Blacktail Deer Plateau Long may she reign
812 Posts
Ooc —
Junior stirred in the middle of the night, though her mismatched eyes were much too glassy to convey real consciousness. Like a shadow, the bony juvenile slipped from the den with nary a flinch, seemingly oblivious to the pain in her scabby forelegs. She moved through the cold, breathless night, until she came to the edge of the plateau. Junior very nearly walked right over it and to her death, though she managed to hook her hind feet into the rock and pull back with a laugh and a quiet, "Whoopsy daisy!"

After righting herself, she huffed, staring out over the sprawling flat lands below. She then whirled and screamed, "I AM THE PRINCESS! THIS PLATEAU IS MY BIRTHRIGHT! I AM THE HEIR TO THE THRONE! I AM YOUR NEW ALPHA!" and promptly hiked a leg in the air and urinated all over the ledge (and herself).
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Finley was dead asleep when her fellow patient's movements tugged her out of yet another steamy dream. It was actually rather fortunate, for her partner was about to be Chuckles, the wolverine she often visited in Otter Creek when she needed advice (even though he never actually spoke to her except to snarl at her for coming so close to his den). That was a dream she really was not looking forward to, so she turned to peer at Junior with half a mind to thank her, only to watch as she stumbled out of the den.

Thinking nothing of it, Fin closed her eyes again to settle back into her dreams, hoping fervently that she wasn't about to pick up where she'd left off. As little as she wanted to pay the girl much attention, she lied awake, waiting for her to return. The minutes ticked by, past the amount of time it usually took her to urinate, past the time it took her to defecate. When finally they were past the point of super massive dump taking, Fin gave an irritated growl, pulled herself onto her aching legs and stalked out the door.

Fin arrived at the scene right about at the time Junior decided to piss all over herself, already thoroughly disturbed by the shouting she'd heard moments earlier. Although her wound at that point felt like it was on fire, she darted forward with a "The fuck--!" and made to grab the girl's scruff and pull her back away from the edge before she fell and got herself killed.

Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
i couldn't resist and Dante needs to check in with Junior at some point *terrible alpha*
Also assuming that Blue would have told him the nature of Junior's injuries... If that's not ok let me know and I will edit

Though it was night, Dante had decided to make a quick run by Blue's healing den. He hadn't had time yet to check in since he'd heard news of Junior being brought in, and if he was going to be heading to the Caldera he wished to at least make one visit beforehand. He was aware of Junior's feelings on the matter but no matter how estranged the two may be, a father deserved to know what was going on with his daughter. It would only make it harder to prevent Peregrine from visiting, but if Blue was right, Dante was now one hundred percent sure this was the best course of action. He planned on preventing Perry from coming even while Finley was recuperating, something he hadn't planned on before. He was glad that Blue agreed, at least in part.

When he arrived before the den, though, he heard a shout and then a commotion. Running forward, he arrived in time to see Finley pulling Junior back. Completely confused as to why they were out (and why there was a strong scent of piss in the air) Dante moved to help, fearful that both would end up hurting themselves. "What's going on?" He asked Finley, attempting to herd Junior back into the den by putting his solid frame between herself and the ledge.
aiming for Warrior, Guardian, and Advisor specializations
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
The recent changes in the pack had left Osprey a little unsettled and at loss of what to do. Two injured wolves, one healer, who had to spend her time with them and then the rest of the people, who had to dedicate their time to feed the trio and not let them starve to death. Along with that the thief that constantly raided the caches had still not be caught, so there was little point in catching and storing anything. This would be a tough winter, if it continued like this.

Since her old den had almost collapsed on her, Osprey had found a new one, which lied not that far from Blue's. Not that they could meet each other face to face every morning or yell over den mouths, but enough for the hunter to hear them and always have a "watchful" ear to keep tabs on them. After a long day, she usually was very tired and fell asleep imediately, but this night was different. She was having nightmares and woke every other moment just to fall back to a fragile sleep.

Eventually she gave up and crawled out of her den to have some fresh air and this was just the moment, when she caught sight of someone emerging and moving away from Blue's den. Osprey froze and blinked few times, trying to decide, whether she had been seeing things or not. After a brief period of time another one limped outside. This time Osprey followed quietly. They were moving to the edge of the plateau - that much she could tell. Then the sound of a loud voice, talking total nonesense rang through the air. She quickened her pace and arrived just in time to see, how one dark figure grabbed the other by scruff and pulled it away from danger.

Before she even had a chance to say something, Dante appeared out of nowhere and assesed the situation. "Are you alright?" she asked, addressing this to the two she-wolves, while approaching the friendly trio.
812 Posts
Ooc —
I'm glad you three could make it to my shit show! >:)

No one came forth to contest her declaration, so Junior nodded as if to say, Just like I thought. She then began to turn, only she moved drunkenly and very nearly stepped over the ledge again. Even as she tipped, she felt a pinch and pressure at her nape. Her legs buckled and some force swept her backward, saving her from death's second pass for the night.

