Lion Head Mesa Curiosity killed the cat, but the cat died knowing
Sunclaw
48 Posts
Ooc — Sunclaw
All Welcome 
Sunspots was desperate. Like when he had entered the territory of Greatwater Lake and had met Selena, who had received him kindly, he was entering another territory at that time.

Sunspots couldn't stand life alone: it was complicated. He missed Selena, and even Khaba. Just when he felt that he had a home, a routine, the Akashingo wolves had taken it from him. GreatwaterLake was no more, and it was all the fault of those strange wolves.

However, Sunspots was so desperate that he did not think of grudges. With the sun shining brightly above his head, he kept going. He wanted to meet someone from the pack, whoever he was, and hope they would do what they wanted.

To be accepted into the pack? he seemed fine. Die in combat? It was the price of adventure. But to be chased away? Sunspots didn't know what he would do if that pack decided to drive him out of the territory.

YouTube Channel: Sunclaw (Narrated videos of wolves and pups. Updates from Yellowstone Wolf Packs)

[Image: sunclaw.gif]
dandelion puffs on the breeze
120 Posts
Ooc — Kai
A giant of a wolf came prancing through, sniffing every last flower, herb, bush, and whatever other plant he could reach. There weren't many that lay beyond the stilted man's long stride and snout. Haizel had a goal: learn the location of every last plant that lived within his new domain, in hopes of learning their secrets and how to care for such hardy specimens. 

His furry coat was not yet used to the heat of Akashingo's air, but the plants were, and if they were, surely he'd someday lose his fluff. It bounced as he trotted along, memorizing them all and mentally noting the general terrain of each one, giving it a name, until he spotted a wolf he didn't recognize. 

A new friend! His tail wagged happily behind him, tongue lolling. Hi! his voice was friendly, as the giant was as gentle as a doe. I'm Haizel! I don't recognize you - who are you? What's your story, stranger?
A lover of flowers, a friend to all.
The gentle giant sees no enemies,
but friends unchristened with blossoms in their pelt.
Sunclaw
48 Posts
Ooc — Sunclaw
Sunspots was scared to see a very big wolf, but he was surprised when that wolf spoke to him kindly. Still wary, Sunspots sniffed at him from afar and said, "My name is Sunspots." With Khaba, he'd gotten used to being scolded for every word, but he supposed that wasn't the case in all packs.

Walking slowly, muscles tensing in case he needed to flee, the wolf approached Haizel in a respectful semicircle. He licked his nose, a sign of the stress he was feeling.

He raised his head and looked to the horizon, nervous, in case other wolves were approaching.

YouTube Channel: Sunclaw (Narrated videos of wolves and pups. Updates from Yellowstone Wolf Packs)

120 Posts
Ooc — Kai
Haizel tilted his head, thinking for a moment. He bent down, looking at his chest, or his paws, since the other looked nervous and he didn't want to scare him. Sometimes he forgot not every wolf wasn't scared of him. Why would they be? One conversation and he'd always made new friends! Would Sunspots be the same?  Sunspots, he echoed. It sounded a lot like sunflowers. They had those around here! That's a very pretty name, The plume of fur attached to him flapped in the wind like a chick stretching its wings for the first time. 

Sunspots' scent was strange. It smelled of other wolves, but also of nature. Was he a pack wolf? Or was he... not? Very intriguing. Did he want a sunflower's stem tangled in his pelt? Haizel thought the color would look nice with his fur. 

You wanna be friends?
Akashingo
Jodai

blameless
289 Posts
Ooc — Twin
hope you guys don't mind a zaahira! thought it'd be fun since sunny boy is a former packmate <3

Part of being a Mazoi, Zaahira felt, was keeping an eye on the entrance of the palace. When the fellahin weren't tending to it, Zaahira was; humble work, surely, but it was honest.
And part of it, in all honesty, was out of fear one of Khaba's associates would launch a counter. Not that she assumed she would be missed, but what if?
And so, when the Sesh is spotted chatting to a familiar shape, the aspwoman's heart begins to race.

