisdom of what has caused such pestilence."