"Who dares scruff the mighty Alpha like a whelp?" she bellowed. Swinging around by the loose skin of her neck, Junior came to rest facing Dante and Osprey (she could not see Finley behind her). "I am here to challenge you to a duel!" she shouted, eyes locking on Dante, her challenge complemented by a spume of vomit.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Fin landed her teeth upon the girl's neck just barely in time. With the help of the adrenaline rushing through her veins, she tugged Junior back and away from the ledge to safety. She released her hold as Junior swung around and stumbled backwards, catching herself on her bad shoulder with a sharp yelp. Fin dropped quickly to her haunches and picked her paw up off the ground, shoving her weight to her other side as the pain shot through her body, making her feel ill.

Speaking of which.

In the confusion, she hadn't noticed Dante and Osprey enter the scene until she watched Junior vomiting at them. She felt her stomach turn again, but kept her composure. Words came up in her throat, but were stilled to only a soft whine as her eyes darted between the players in this strange dramatic scene Junior had them acting out.

Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
As Junior whirled to look at him, shouting some nonsense about challenging and the vomiting, Dante felt an icy clench of fear in his gut. It was obvious the girl was out of her mind, and he figured it to be the fever. He had known her condition to be serious, but seeing it was another matter. "Shit." They needed to get her calm, this couldn't be good for her. Pushing down the panic that always arose with medical emergencies, he attempted reason. Probably not the best idea but he wasn't sure what else to do.

"Junior, you need to calm down," he appealed, glancing at Osprey as he did so. "We need to get her back inside," he said quietly, obvious worry written all over his face. If they couldn't, she was a danger to herself and those around her.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
Had Osprey not known, how ill Junior was, she would have thought that the whole situation was a bit hilarious. At least the confident - drunk - way Junior spoke to them made the corners of her lips twitch, as if she had been about to laugh, but suppressed it at the last moment. It was a good thing it was dark and no one could see her expression exactly.

When Junior emptied the contents of her stomach right before her and Dante, she took a small step back to avoid, stepping in the icky goo. She side-glanced and met Dante's concerned gaze. He suggested herding the patient back to where she would be safe and sound again. She nodded, then turned to look at Finley: "How are you doing? Will you be able to walk back home?" Frankly speaking - the question was asked purely out of politeness, because if Finley couldn't - well, they couldn't help her either. She was too heavy to be lifted and carried all the way.
812 Posts
Ooc —
Junior hiccoughed after emptying her stomach's contents onto the ground at their feet, then looked upward as if nothing had happened. When Dante told her to calm down, her black ears folded backward and her glazed eyes became as hard as ice chips. The fur all along her spine prickled indignantly as her tail lashed the air, sweeping the disgusting scents of urine and vomit—both of which were splattered on her legs, including her healing forelimbs—all around them.

Lips wrinkling back from her teeth, Junior lunged at Dante, though she slipped somewhat in her own puddle of sick. The movement made her dizzy and she had trouble staying standing. Aware that she was going to fall over any second now and was therefore going to lose the duel, she spit violently in Dante's face, then promptly keeled over onto her side. She would not have lost consciousness had her head not bumped roughly on the shale on the way down, knocking her lights out.
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
The distance from The Sunspire to the plateau was unreasonably short to Tytonidae. She both dreaded and yearned for Blacktail Deer Plateau, and she worried about how her friends and family might react to her abandonment of them. The girl felt terrible guilt, even now, with Summer assuring her over and over again she had nothing to be afraid of. And yet, fear gripped her heart, and she felt unable to move as she approached her birthplace. Each step was a struggle, but she pressed on, knowing once in her life that this was actually something she had to do.

As they grew closer, Ty suddenly changed her mind about bringing Summer. “I need to do this,” she said, feeling bad about bringing him so close, only to turn him away. “I’ll come see you at The Sunspire when I’m ready.” And for all she knew, that would be right away. Leaving no room for argument, and thanking him for his company as she traveled here, Ty watched him go back to The Sunspire, and she knew she would see him again.

It was dark now, and Ty had originally planned to wait, but a flurry of voices and commotion beckoned her forward, and she bolted up the winding path to the top of the plateau, ignoring any sense she had to retreat from the borders. The blanket of darkness made it hard to see any distinct figures, but Tytonidae could smell her sister, blood, urine, vomit, Dante, her aunt Osprey, and Finley, one of the wolves who had left with her father and Fox.

Well, this was overwhelming, and it left Ty speechless. This was not what she had wanted to walk into, and she nearly turned around right then and there.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Watching Junior, Fin was reminded strongly of the viper she had tangled with not long ago, only with far less calculated movements. Trepidation rose in her as the girl's ears went flat, but soon after her attention was taken by Osprey who was speaking to her. "What?" she asked, her eyes darting back and forth, "Oh, yeah, I can walk." Whether or not that was true, Fin didn't have time to consider for Junior was launching herself at the alpha recklessly.