Him. He had fought alongside Khaba.

Zaahira's lip curls upward, and she is quick to throw herself forward; hackles raised and tail flagged high. Speech escapes her at first as she makes her approach from behind, an agitated pace as the growl ripples from her throat. And then, all at once, she comes to a stop.
She lets out a bark, something of an alert to her presence. He was not her friend, as far as she knew, but she would be cordial. Perhaps he, too, was making an escape. But was it too late for that?
Either way, she finally opens her mouth to speak, voice low and haggard. State your business with Akashingo before I alert the Queen.
Sunclaw
48 Posts
Ooc — Sunclaw
The truth is that I expected you to come, haha

Sunspots was going to respond to the wolf, but then he detected a familiar scent. He felt his fur stand on end at the sight of Zaahira. Oh, the traitor Sunspots thought, but then he noticed the annoying voice that sometimes spoke to him in his mind: but you're a traitor too, aren't you? you did not help Khaba.

Sunspots shook himself as if he were wet, from stress and to drive away those thoughts. Sunspots didn't want to talk, not with Zaahira. He had never spoken to her directly, and in a way, keeping silent was a way of reminding the female that she had betrayed her pack, and therefore had betrayed him.

Sunspots flattened his ears to his head and he wagged his tail, smiling wryly, You don't have to be so formal, Zaahira the male growled, but trying not to sound disrespectful.

120 Posts
Ooc — Kai
Did they... know each other? He stopped for a moment, looking at each of the other wolves. They definitely looked like they knew each other. And... if he had to guess... it seemed almost as if they didn't like each other. The thought alarmed him. 

What happened between them? More importantly... did they not wanna be friends? Impossible, simply absurd. Everyone could be friends with everyone else if only they'd give it a good try. Would Zaahira like a sunflower in her fur? He saw a small batch of them out of the corner of his eye. 

Haizel's tail wagged softly. Hi Zaahira! he woofed excitedly. Then got more nervous, suspecting whatever had happened between them could lead to an unneeded fight. Fights were never nice. A tiny whine escaped the friendly giant as he battled with himself to not step between them to shield his new friend. Don't... hurt him, please? He's done nothing wrong.
Akashingo
Jodai

blameless
289 Posts
Ooc — Twin
The aspwoman was having none of this.
She did not owe this former omega any kindness, nor the Seshhe did nothing wrong, he says, a blissful ignorance that brings a chuff from her lips.
She could have lashed out. Could have told him that Khaba killed her lover, that this fool had fought alongside him anyways. That Khaba had become a megalomaniac. She could have snapped her jaws in every which way, let the grief control her;
She does not.
She scowls to the Sesh, a sour grimace with a wrinkled nose. You know nothing, she barks out, rather matter-of-factly. He was nothing but a nuisance to her in this situation — but! The Queen was fond of him, so she'd heard, and so for now, she lets him linger.
But that may have to change.
Turning her attention to the intruder, her tongue flicks to run over exposed gums. Her expression is stone cold. Not an ounce of emotion, emotion that he did not deserve. State your business with Akashingo, she repeats, a proud flare of her nostrils. I protect the Queen. I will not hesitate. You have sixty seconds.
Muat-riya
Mazoi
281 Posts
Ooc — ebony
cameo <3

a fool from the lake.

the mazoi knew this face, and the raised voice of the woman zaahira. he did not know the other. heavy teeth glinted in his jawline.

he stood now silent beside the other akashingo wolves. "answer her or i will carry your throat to the queen with her." the lake had been taken with no bloodshed. khusobek did not need to abide by this in his own land.
Sunclaw
48 Posts
Ooc — Sunclaw
Sunspots knew that this situation could escalate into a fight, but she still resisted, giving in to the temptation to annoy Zaahira. I'm sorry for her death too, he growled, letting the meaning slip out subtly.

