Lion Head Mesa [mp] love & war
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
632 Posts
Ooc — anon
Toula wanted to be sure her people were cared for, and safe. for the Mazoi now she sought to mark their doorways with the eye of Ra to protect them further. within these walls, they would find their affliction perhaps did not bother them so badly—or at least no other ailments might come! perhaps the bad luck would be stripped from them altogether. 
she had finished her prayer and spiritual inscription at the doorway of @Zaahira and moved on, now, to the one @Khusobek—a man no sickness or curse had touched, nor would it could she help it! 
the pious Toula paused at it, beginning her prayer-song. the healthy @Inji was by her side with her blessed waters in the shell of something easy to carry—the piece on the wall would dry and be hidden on the doorway by the time she was done. 

optional protection totem to @Zaahira and @Khusobek for future (or current!) curses: 1! (expiry upon use; can add to inventory for future MPs, or use for this one if afflicted!)  
Akashingo
Jodai

blameless
289 Posts
Ooc — Twin
EDIT: unsure if this was meant to be RO or not but i suddenly cannot delete posts, just lmk if you'd rather me not reply and i can send a maintenance rq!

She had heard the muffled prayers just outside her barrack, the hymn-like voice of the great Queen. Something had stricken this great palace, and it seems as though Zaahira was not the only worried one — at least she wasn't crazy.
Cautiously, as though to not trip over herself yet again, she pokes her head out for the hemet-nekheb, who was now outside Khusobek's door, granting him the same prayers.
Divine One, I am so glad to see you are okay, a gasp, followed by a slow waddle in her direction. A friendly nod to the fellahin who accompanied her, just as well, who seemed to position herself behind the Queen, acting as a shield. what do you think this is? I am getting worried. It has been crazy today.
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
632 Posts
Ooc — anon
she was young still, and had no children as of yet but for her two wards that she considered like her own. but the same could be said of those even aged above her; Toula cared for them the very same, and loved them well. she protected them, and they protected her. it hurt her to see chaos befall some, and Toula prayed and prayed that such would end sooner rather than later. with her prayers, she felt it surely would.
it might well last a little longer. I have dreamt of chaos, and when I woke, Apopis the God of it, has granted us a visit! Toula supposed she ought to feel flattered, that another would deign to give attention to Akashingo. she was used to blessings, not curses—but it was another lesson learned. I have prayed to many Gods, Ra, His oldest enemy, among them. we will prevail in this, Toula soothed.
now she loooked to the Mazoi. there is a ward upon your door; in your rooms, at least, Apopis cannot visit. and I will pray further, for the Gods to chase him from this place. confident now, Toula knew they had always, for whatever the reason might be, aided her when called upon.
how are you feeling...? she asked, concerned for her!
Akashingo
Jodai

blameless
289 Posts
Ooc — Twin
She is merely a pupil to gods of past and present, the titles of which still remain foreign to Zaahira. Apopis, patron saint of chaos — how one she had not yet heard. But the Queen speaks of His wrath within her dreams, and with this, Zaahira is frightened.
Even when you think you have found peace, hardship is waiting at your doorstep.
She is gentle, and yet holds power in every word. I will pray with you, Divine One, and that is a vow.
She notices the fellahin nod; heeding.
I am okay, a light shrug is given. I have been... what is the word? Falling. It is unusual. but even still, she did not elaborate; the Queen had enough to worry about. She takes a step closer, head dipping to bow. How are you feeling, malakti?
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
632 Posts
Ooc — anon
she is warmed thoroughly by the words, inside and out—her smile shows as much, unable to hide her joy at Zaahira’s devotion. oh! Toula found herself grateful to the man that had brought her here at all, though he would receive no further grace than he already had from her. I thank you, she breathed in earnest, I know the Gods will be pleased to hear your voice, and that she truly believed. 
to hear that the other had been falling caused Toula to withhold a grimace. she hated to hear it, but would not give Zaahira reason to fret further. come then, walk alongside me—I will help you keep balance, and Toula racked her brain for the teachings of her governess. there would surely be a herb to help in this… 
a new word is spoken, and Toula brightens as her ears cup to take it in. it is not intentional, that she does not answer the question—she is only distracted for a moment as she asks, what a lovely sounding word! what does it mean? 
Toula found that she wanted to know more of this language, so that she might speak it further with Zaahira. well taught as she was, she could speak many tongues as it was—but the one Zaahira had spoken then… she did not think she knew it!
Akashingo
Jodai