Fin's fur stood on end as she lifted her head to attention, watching as Junior stumbled and fell, cracking her head upon the ground. "Oh shit!" she barked out, completely bewildered as she shoved herself up onto all fours (well, more like three as she still was favoring her non-injured foreleg heavily). She didn't notice as Ty arrived at the scene, too focused on watching it unfold to lend her attention elsewhere.

1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
waiting on an oil change so why not eh?

Holy hell there was a lot going on right now. Perhaps issuing a request hadn't been the best course of action, but it was done now. He saw the fury hit her and braced himself , ready to take the brunt of the blow in order to keep her from hitting the edge and going over. As she snapped, however, she seemed to lose her balance , and spat in his face instead on the way down. Dante recoiled as he got a face full, stomach joining the turning party. Ugh. Seeing Ty , he warned her away. "Ty, stay back ." He didn't want Junior attacking anyone else .

It was an unnecessary statement, for she knocked herself out on the way down, and Dante stepped over her, ignoring the filth surrounding her. "Gods fuck it," he said quietly, not normally one to curse but feeling this situation merited it. Pressing his nose against her chest, he felt for a heartbeat and to make sure her breathing was regular.

"Help me?" He asked Osprey, willing to move her alone but not sure he could do so gently. "Careful though, she might wake." She was obviously having aggressive delusions and the last thing thy needed was more injuries. They would get her cleaned off and then Dante would be staying in front of the den tonight. It might be better if Finley relocated as well.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
When Osprey's namesake made an attempt to charge at Dante, she felt both surprised and annoyed. She took another step back, her mind considering the next tactical moment to free the alpha from the attacker, if the need arised. It didn't. Junior stumbled, fell, hit her head and lied still and totally limp on the floor. For a moment it seemed like the girl was dead - which would be very unfortunate - therefore, while fearing the worst, the girl's aunt approached her and had a careful sniff around her head and body. A wave of relief washed over, when she realized that the young one was still alive.

Only then did she notice that another person had entered the scenery - at the very best moment. She recognized Junior's sister, gave her a quick look and then turned to Dante, who swore under his breath. Osprey couldn't help it and cracked a grin, for he had summarized the whole situation in three simple words. No comments needed. "Sure - you take her by the nape - and I will grab her fur on the small of her back - it will be easier and do less harm to her," Osprey told him, moving around the lying body and being ready to move the girl, whenever the alpha was going to do that too.
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
last from me, sorry for out of order @Finley but I thought I'd give you something to respond to :)
Edit: augh and @Tytonidae, whoops! If you wanted to post before let me know and I can delete this

Dante nodded at Osprey's suggestion, grateful for the input and assistance. Before he moved to pick her up, he looked at Finley. "Perhaps you should stay in my den tonight? I'll likely stay with Junior to make sure nothing happens, but I'd feel better with you out of her way." If she suddenly woke and decided to challenge Finley for whatever reason she could undo a lot of the Caldera wolf's healing. "I can take you there after we get her back, it isn't far." He hadn't had the chance to dig it out much since finding it, but Finley was smaller so would fit just fine.

Bending down, he grasped Junior by the nape, lifting her high as he could so that only her paws dragged instead of the injured forelegs. Thank goodness he was tall, thoufh he'd be feeling it in his neck by the time they were done. Junior wasn't exactly small anymore, even with whatever weight had been lost to illness.
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
This works; thanks! Ty's last post for this thread. Please allow her to slip off. :)

The only acknowledgement of her presence was Dante telling her to stay back. Tytonidae looked on, realizing her mistake immediately. She did not belong here any more. This was no longer her home. The only wolf who had ever understood her, her father, was not here. She loathed Saena and Osprey Jr. Why would she come back here of all places. What a stupid idea it was to come back here. Ty blinked once, twice, three times, as they dragged her sister away and she was left standing there.

Tytonidae shook her head and then began to pad slowly back to The Sunspire. Summer, her real friend, would be waiting for her there. And maybe, just maybe, her mother would return some day.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Last post for me tooooo

Fin could do little else but stare as Dante and Osprey made plans to move the girl back to Blue's den. Her gaze flickered to Dante as he spoke to her and she gave a gentle nod. She had no desire to argue. In fact, she was only vaguely aware of what was happening at that point. Her mind was a whirl of thought, and her stomach was twisted into knots. She felt quite swoony, and so as Dante and Osprey carried Junior away, she stayed behind for a few moments before dragging herself up and following.

1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
With the corner of her eye Osprey noticed Tytonidae not following them, but going away. This wasn't right and this wasn't, what Dante had meant, when he had told her to stand aside. She wanted to call out to her niece and ask her to come, but her mouth was full of Junior's stinky pelt and they were in the process of dragging her. Her condition was as fragile as it was, she couldn't risk doing any more harm than already had been done.

Therefore she let out a muffled whimper, which the girl definitely didn't hear, and her heart sank. How many more family members was she going to lose because of new ambitions in life and hurt feelings?

ooc: last post from me.