Luneshale Pass fifty-fifth
Akashingo
Erpa-ha*
936 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Chaplain
Missionary
"announce me," he commanded the priestess or servant at @Ashikaga's door.

she would be given the finest of all things, second only to the queen in riches. 

she was princess of the red land, able to turn away a mere priest.

this he would heed. but for now he waited, alone and buoyed only by a mouthful of cactus wine. rashepses had shaken senmut more than he would admit.
40 Posts
Ooc — hela
She reclined on her mound of furs, her body relaxed but her mind busy; always busy. She didn't know yet who she could trust aside from her hemet. She knew she shouldn't trust her so easily but if she had meant to harm the princess then she could have easily done so instead of bringing her to her sister. Ashikaga rested better knowing Melody was always close by. Really, she rarely ever left. Ashikaga was pleased by it. As for anyone else, they needed to prove themselves first, and she was willing to let them.

A voice outside pulled her from her thoughts—Senmut. He had served her father, something that made him intriguing to the princess. Maybe she could learn to trust him as her father once had. Her father. Despair sat like a rock in her chest but she pushed it away as Melody approached. She announced the prince and Ashikaga waited for him to enter, a guarded curiosity in her gaze.
Akashingo
Erpa-ha*
936 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Chaplain
Missionary
he was let inside. senmut had brought no gift, believing the woman would think him disingenuous, but now he saw the error of this. she was royal after all, a very daughter of ramesses.

his low bow must then suffice. "amiirad," the prince greeted. she was the same gilt and piercing eyes; the stamp of her dual royalty was undeniable.

"it is a blessing to akashingo that you have returned to us."
40 Posts
Ooc — hela
It was odd that he came with no gift. Maybe he was angry that she had come out of nowhere and announced her plan to be pharaoh. Maybe he thought it was not what her father would do. Whatever his opinion, she wouldn't change her mind. She might have accepted her place for now, but to her, it was temporary. Akashingo deserved a chance to get to know her and her them. 

Her lips curved in a small but pleased smile as he spoke. He thought she was a blessing to Akashingo, and she agreed. Why else would she have been called home? The gods called me here. It was time to come home.
Akashingo
Erpa-ha*
936 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Chaplain
Missionary
the gods.

the gods moved of their own accord. senmut had no doubts they had spoken to the princess, but had they led her back to pharaonic right?

officially, she had more claim than any prince. in terms of civil war, their queen must continue with her choice. the man selected could be challenged then by ashikaga, who would have gathered her own supporters by then.

senmut wished to avoid all these things.

"your sister makono took the throne after your father died. she has left us. it is said," it was not, "that pharaoh must be chosen another way. what say you?"

the blood had failed the Horus Throne twice where the queen had not.
40 Posts
Ooc — hela
She wondered what could have possibly taken her sister away from her purpose in life. That was why they were here: to rule Akashingo. It made her angry that Makono had given up her right, but then that left it open for Ashikaga. At least for now. She was aware there were plans to make whatever prince married her sister the pharaoh, but it was not their place. 

It is said? She asked, raising an eyebrow. By whom? Surely not the gods. They spoke to her—told her to go home and take her place as pharaoh.
124 Posts
Ooc — Suledin
Joining with permission! I am so late so this will prob just be a cameo
Senmut had come; Melody felt odd here, out of place, not yet settled in her role at Ashikaga's side. It felt fitting and even so it was an adjustment, a foreign feeling like a new tooth where once there had been a gap, like finally peeling away the bindings round an arm mended from a break. It felt right — but strange, and aching in some ways.

So after she announced him to the Amiirad she had given all of herself to, the Hemet took her place silently and tried not to appear too invested in the conversation at hand. There was admiration in her nonetheless as she listened to Ashikaga; she was direct, firm, perhaps not so charming as Makono had been but striking nonetheless.

Still it was not Akashingo or the throne that Melody thought of, but those blue eyes, and how she might make herself the brightest reflection in them.
Akashingo
Erpa-ha*
936 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Chaplain
Missionary
<3

"those inside the palace, my lady," senmut lied, surprised at its ease. he need only make its root the protection of the queen's dominion. "your father died upon the throne. pharaoh makono all but abdicated it. the faith in such a rank has been shaken, from nobles to fellahin. why should a dynasty continue with you and not your sister who already holds the red land in her hand? why should another child of ramesses occupy the place beside her, when it seems the lineage must change to survive?"

senmut did not make his tone a challenge. he remained even, unbiased, contemplative as any royal scribe recording an edict. how dare melody, he thought, betray the queen who had given her a second chance inside their land; to squander first her chance as royal astrologer, then as ally to the most powerful ruler in their world.

had he underestimated her scheming? was an assured place of vizier to the stars not enough for the woman? senmut bore all this untraceably, but knew henceforth he would set his spies upon the priestess who stood silent and gilded in attention to her chosen regent.