blameless
289 Posts
Ooc — Twin
When the Queen speaks of the Gods, it is an honor. Zaahira accepts the fervor with a curled smile. I hope so.
She is invited forth, and the aspwoman cautiously leans closer with a ginger press of a bony shoulder into the gold-woven pelt of the holy one. I am eager to learn more of our Gods, malakti. I do not seek priesthood, but even still, she pauses, heavily. they mean much to me. I am grateful to learn beside you.
She walks in a slow stride, gaze carefully fixed upon the path ahead. Left, right, left, right. And then, a question; and to this, she gives a chortle.
It is Arabic, my mother's language. I do not remember much of it, but there is some. I did not speak at all for a long time. ochre cheeks are pushed upward as her bashful little grin snakes further up her face. Malakti means My Queen. Think of it as my own word of devotion.
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
632 Posts
Ooc — anon
Godswife looked to the Mazoi with plenty of love in her gaze as she spoke as she did. the Gods truly had brought this one to her! I will teach you of them, then, she breathed with a nod. more time to spend with her, and their bond through the Gods—a beautiful thing. 
with any stumble, Toula would catch her—but for now, it seemed she was well. perhaps the magick was at work then! 
as Zaahira translated, the meaning of the word resonated. and Toula looked toward Zaahira, thinking that she made a perfect woman for her Queensguard; she must think of a word, too. something other than Mazoi, something more, even though what she already was and all Mazoi were was great! 
I shall find us a tutor for Arabic. it is an important thing, for a Queen to speak many languages. I know several already. but I would like you to sit in with me, during these lessons—as my guard, and a student as well, should you wish to know further the words of your mother, she had already decided on the first point the moment Zaahira had spoken the foreign word. but the rest was decided on just as swiftly. 
Toula did not know of the relationship between Zaahira and her mother, but that she spoke her words… it must be a way to keep her close. and what Toula would not give to find ways to do such with her own mother!
Akashingo
Jodai

blameless
289 Posts
Ooc — Twin
She will be taught of them. The Godheads of Akashingo, their stories, their power; all from the Wife herself, and oh, what an blessing! Senmut has told me of Sekhmet, Goddess of War. I have been building an altar for Her near Raven's bed, pride oozes through her speech. and I keep my regular visits to God Osiris. He has brought me healing. But I have much more to learn about many others.
And oh, how sweet the Queen to want to know more of Zaahira's eastland tongue! Her eyes glitter, big and wide and round, an almost girlish excitement running up and down her spine. I would love that, and her tail flutters, coming to an unbridled wag that presses at her heels. I was fluent once, when I was a girl. But that feels long ago now.
Her tongue presses at her lips, flicking over her teeth and now her nose. Her pace remains steady. I did want to ask you of something, and then, her ears bend, one a hair lower than the other. It felt like such an imbecilic, naïve question; but as it stood, there was still much for Zaahira to learn about the red palace. how does one become yaret, or jodai? a breath is drawn, and then a shimmy of her shoulders to release the tension in them. I thought of one day taking that position, if you would have me.
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
632 Posts
Ooc — anon
pride was immediately seen upon her face as Zaahira brought up the latest altar. it was clear she was pleased, too, and she began one small lesson with it, as well as sharing truths: I had prayed to Her, when you returned to the Lake to take back the children of Zharille, Toula breathed, as well as the Goddess Bes. it is She who looks after children, she informed. and with Miho and Racharra here... you have inspired me; I too shall build another temple, for Her. and I will bring many gifts to yours for our Sekhmet, she promised! it was too clear, however, that Both had been with them. Toula thought on their many successes.
and how glad it made her to hear Osiris still brought her comfort. while the Mazoi had no desire to be a priestess herself, Toula saw in her the spirit of the Gods. the woman now knowingly walked Their path, protected. the gaze of Them was upon her. and it was no wonder; it seemed They kept a close eye on all that Toula loved! the gratitude in her heart was so full it felt fit to burst!
perhaps when you hear it, it will all come back to you, Toula imagined it now, and hoped for the woman it was so. but if it was not, well, she would relearn it! it will come to be that way again. and we two can speak it to another, our secretly shared language, Toula laughed conspiratorially at that, knowing that it was nothing nefarious but rather something sweet. something she had shared with Makono, who felt both so close and so far away to her now...
listening in silence to the request of the Mazoi, Toula waited until the woman was finished before answering. it would be a fool who would not have you, the Queen starts. it was good to know that Zaahira wanted what Toula did, for herself! and then she spoke, the ranks of Akashingo have become full, which is a great thing. soon, we are to expand to accommodate this... and to give us further access to resources. with more mouths comes more need, Toula explained in much the same way she had been educated. Akashingo had always been wealthy, and it was for this great wisdom bestowed also upon Toula in her many teachings.
she went on, more princes come. and with my coronation, I should like a Jodai. you have long since proven your loyalty to me—to Akashingo, she explained. I want you to join this expedition. and if it is Jodai you wish to become, I shall give you tasks I should like for you to complete, she awaited the answer from the then Mazoi, voice warm. for the rank held more responsibility; as Jodai, she would be overseer to much more!
Akashingo
Jodai

