Moonsong Glacier ice giant
Yellowstone
NPC
230 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
All Welcome 
Mojag had decided to return to his village as winter arrived. He was on his way when the call of many voices rose from the glacier, and that piqued his interest enough to waylay returning to his mother.

He had grown in to a fine young man; where once youthful fat hung from his face and belly, now there was taut muscle - and in his bearing was a greater measure of assuredness.

As he came to the village limits he found the scents of many, some he recognized and some he did not, and he chose to wait there patiently for any passerby. Better than calling out with his voice (Mojag did not want his mother to hear him in her own village and then worry).
Moonspear
Villager
462 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Stealing. Big Brotha!!! You can play it that he recognizes her or not. They could have met or they may not have and I have always been vague about it.

Ajei was on her way out. The fur of the otter sround her shoulders hiding most of her red. But the fire kissed head with cheeks of fluffy white that was visible.

A small wag of her tail to the wolf. Was he familiar, she couldn't really say. But her face was open, and kind.

Hello! Do you need to speak with Ariadne or Kilgitsuk?
Yellowstone
NPC
230 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
I assume they haven't met since he hasn't been to visit Shikoba for a while! Before Ajei's birth I think.

A girl wrapped in furs, carrying the scents of the moon villages, appeared and welcomed him. There were aspects of her that were familiar - subtle things that Mojag couldn't place with confidence. He decided she was pretty, and that was all.

Is that who heads this village? I would like to congratulate them. He smiled and let his tail sway, and otherwise appeared easy-going.

Would you tell them Mojag of village Moontide has come to visit?
Moonspear
Villager
462 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ajei studied this one. Broad back, red fur a bit like hers but deeper. He had kind face, bright eyes.

A huge smile lit up her face when he shared his name. 

Brother Mojag! You must come to see mama and Pop. And meet Chiteo, though

Her tail slumped a little. Womb brother doesn't stay near home

oh! she blushed a little using her mothers native tongue. silky girl

I. Forgove me. Heart got excited! I am Ajei daughter of Shikoba and Inutsuk and you be first son, big brother Mojag. Yea?
Yellowstone
NPC
230 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
The girl rambled and he couldn't make much sense of it. She seemed to know who he was, which was peculiar, and named another child (a womb-brother? He was turned off by the phrase).

Then it clicked (sort of; she had an odd way of speaking).

I... Yes, I guess so. I am the son of Shikoba. Mojag did not name his father, as he considered himself without one. He did recall hearing that his mother welcomed another litter to her hearth - and he was thrilled to have finally met one of his baby siblings!

At the same time, Mojag realized he had failed in his vow to be there, the man of the lodge, the big brother.

It is good to meet you, Ajei. How is -- home, and mother? Everyone?
Moonspear
Villager
462 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ajei had gathered the phrase for her brother quite early. Litter mate didn't sit well with her. So she had chosen another one. And it didn't help that truthfully she hardly saw either one of her brothers. Chiteo was never there and neither was Mojag. This being the first time in memory of meeting him.

Her ears curled to her head and she looked down sheepishly. I'm sorry. I was excited and didn't think before I spoke.

She twisted her tail for a moment in thought. Realizing quickly she didn't know what to say or do. And she felt the shyness of her nature beginning to press hard on her innards, but she tried to stave it off. Really she did.

Mother is good. She ages, spends much time resting after border patrol and hunting. I do not see Pop much, well hardly at all and Chiteo hasn't been around since we were very young. He is mmm restless.

She blinked up at him. Heart brother Rodyn has told us of you and how well you do. We are all proud of you!
Yellowstone
NPC
230 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
He was surprised, but did not want to say anything to stop the girl with her excitement and looked at her encouragingly; when she explained their mother was growing tired in her age, Mojag was struck by how much he had missed, and felt a sudden regret grip his heart.

Hearing that Inutsuk was not active in Ajei's life earned a sympathetic crease of a smile, the kind that lightly upturns the features. It was satisfying to know that Inutsuk's lack of involvement wasn't reserved for his son, and that put to rest a certain self-doubt within Mojag.

I will visit soon, he promised.

I have been many places now, and I miss mother Shikoba, and Moonglow. Maybe... We could go together? How fortunate that he should come across his little sister here!
Moonspear
Villager
462 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ajei hadn't met her brother before. But her mother spoke so highly of him. So did heart brother Rodyn. It was exciting for her to meet him, perhaps he didn't feel the same. That was okay. Though she felt a deep sense of loss at the thought, and soundly reprimanded herself for being so pessimistic silently of course.

A bright smile lit up her face and she nodded. I would like this! And Mama will be so happy to see you. Do you want to go now? Or did you have business with Miss. Ariadne and the others here?

Her tail wagged behind her and the brightness of her smile stayed there. Truly happy to have met someone that her mother loved so much and a new brother, in hopes that she could love him just as much someday.
Yellowstone
NPC
230 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Ariadne? He knew that name only through the grapevine of names, and didn't realize she was the head of this village, or her relation to Kukutux, just that he recognized the name in a vague sense. His sister was more aware of things than he was. Mojag had been wandering for a while now and remained oblivious to the specifics.

He gave a shrug. I only came here because I was curious.

But more importantly, Are you done with-- whatever brought you here? I will walk with you. Let us go home to mother.
Moonspear
Villager
462 Posts
Ooc — Danni
I apologize I am so slow lately with replies. <3

Ajei had only met Ariadne on happenstance. She wouldn't have even known her had she  not. Moonwoman, didn't much talk about her children at least not to Ajei and that was fine. She did when she wanted to talk proudly, or with other mothers.

oh Yes. I was getting ready to go home. I don't much like being out too long, and not after dark.

A small sheepish, shy smile. She was not like their mother or their father. She was quiet and shy and a little reserved. Though she had about talked his ear off. So perhaps it depended on the situation she surmised.
Yellowstone
NPC
230 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Then let us go home. He smiled, and stepped aside so that she could come to stand beside him; within moments they were off and headed on their way. If Ajei felt like speaking up along the way, Mojag would listen attentively, laugh when appropriate, and take the time to learn about his sister and the family he had dispersed from; and the more time they spent together, the more Mojag realized how much he missed their mother. It would be good to see her again.