"if you do this, akashingo may be undone by her enemies. they too have been sent here by our gods, great one," the priest finished, bowing once more and low.
40 Posts
Ooc — hela
She knew they would be hesitant to let her rule. She knew they would talk. Still, it made anger rise in her chest to hear Senmut say it. She tucked the anger away, pushed it down. It would not help here and she learned a long time ago to keep her feelings to herself; some might use them against her. Instead, she portrayed only calm intrigue even as the priest laid out all the reasons she shouldn't be pharaoh. 

And what makes you think I will fail as my father and sister did? she asked. She might be of the same blood, but she was not them. She brought with her a new perspective. Besides, it was her throne to claim. 

If I do this, Akashingo will face any enemy and win. I have no intention of seeing this kingdom fall. Not under my rule. She would not be swayed by what-ifs and gossip.
Akashingo
Erpa-ha*
936 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Chaplain
Missionary
the only enemy is you.

enemy to progress, enemy to the careful world their queen and their efforts, for her, had constructed.

nazli, lying sick and bereft for the sake of ramesses;

makono, a girl become woman far too early, for the sake of her people.

toula must be shielded against this. she was not unaware, he knew, but senmut understood what happened when a sibling scorned reared their head; was that not how ramesses had come about? it was said his queen mother poisoned concubines and their offspring alike to pave way for her son to be pharaoh.

was ashikaga capable of this?

low he bowed again. "i have no thoughts on the matter. i serve the gods, which includes their figurehead in our queen. but i am not all of akashingo, great one. only high priest."
40 Posts
Ooc — hela
He had no thoughts on the matter? Ashikaga didn't believe that for a second. Had he not just sat there and told her Akashingo would be undone if she took her place as pharaoh? Or maybe he thought the gods had told him that. Maybe you are not hearing the gods correctly, she suggested at the risk of making him angry. He was high priest; he shouldn't be wrong about these things. But he was wrong now. What else would explain it. 

Why would you hear one thing from the gods while I have heard something different? Was he lying to get his way? Akashingo trusted him to interpret messages from the gods; it would be easy for him to change the message to fit his agenda. The princess did not trust him.
Akashingo
Erpa-ha*
936 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Chaplain
Missionary
senmut found the princess dogged, determined. 

and he found himself annoyed at her questioning, though he covered this with another bow. "who can know the will of the gods. they mean for you to be here, amiirad," though to senmut it remained to be seen in which capacity they ordered her presence.

"your sister has ordered several altars built during her reign. perhaps when we return to akashingo, the gods' message will be clearer. for now," he added, "the people must believe in you also. not only as a daughter of pharaoh ramesses, but a ruler in your own right."
40 Posts
Ooc — hela
His answer was vague, and it frustrated the princess, though she was careful to keep her irritation hidden. She merely nodded. I suppose so, she offered after a moment. The gods did want her here but she was sure it was for something more. She was meant to be pharaoh. 

He was correct in his next words: the people did need to believe in her. And the only way for them to know her would be for her to show them who she was. She deserved to lead. She wasn't a girl anymore. She was a princess destined to be pharaoh. She would just need to make Akashingo see that too. I have every intention of showing everyone who I am. I want them to see the future as I see it. And I only have their best interest in mind. She wanted this not only because it was her rightful place but also because it was what was best for Akashingo.
Akashingo
Erpa-ha*
936 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Chaplain
Missionary
she was determined. senmut had nothing else to say. he bowed once more and regarded her with a respectful, closed look. "may i serve you in any way before i return to my prayers, great one?"

if she wished to be pharaoh, she must first be visible. "each morning i sing to Ra. the queen joins me there often. accompany us one day," senmut gave, in genuine invitation.
40 Posts
Ooc — hela
The princess shook her head. No, you may go. Right now she wanted to be alone with only Melody as company—someone she trusted. 

She was surprised at his invitation, though she didn't let that show. Ashikaga nodded. I would love to join you. Maybe then she could start to prove to everyone how serious she was about being Pharaoh.
Akashingo
Erpa-ha*
936 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Chaplain
Missionary
"i will send a fellahin when the time has come, great one."

a low bow, a proper one, and he was gone then from her eyes.