blameless
289 Posts
Ooc — Twin
The Queen had prayed to Sekhmet, and with that revelation, Zaahira thinks that perhaps it was Her who brought victory to Akashingo over the lake. Her mind wanders over to Zharille, the fallen Alpha, her children; while her children remained, Zharille seemed to have taken off once more. Her scent among the halls dwindled by the day, nothing but the dotted outline of the giantess's ghost, and it brought a small twitch to the corner of a tawny lip. But her concerns with that would not be voiced. The Queen took care of the children, to her knowledge, and that was what mattered.
And, there was to be not one, but two altars for the Goddess. And perhaps that was what was needed.
A secret language between them. The thought of such brought a gleeful series of chortles from the mazoi; something that, these days, felt so rare, so precious. Something she had not shared with anyone in what must have been years.
What a friend she'd found in this amazing young Queen; a bitter, guarded heart, softened only for her.
I would do whatever you ask, and that was genuine, an outpour of devotion, for Zaahira could think of no greater honor than to serve as jodai for her; warm eyes held softly with Toula's own. it is my life's duty to guard you, malakti. To serve Akashingo. for she was a woman of Greatwater no more, not ever again.
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
632 Posts
Ooc — anon
the Queen belatedly realized she had missed to give one piece of information to her Mazoi. perhaps she already knew from the fellahin, who shared information amongst themselves... sometimes, in places any ear could hear... but perhaps not! ah, I had meant to inform you. the Mazoi Zharille, she has been sent to an outpost that specializes in the physical rehabilitation for the more... tricky, of wounds to heal, I suppose is the right way to say such. her children know it, but I have neglected to share such information with both you and the Mazoi, Legend, here she frowns, feeling some measure of guilt for having forgotten. true, there were many responsibilities she had, but what if either of them worried after her? surely they must! and it was only in bringing her up that this even occurred to her! I am sorry, if you worried for her absence, she breathes in earnest.
and she waited for any response, prepared to respond to any and all questions that might be had, before they two shifted to the other matter at hand.
then I give to you these five tasks, Toula breathed, to accomplish over the course of time in which we lay claim to wherever we will, and then she outlined them, these tasks for the Mazoi alone, who had been reborn here.

PM'ing you these tasks! <3
Akashingo
Jodai

blameless
289 Posts
Ooc — Twin
So Zharille was not missing; merely elsewhere. This brought some semblance of relief, a slow sigh breathed out. I am glad she is in good hands, and that was all of what she felt. Zharille meant little to her in the way of a friend or a leader — she had not known her, not beyond exchanged glances. Her time as the leader of Greatwater was before Zaahira had ever set foot upon the land.
And she sought to shred any lingering association of Greatwater, the last of the threads to be pulled. Never again.
The Lake took her dedication for granted; her fervor, her religious loyalty; and Akashingo had scooped her under its wing. The sands whispered hymns and mantras in her dreams, called her home, and never would she leave them unless the Gods bid the palace's death.
Rebirthed, baptized under the vigilance of Ra;
She was to be jodai.
The very notion of such brought a spring of tears into her eyes as the Queen lays down the procedure to be carried out. Overwhelmed; excitement, fear, ambition, honor, gratitude, everything; and she thought, in that moment, of just how far she had come.
You have done so much for me, Divine One, at some point, she had come to a stop and taken one of the Queen's blond paws between the two of her own, if she were to accept such a gesture. I will not let you down. as a ruler; as a friend.
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
632 Posts
Ooc — anon
Toula smiled openly, earnestly. she did not draw away from the Mazoi, eyes searching to be sure that Zaahira understood even what was not spoken: I trust that you will not, she spoke softly, tail swaying behind her! I trust you. trusted her on the journey with the princes, more than the rest to speak of elevation. her strength of body, but her strength of heart too that drew Toula to her so. 
may Khonsu keep you safe on your travels, she would pray to Him, day and night, to make it so.
Akashingo
Jodai

blameless
289 Posts
Ooc — Twin
<3333 ily!!!!

Tears bead slowly down the length of narrow cheekbones. She trusted her; she trusted her, and to serve as high warrior to a woman who showed her such grace and fervent love — a privilege it was, indeed!
Khonsu would be with her, and she would look to Him nightly in the weeks to come. She would find Him among the constellations and the craters of the moon, and He, in turn, would show her the bright eyes of hemet-nekheb in her absence.
The most delicate of squeezes is given to the paw within her grasp. And may Ra watch over you while I am away.
And in time, she would be at her side in coronation; in godhood, and ever happily would she bow.