He tensed his muscles, knowing that at any moment Zaahira could attack him. However, he continued. You act like you don't know me, he whispered.

So he decided to speak, but without looking at Zaahira. "Did you have business with Akashingo when you betrayed Khaba?" he said, as if he were talking to himself.

120 Posts
Ooc — Kai
No. I don't know anything about Khaba or what happened, or what betrayal either of you have or haven't committed. It was then the giant, which had never known conflict, chose to step between his packmates and the stranger named Sunspots. If he knew anything, he was big, and it'd be harder to get to him if he were in the way. 

But whatever happened to make you hate each other isn't the problem right now, Questions filled the happy wolf's head that were perhaps not as happy as he'd like them. Who was Khaba? Whatever they'd done surely meant something to these two. Since I got here, he's done nothing but trespass, and that gets taken up with Queen Toula. After all, it's her who decides his fate, not us.

But someone had to help Sunspots, and that's what friends were for, even if they'd interrupted before he could answer that question. Lead by example, they always said. I do not ask for forgiveness that you will not give, I ask for tolerance and the trust in our Queen to handle it.
Akashingo
Jodai

blameless
289 Posts
Ooc — Twin

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: language

I'm sorry for her death, too.
Zaahira damn near saw red as Khusobek made his approach, seconding her threat — only his was much more vulgar.
Ivory flashes in a loud snap in the former omega's direction. You are a fucking liar, her tone is cool, though constricted pupils and hot breath betray her. You tell me of betrayal? Khaba was wanted man for treason. Khaba kill his own women. Khaba lie, Khaba steal, Khaba ruin my life. Khaba ordered the death of Raven, too, but that part she left out. She also left out the fact that he was now a prisoner, should Sunspots get any ideas.
Queen Toula was a young woman of wisdom, of kindness; she healed wounds, offered sympathy — her smile could light up a room. She had shown Zaahira true morality, and for that, she deserved loyalty.
And yet, the Sesh makes an attempt at peace, but that would not come. He was right; Toula was not a Queen who desired bloodshed. But this was personal! And oh, if Sunspots wanted to make this personal, she would double it! 
And are you not betraying him right now, running to the Palace? she laughs at that, slamming a paw into the red sands as a broken chortle leaves a dry throat. You worship an evil man. You are weak. A coward. No more than mud beneath my feet.
And then, with one last puff of air from her nostrils; I give you one last warning before I feed your fucking entrails to the Queen.
Muat-riya
Mazoi
281 Posts
Ooc — ebony
words. anger. rage.

khusobek knew these things. he did not interfere when the giant spoke, nor did he speak for zaahira.

he parted his jaws to speak then, saying let him come to the throne room, when the tread of the prince announced senmut.
Akashingo
Erpa-ha*
936 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Chaplain
Missionary
"enough."

senmut was somber. the voices had risen, had drawn him. the throng had quickened his step.

the prince walked among them to confront the man at the borders. "you abandoned khaba, yet you bring insult to the mercy of akashingo. the mercy of our queen."

the brilliant green of his eyes had taken the hardness of gemstone.

"it is my feeling you should become a slave to us in return now twice for your life. but it is not i who draws the final edict."

"mazoi do not pass judgement. they bring those who are to be judged. and you, sesh, you too work in unity for her service." rebuke delivered, he gestured harshly to the lake wolf. "come now, at once. walk. if you do not, then consider it the end of my patience and thus my investment in your life." ear flicking toward zaahira as he ended his command.
Sunclaw
48 Posts
Ooc — Sunclaw
Sunspots looked at Zaahira, but before she could reply, Senmut arrived. Sunspots dug her claws into the ground at the sight, but couldn't help but back away a bit.

He listened to what the wolf said, still holding back a snarl as he remembered Zaahira's last words. However, he followed Senmut without complaining or speaking.